Which is the Best Batman Movie so Far & Why?

Tools    

I'll posit that Batman: The Animated Series is the most faithful adaption and that an animated television series is the more appropriate medium for a serialized comic as well. Just give the Wiki page a once over and tell me I'm wrong.
Indeed.
And for those who'd argue that it can't be included because it wasn't a movie...
There was Mask of the Phantasm (1993)
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero (1998)
and Mystery of the Batwoman (2003)
...all derived from The Animated Series!

Batman Returns.

I'm not a Batman fan, though the proper Batman of the 60's is great. That being the case, I guess Batman & Robin should be one of my favourites, but I think Batman Returns has that fun, while still being dark.
That one was pretty weird film.

Batman Forever is one of my favorite ones. Jim Carrey is the perfect Riddler. I don't get why people didn't like it
It was all the neon.
(That, and when the giant bank vault on a chain defies physics and magically slides back into the building. Either the laws of physics just stopped working or Batman has telekinetic powers that can move thousands of tons of steel. At least he didn't put the Great Wall of China back together by looking at it!)

It was all the neon.
(That, and when the giant bank vault on a chain defies physics and magically slides back into the building. Either the laws of physics just stopped working or Batman has telekinetic powers that can move thousands of tons of steel. At least he didn't put the Great Wall of China back together by looking at it!)

The plot has nothing exceptional, some flaws like the one you mentioned exist but still Jim Carrey shines and that's all I care about the movie

The plot has nothing exceptional, some flaws like the one you mentioned exist but still Jim Carrey shines and that's all I care about the movie
Some felt he shined, others felt he was over-the-top (if I may quote his own lines from the movie).

A big problem was Two-face. I don't know who's idea it was to have him act like the Joker from the old TV series - guffawing and cackling at every opportunity. It doesn't quite work when you have two giggling, laughing & prancing villains in one movie. It would have worked better to play Carey's mania as the Riddler off of a much darker & serious multiple-personality disorder of Two Face.
Two Face has always been a dark & tragic character who's got potential for deep psychological drama. (A great handling of his story that really captured the intensity of the character was done in Batman the Animated Series.)

I'm a big fan of Batman, but not necessarily all of the Batman movies. My favorite is 1989's 'Batman' starring Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson.

My least Favorite is Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin...so many ice puns.
I'd have to say that the best film is The Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger's performance.

Dark Knight far and away. Everybody brought their A game. Not just Ledger.

I think its The Dark Knight. This film for me is the best superhero film as well as best Nolan film (until that, I actually disliked Nolan a lot).
It's not only Ledger's performance but also the story, the special effects, cinematography - everything is just perfect.
You know when you watch a film and you think 'oh,if this happened instead, it would've been better' ? Well, I never have this when watching TDK. In some scenes, it exceeds my own imagination haha

The Dark Knight is by far the best. Christian Bale in my opinion has played the Bruce Wayne role the best so far and he wears the cape and cowl well although the deep voice is of course a bit overdone. Heath Ledger's Joker is phenomenal acting from a superbly written part. We also get the transformation of Harvey Dent into Two-Face that ties in with the overall plot and character change that Dent goes through. The pace is also what I call quick-steady. Not ridiculously fast, but never slow and once you are drawn in, it is next to impossible to turn away, in a big way due to Ledger's performance as I can't help but wonder what he will do next. The supporting cast is also excellent. I thought Gary Oldman and Eric Roberts did very well in their parts. The music score and queues are very well done, especially whenever the Joker is in a scene. The film has the dark serious side, with a lot of comedic relief from the Joker as well. When he laughs after being tossed to his death from the top of a building, there's just something hilarious about the guy. This is one of the longer films(behind only the Dark Knight Rises I believe) but it uses the time well, incorporating lots of suspense, chaos and action sequences. I mean, this is almost a crime movie with a few masks and face paint thrown in. We see a bank robbery, a hospital blown up, a prison blown up, a warehouse blown up, a huge amount of money burned, countless people shot, several car wrecks and a game of chicken between good citizens on one barge and a group of prisoners on another. There is so much to say about this film, I can't squeeze it all in here. Don't get me wrong. The 1989 Batman was very good for the time. Batman Returns I thought dropped off though and well the Schumacher versions were terrible. Batman Begins gave Batman a better origin story and went much deeper into the character, but that was all a good build-up to the best film, The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises was also excellent. Tom Hardy's Bane stole the show I thought and his physical battles with Batman are so much fun since Batman is no longer the physical badass compared to all his other adversaries but is actually matched and even outmatched at times by the hulking villain. Yet, even that excellent film lacked the magic of The Dark Knight. I believe it is one film that is here to stay for decades. They really nailed it with a fantastic script, solid acting a mesmerizing film, that , like its many shots of revolving around the characters for the IMAX screenings, keeps the gears in our heads turning and wanting more.

I'm torn between Batman: The Movie (1966) and The Dark Knight as far as live-action films go, both for different reasons. The Dark Knight is a great crime film that really transcends a lot of the serious superhero films that came before it. On the flip side, Batman: The Movie is absolutely hilarious, as is the show, and it covers an era of Batman that no one else really has since (excluding that great Brave and the Bold animated series).

I love the 1989 Tim Burton film because of the dark atmosphere that Burton creates and the performances of Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton. I think Nicholson should have won the Oscar for Outstanding Lead Actor that year and as amazing he was, Michael Keaton never allowed himself to be blown off the screen by Nicholson either...his Caped Crusader was strong yet vulnerable and his Bruce Wayne was charmingly conflicted creating mad chemistry with Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale. I also loved The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises for primarily the same reason...the villains in both were incredible...Heath Ledger's Oscar winning Joker and Tom Hardy's Bane were sinister and entertaining.