What's The Best Movie of 2015 So Far?

Tools    

I've only seen two, that I remember.

Ex Machina would be my number 1
Mad Max Fury Road would be at the bottom of my list
This ^^ except that Ex Machina is my #2

For Me, MAD MAX. great film, the only negative Was the bloody guitar war cryer... too much

1. Beasts of No Nation
2. Hard to Be a God
3. World of Tomorrow
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Sicario
6. A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence
7. The Duke of Burgundy
8. The Look of Silence
9. Wild Tales
10. Queen of Earth

Runners up: Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation, Timbuktu, Mistress America, Phoenix, Steve Jobs, Ex Machina, Clouds of Sils Maria, The End of the Tour, Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter, The Martian

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I don't know if it's a bad sign for this year's roster, but Ex Machina would have to be my choice as well. I really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't blurt out MotY. Then I started going through what I have seen and I was like, yeah, MotY.

Then again, I think Q4 is going to be laden with greatness. Looking forward to seeing Fassbot this week.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Top 5 so far...

1. The Martian
2. Suffragette
3. What We Do in the Shadows
4. Bill
5. Testament of Youth

Still to see:

The Force Awakens
Far From the Madding Crowd
Mr. Holmes
Fury Road
Jurassic World
The Danish Girl
The Lobster
Carol
Macbeth
Legend
Room

Till now 2015 overall has been a dud. Last year by now we had, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Birdman a few others.

Till now most movies are just good to very good range. Nothing to go ga ga over.

Black Mass is the only good one i watched.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
These last two months are gonna have some head bustas though.

Mad Max was pretty good but Inside Out was better. Other 2015 stuff I watched was Attack on Titan which was ok. So Inside Out stands as the best of 2015 for now. Well. Wall-E was one of the best films of 2008 as well as UP in 2009.

Yeah... inside out was really good. Forgot about it!

Still Alice was 2014.

So far the only two that would make a "best of" list for me are The Assassin, and The Jinx (I don't care if it's a mini-series, I'm counting it because it's that good). Other notables include Going Clear, Dope, Inside Out, and The End of the Tour. That's strictly going by imdb year. Late 2014 movies worth mentioning are The Look of Silence and Timbuktu.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

This would be my top 3 of 2015 (IMDb standard) from what I've seen so far:

1) Youth
2) Going Clear
3) Mad Max: Fury Road

Expecting to see a lot more good ones in the near future, though.

MI5

It Follows 5/10
Mad Max 5/10
Entourage 6/10
Jurassic World 7/10
Terminator 3/10
Southpaw 5/10
Vacation 3/10
Mission Impossible 6/10
The Gift 6/10
Straight Outta Compton 7/10
Sinister 2 3/10
The Visit 5/10
The Green Inferno 7/10
Black Mass 8/10
Sicario 9/10

I'm going to have to play catch up. Haven't seen much this year... Most of what I've seen wasn't really good thus far.