Doctor Who

Tools    

She wasn't AS bad as i expected but i think she may kill the Season, her character was ok for a one-off but recuring

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
she did have one of my fave dr. who lines ever, when she leaned out of the black cab window and said to the doctor

'Santa's a robot'

not the greatest line ever written but i love her delivery

Lost in never never land
I think that she could do decently as a companion, but she won't be even near the level of Rose or Martha for that matter. And I would say there was a notable gap between Rose and Martha.

But somehow, being from the U.S., I've already seen all the episodes of season three. It is pretty good, I don't think that anything they could have done would have been on the same level as the end of season two, but it isn't bad.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Last episode of season 2 is on UKtv gold now. I have seen it 4 or 5 times already and cried every time without fail. I wonder if I can watch it through without crying this time...

Lost in never never land
A little updated news for the fan(s) of the show out there as the new season gets close to starting. BBC has confirmed that Billie Piper will be back for three episodes this season as Rose.

WARNING: "Doctor Who" spoilers below
This might mean that the rumors that Davros appears at the end of the season (these rumors included Rose's return) are true.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Its funny... I have really liked Dr. Who since I was a kid, but I've never really considered it a "kids" show, as has been said several times in this thread.
I don't really know how I'd classify it, other than saying its just sci-fi, but a kids show? I don't know if I'd go that far... maybe I'd call it a family friendly show, one of those that you could all watch together (if you lived in a family that actually all like the show, which probably isn't the case for most people)...

Lost in never never land
I had no previous knowledge of Doctor Who when I started watching the newest incarnation of it. It was very easy to follow as they don't lean at all on the classic version, in that while villains or other things might crop up, they do explain them well enough. I probably missed some of the references to the old show, but you don't have to have seen the first incarnation of it to enjoy it.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
There are certain references, characters, villains that come up in the latest ones, that are important to the whole history of the Dr. Who franchise, but I don't think there would be many issues of just seeing the latest ones.
Some of the references include the Daleks, the Master, earlier companions, and I think it was only in one or two episodes... K-9.

Lost in never never land
Did anyone get a chance to see the Christmas Special that aired last night? I haven't been able to see it yet, and probably won't be able to for a week or so, but I am wondering if anyone has any opinion (thumbs up/down, how many bags of pop corn, whatever) about it, if they have seen it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I found it a bit tiresome...but then it is only a Christmas Special, they are always a bit cheesy and a bit too long. I thought Kylie was a dreadful actress and I didn't buy the thing between her and the doctor at all. The trailer for the new series was a bit depressing, too...I'm still not convinced that Catherine Tate isn't going to ruin it...

Lost in never never land
I'm also worried about Catherine Tate. I didn't think that Kylie did a bad job, but the thing between her and the Doctor was extremely rushed (mainly because it was a single episode). Kylie wasn't the greatest, but there have been worse performances that I have seen, unfortunately one of them might have been Tate in last years Christmas Special. Now I have to wait patiently (or fairly impatiently more likely) until the actual season starts up.

Lost in never never land
Whoohoo, it has started up again.

I actually enjoyed the first episode quite well. It wasn't amazing, but it did a good job giving the Doctor his new companion as well as introducing some of what will be happening in the future for the season. The last few minutes were a little WTF moment in them, like I knew it was going to happen that she would return, but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Lost in never never land
Tate actually did better then I expected. She is notably better then the Christmas special where I wanted to shoot her But in this episode, she has a moment or two like that, but for the most part she is a whole lot better.

Dachshunds Fear Me
We're just getting the Kylie episode in the States on April 18. I've watched Doctor Who since I was a kid - it aired on public TV here.

I can't say I love David Tennant's Doctor. He's just waaaaaaay too manic. I still watch out of loyalty, but nothing will ever compare to the glorious season of Christopher Eccleston. He was the best!

George: Arthur.