Grease
Star Wars, Ep. IV 'A New Hope'

Later:

Color of Money
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

My Yahoo! Movies page.

My Yahoo! Launch radio station.

The Apple Dumping Gang:

Movies were meant to be "fun"!!! I was so awed by Don Knotts in my younger days. He made popcorn taste better and family happier.

Disney's Robin Hood

I used to watch that before I went to sleep every night as a child. It's still amazing to me now.

I've seen the clue the movie before as a kid. I saw another movie just like it but I cant remeber the damn name to it. it was the same set up. In the film it had a french man with a butler who dressed up in fish nets They were in there room when the ceiling was falling down on them. There was a blind bulter in it two. Is this movie clue part 2 or named something different??????

Flight of the Navigator

I think this lady might have given me one of my first boners too.

I would have punched this thing in the face and broke it's steering wheel.

This is way cooler than the brain machine in A Clockwork Orange.

And this little Alien was real rad. I found one but my mom said it was actually dog poo and flushed it down the toilet after she rubbed it in my hair.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

When I was young my favorite movie was Big Trouble in Little China. LOL. I still love it.

I seriously doubt that even the most skilled and knowledgable among you could help me locate this movie from my distant childhood -- truly the first movie I ever loved. The name, the actors -- everything is lost to me except the main plot and - I don't think I was imagining this at the time - the music.

Here is what I remember. I've been looking for the title to this movie for 20 years and am not expecting much but here you go.

The movie was black and white, and when I first viewed it as a TV movie, it was in the year range 1959-1961.

The setting was a desert-like environment or a surface consisting primarily of sand. I do not remember if the main characters -- a group of young men -- were supposed to be cops, investigaors, military, or adventurers of some sort, but it appears they were investigating reports of people disappearing, being sucked into the sand and disappearing. I remember the rescuers finding some evidence of one of those sucked under -- a pair of shoes or something like that -- and then shortly after, one of the rescuers themselves were pulled under the sand as they shrieked and screamed.

At some point in the movie, we find out that those who have been pulled under and have disappeared have apparently entered some sort of paradise world deep beneath the sand. They are treated to foods and drinks and implied carnal pleasures --beautiful scantily clad women fanning the men as they lounged about. It seemed to be a place that represented "peace". When these scenes come on, the song "Stranger in Paradise" plays.

I was only 6 or 7 years old when I first saw this, and the only thing I remember from the rest of it was that the "paradise" was destroyed -- I think by some outside forces, even as its inhabitants including those sucked under, had mixed feelings or tried to stop it.

This is the first movie that had any impact on me. I remember feeling a strange sensation of hope and sadness from it. My first emotional attachment to any film.

IF ANYBODY has any idea of what this movie was, anything, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Feel free to write also directly to me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Not a film, per say, but a series of short films. One was about a group of future humans who traded life time as a currency. Another was about a guy who comes home with a gun, and has nightmares about his kid finding it. Finally, and best of all was about a little girl in a trailer park who meets a boy who launches bugs into space on golf balls.

With I could remember what they were called...

Star Wars...it was one of the first movies i ever watched and i loved it cuz i liked at the space ships and lasers and stuff lol

Just a girl who loves movies
ET. I was small when I saw it, but I really liked it

Fight Club.

This is my story. I was 13 and i didnt really take movies seriously like i do now. I never watched the oscars or golden globes. I knew no actors, directors, composers, actresses etc. I despised talking bits and loved action and violence only. When i saw this film, that all changed.

I was blown away by the originality of it all. I know it was a book, but the movie was unliek any i had ever seen. I thought to myself... "all right, so that was a movie about THOSE people. There are so many sweet dang movies out there! All telling stories i have yet to experiance!"

So, that is the film that transformed me into a movie monster.

But the first movie i loved dearly as a young boy was either The Nightmare Before Christmas or Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm.

This Thread is like 2 months old and I saw it back then and I thought "What was the first movie I loved?"and took me 2 months to find out and there it is

ALIEN
(1979)
Ridley Scott

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I don't know, I've always loved films. I think I watched the Star Wars movies more addictively than anything else though.

I would have to say Empire Records. Despite how disgusting that fact sounds. It just was unexpectedly good, and made me feel good, and I thinks thats what a good film does. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind did that too, and something even cornier than Empire: The Princess Bride. (Don't mess with a Cicilian when death is on the line!)

Anywho, sorry to shatter the good graces of your forum (I'd hate anyone who did this on my forum, so sorry) But I'm trying desperatly to find a film that a close friend of mine loved when growing up (a quest of sorts, if you will). We know that the antagonist lived in a giant 8-ball, its an 80s film, not animated, and involves Children protagonists who get somehow sucked into an alternate world. Beyond that i don't know what it is. I thought pinochio for the 8ball, and maybe laberynth, even perhaps The Never-ending Story, but none quite fit the bill. If it rings anyones bells, could you please let me know? I'd be quite grateful. (We're talking severe movie buff bragging rights too, by the way!!)

Anywho, you're also allowed to club me over the head. Like i said, i'd be pissed at someone breaking the peace of my forum, but thank you.

E.T
Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Disney's The Little Mermaid
Neverending Story
Goonies