My Favorite Films of 2013

Tools    

I thought "Jug Face" was a very weak film. I did not enjoy it at all.... and I enjoy Horror.

@Springbreakhaters:

Nah.

It's actually a great, little, unconventional film containing some interesting observations about the modern human condition. The film does that by telling the story of four young, teenage girls on spring break and showing their intrinsical (in)capability to go against their moral instincts.

It's also filmed in an intense neon lit atmospheric manner that I really liked.

Great choice, Lynchian!

spring breakers is a masterpiece. my second favorite from last year.
It truly is a masterpiece, surprisingly my mom loved the hell out of it. Which makes her pretty badass to me.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I thought "Jug Face" was a very weak film. I did not enjoy it at all.... and I enjoy Horror.
I liked it. I don't really think of it as horror though.

It's candy-colored like that other "misunderstood masterpiece" of garbage, Only God Forgives.
I didn't really like Only God Forgives either (although it looked nice visually), but Spring Breakers had some actual interesting philosophical substance, in my opinion. It was also a much more flowing film than the formerly mentioned.

only god forgives is complete style over substance. i actually liked it quite a bit, but that's really only because of the beautiful visuals. spring breakers is miles better.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah Spring Breakers is pretty good. Its no masterpiece and its not great imo, but its an interesting little film.

only god forgives is complete style over substance. i actually liked it quite a bit, but that's really only because of the beautiful visuals. spring breakers is miles better.
It might be style over substance, but I never got why people use that as a negative thing. Style over substance can still be good. Case in point: Amer.

GRAVITY

Lately, Gravity has been receiving undeserved backlash. In my opinion, I don't agree. Gravity gets better with each rewatch. There are sequences I i can't help but rewind and watch over and over again. The main star here, above all else, are the truly awe-inspiring, ground breaking visuals. You truly feel immersed in space and it becomes more and more tense as it goes on. Sandra Bullock gives yet another amazing performance, and one of her best. George Clooney is Clooney, but he's an appealing presence. This one film that is so technically immersive. But in the hands of Cuaron, he still manages to put in a few themes of loss, existence, survival, all leading to one cathartic experience. It's a huge triumph of cinema.