Now That The Force Awakens Is Out, Which is Your Favorite SW Movie?

Tools    

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. The Force Awakens

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Phantom Menace

7. Attack of the Clones

A New Hope is my favorite followed in order by...
Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
The Force Awakens (maybe)
The Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones (I can't decide between them)
Revenge of the Sith

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. The Force Awakens

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Revenge of the Sith

6. The Phantom Menace

7. Attack of the Clones

Totally agree with this list

Empire is still #1 and will be hard for any future film to beat. It's not just the best Star Wars film but one of the best movie sequels ever.

After that I think I can safely say it's a tie for Star Wars (1977) and The Force Awakens. They do mirror each other closely and that's part of the reason why they share my #2 spot. Force Awakens highlights what the better parts of Star Wars were and vice versea.

3rd place is Return of the Jedi

4th would have to be Revenge of the Sith as it's the closest to the originals when it comes to story but it's very hit and miss. There are only parts I really like instead of the film as a whole.

5th is Attack of the Clones. Over time it's become a lot more generic than I thought possible. Especially for a Star Wars film. Generic love story. Generic action sequences. Chases. Cliffhnager. Ugh.

6th Phantom Menace. I really like the first 10-15 minutes aboard the Trade Federation ship. That still feels like Star Wars to me. But as soon as the film moves to Naboo and yuck, Tatooine it just draggggs.

Gonna be interesting to see where Rouge One end up.