Cemetery Junction

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Cemetery Junction is a new film written and directed by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (the team who brought you tv's The Office and Extras) out today in the UK.

It appears to be set in the 1970s, following three young men working at an insurance company.

As well as Gervais, the film also features Ralph Fiennes, Matthew Goode, Julia Davis and the brilliant Emily Watson in supporting roles.

Trailer:

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Took me three years to get round to watching this. Really wasn't worth the wait. Lame, cliched, predictable - you could see the end coming a mile off, and occasionally even say the dialogue before the characters.

The main character, played by Christian Cooke, was extremely bland, as was his love interest (Felicity Jones). His two friends, played by Tom Hughes and Jack Doolan, occasionally raised a smile, and I'd certainly look out for both of these actors in other things. Ralph Fiennes and Matthew Goode play tedious stereotypes while Emily Watson does the best with what she's given.

Clear nods to Saturday Night and Sunday Morning and even The Stepford Wives, but with less grit than a stick of candy floss.

The movie was not so good as the expectations were hoped for. I wish if my time spent on watching this movie could be returned.