What Movie Did You Think You Would Hate But Ended Up Loving?

Tools    

Very old story, but back in the mid-80's, a buddy and I would go see a movie about once every two weeks.
The trend was; whoever picked a loser would be mocked & ridiculed for their choice for several days afterward. So at one point, my friend picked The Bounty (1984).
I had no knowledge of the history of the subject matter at the time and I remember saying I really didn't want to see some stupid "Pirate" movie (after all, that one with Kristy McNichol hadn't done too well)!
I was well prepared to take my friend to account if this "Pirate" movie was a bomb.

Long story short, we had a rollicking good time and The Bounty became a favorite. There were many times at work when we'd repeat the line, "I am in HELL, sir!"

For me it was Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it would be the beginning of the end for Marvel. But it has become one of my favorite movies.
I don't know about loving but I would say the Star Trek reboot. It didn't fill me with any real enthusiasm but when it was broadcast on TV I caught the opening battle sequence and I was really pulled in. I then bought the DVD and watched the film and it appealed to me as a fan of the series. I must say I was a lot less keen on the sequel, particularly Benedict Cumberbatch's performance.

Persona by Ingmar Bergman. I don't think I would love this film. One night I gave a try and I end of watching almost all bergman movie in 1 week. Persona still my top list from him tho

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Drive (2011)

I walked into the theatre with a fun and careless attitude, thinking I'll watch some imitation of Dominic Toretto. Instead, the movie was awesome.

Spring Breakers, Showgirls, Piranha 3D, The Village (didn't love, but liked), 4:44 Last Day on Earth... to name a few.

If you went by the general consensus, you'd think that watching these films would be more harmful than Ebola. To my bewilderment, they weren't.

Dead Man Walking (1995)

definitely not expect to love it that much. Amazing movie.