THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Welcome back, Swanny Boy
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I saw that video earlier today. I thought the penguins were so cute waddling around the museum.
Yeah, I find it funny how Randy says they react one way to a certain painter versus another painter. My daughter knows Randy as he's over our zoo.. she said he's a great guy. Its neat that they took them to the art museum for enrichment.

Everyone should go to an art or history museum for enrichment.

Everyone should go to an art or history museum for enrichment.
Back before COVID, I would go to a Museum each month. I live in Ventura County so I'm really close to Los Angeles. I'm spoiled with two Getty Museums, (one of which features a Van Gogh), Radio and Television, Reagan Library, Chumash, etc. Plus countless local trails to see cool places. Really neat! I feel blessed.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Back before COVID, I would go to a Museum each month. I live in Ventura County so I'm really close to Los Angeles. I'm spoiled with two Getty Museums, (one of which features a Van Gogh), Radio and Television, Reagan Library, Chumash, etc. Plus countless local trails to see cool places. Really neat! I feel blessed.
I love museums and zoological parks.. With my daughter growing up, I always got a membership to our zoo.. after my daughter graduated community college, she started volunteering at the zoo.. My friend said to me, "I bet you are happy she's working at the zoo, that's what you always wanted for her"., No, I wanted her to enjoy her job and that's what she's doing now. Associates in Biology, works in the Education Department at Kansas City Zoo...

My daughter is lead employee at "Stingray Bay" at our zoo... She has said that we could both get a certification in "Interpretive Speech" together so she can move up to a management position and I could work at a museum, which would be a dream job. However, the closes to me are Oklahoma City or Chicago. You pay for a week's worth of courses and your certification test at the end. I do not have the time nor money to do that right now in my life.

https://www.interpnet.com/NAI/interp...3-27a9e4f93d4a

@Dog Star Man

You are so lucky! If I lived in Los Angeles, my summer weekend nights would be spent at Griffith Observatory. We have one here at the University of Missouri, Kansas City but it's nothing like Griffith.

I love museums and zoological parks.. With my daughter growing up, I always got a membership to our zoo.. after my daughter graduated community college, she started volunteering at the zoo.. My friend said to me, "I bet you are happy she's working at the zoo, that's what you always wanted for her"., No, I wanted her to enjoy her job and that's what she's doing now. Associates in Biology, works in the Education Department at Kansas City Zoo...

My daughter is lead employee at "Stingray Bay" at our zoo... She has said that we could both get a certification in "Interpretive Speech" together so she can move up to a management position and I could work at a museum, which would be a dream job. However, the closes to me are Oklahoma City or Chicago. You pay for a week's worth of courses and your certification test at the end. I do not have the time nor money to do that right now in my life.

https://www.interpnet.com/NAI/interp...3-27a9e4f93d4a
That's really cool! We have two zoo's here, LA and Santa Barbara, and Sea World in San Diego. (And if your up for the trek, the Monterey Bay Aquarium which is just phenomenal). Good for your daughter though! I'm so very happy for her! Yes, it's best to fall into a vocation you enjoy than do something that you're just "grinding" and "getting by." I'll have to check into the NAI. I may end up submitting a donation. As for Griffith Park, that too is something I've been to a number of times. Many times I've revisit a certain Museum, Zoo, etc. on any given month. Sometimes if I had vacation time I'd schedule whole trips around seeing the Museums and National Parks of California like Joshua Tree, Yosemite, Sequoia, Death Valley. In fact, there's a Historical Museum on the way to Death Valley which documents all the films, (mainly westerns), filmed there. It's really cool!

That's really cool! We have two zoo's here, LA and Santa Barbara, and Sea World in San Diego. (And if your up for the trek, the Monterey Bay Aquarium which is just phenomenal). Good for your daughter though! I'm so very happy for her! Yes, it's best to fall into a vocation you enjoy than do something that you're just "grinding" and "getting by." I'll have to check into the NAI. I may end up submitting a donation. As for Griffith Park, that too is something I've been to a number of times. Many times I've revisit a certain Museum, Zoo, etc. on any given month. Sometimes if I had vacation time I'd schedule whole trips around seeing the Museums and National Parks of California like Joshua Tree, Yosemite, Sequoia, Death Valley. In fact, there's a Historical Museum on the way to Death Valley which documents all the films, (mainly westerns), filmed there. It's really cool!

We have the Kansas City Zoo, Topeka Zoo, Kansas Wildlife Exhibit, Sedgwick County Zoo, and Tanganyika Wildlife Park. We have SeaLife Aquarium (my daughter had worked here before as well), Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Thomas Hart Benton Museum (Kansas City Museum, is now what it called), University of Kansas Natural History Museum and several others on campus in Lawerence, KS. We have some at the University of Missouri, both Kansas City and Columbia campus. Kansas City is full of places to enjoy as well as the surrounding area within a 100-mile radius.

The Kansas City Zoo has plans to add an aquarium as well.

We have a program in the So Cal area called "Passport 2 History"

http://www.passport2history.com

It's really neat! You get a little booklet and if you see a Museum that's registered in the booklet you get a unique "sticker/badge" to put in your booklet to say that you've been there!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That's really cool! We have two zoo's here, LA and Santa Barbara, and Sea World in San Diego. (And if your up for the trek, the Monterey Bay Aquarium which is just phenomenal).
I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium many years ago. I loved it, but it was kind of weird because it felt like the animals were all wrong. After watching Star Trek IV so many times, I kind of expected to see whales there, even though I knew that the movie wasn't real.