MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Hey, there's been plenty of weeks where 147 points wasn't enough.

I won the battle but may have lost the war. I got into the win column but lost two of my top players, Saquon Barkley and Courtland Sutton, both to season-ending torn ACLs. After two games it was clear The Giants were already on track to have a dreadful season even before Barkley went down, but he is the kind of talent that despite a shoddy offensive line and game scripts that are going to have them down early and often you figure he still would have generated decent garbage time fantasy points - maybe not at the rate that would justify him being the second highest rated player in the league, but still decent. It's all academic, now. He gone.

Courtland missed the opener but was cleared just before Sunday's game. He is so tall and quick, he instantly started getting targets and catches. Aaaaaand then he was down and out. Not only did I lose them for the season but they went out so early in their games that they left me very little for the week: 8.10 from Sutton and an anemic 2.80 from Barkley.

If it weren't for that weird-ass Dallas game where Dak Prescott dug a big ol' hole and then flipped the switch into video game mode for 41.80 points (15 points over his projection) I would have struggled to get to 100 points, much less have a chance to win. My top-drafted receiver, Detroit's Kenny Golladay, still hasn't played a single snap - though he looks to be on track to start this coming Sunday in Arizona. Carolina's Robby Anderson was my twelfth overall pick but so far has turned out to be one of my best dudes. I took him to be a pure backup for Golladay and Sutton and an occasional flex starter but in my wideout void he has been a savior these first two weeks. Week One he was projected at 9.64 and scored 22.40 and this week a 9.75 projection that yielded 13.40 points. Chris Carson was my second pick behind Saquon and he is doing his share with 21.60 and 18.30 points. He will do nicely as my number one back without Barkley, it's finding a number two that is going to be impossible.

In Week Two I benefited from Wyldesyde19's Wolves having some key guys underperform - The Colts scored 28 points with only three short passes going to T.Y. Hilton and Jimmy Graham was only targeted once by Chicago - plus Raheem Mostert wasn't able to finish his game and add to that amazing beginning. Going into the Monday Night game I had a 70% chance to win, a 21.2 point lead, BUT Wylde had Drew Brees going. I had picked up Saints WR Tre'Quan Smith off of the waiver wire. With Megastud Michael Thomas out of the lineup Smith had a chance of seeing some targets. Most of the "experts" thought Emmanuel Sanders would become the favored receiver in Thomas' absence. How did that work out, Parrotheads? Sanders caught only one ball late while Tre'Quan saw seven targets and had five catches for 86 yard in the loss. Even better for me, since all of those passes came from Brees it essentially negated those points for Wyldesyde. Drew threw a 29-yard pass to Smith and the Wylde Wolves got +1.16 points while I got +3.4 points. The Saints somehow struggled past the first quarter and most of New Orleans scores came on the ground leaving Breesy with only 16.48 points in the loss and 11.10 for me and T-Smith which meant I won by almost 16 points.

But I clearly can't count on Dak Prescott putting up 40+ points per game which means those holes left by Sutton and especially Barkley are gonna be TOUGH to fill. This may be may last win for a while, unless everybody else starts losing two of their top picks for the season (which would be ugly).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

See that? If I played the angry men this week, I'd be in here whining about how I shoulda started the Green Bay defense. Fantasy is crazy.
Yeah, the random opponent aspect of fantasy football's kinda silly sometimes. And by sometimes I mean most of the time. It'd make more sense if the two teams "interacted" in some way by competing in categories, but once you reduce everything to points it makes a lot less sense.

There are tweaks to this stuff, like the top half of the league each week in points gets a win, or you play normally all year but the final playoff spot always goes to the remaining team with the most points, stuff like that.

And McCaffrey out for at least a few weeks.
Remember to describe my team as "resilient" when you're previewing my fifth straight MOFO Bowl appearance at the end of the season.

It's impossible to replace McCaffrey's production, so in order to remain competitive these next few weeks, I'm going to need the rest of my team to perform well while I field my optimum line-up each week (which I've yet to do so far this season, though it's yet to bite me in the ass). I feel very fortunate to be 2-0 right now. Otherwise I'd be in full panic mode. The Panthers placed McCaffrey on IR today, so that's at least three games he'll miss. Hopefully his absence doesn't extend beyond that. Obviously the longer he's out of my line-up, the harder it'll be for me to survive.

Some difficult start/sit decisions for me to make this week. Right now I've got Dobbins in my line-up, but it won't take much talk from SF of Jeff Wilson getting a healthy dose of carries to sway my opinion. Mostert and Coleman are going to be out for awhile, and McKinnon isn't built to carry a heavy load, so hopefully Wilson can be my temporary savior. Dobbins is bursting with potential, but the Ravens aren't yet giving him the ball enough to make me feel comfortable starting him.

Not sure if I'm going to stick with Fuller in my FLEX this week either. He had a productive week one, but completely disappeared last week with zero targets. Now he faces a very tough Steelers defense. If I don't start him, I'm sure he'll finish with 120 yards and 2 TDs, but I'm contemplating starting both my TEs this week since they each have exploitable matchups and higher floors than Fuller. Decisions, decisions . . .

Remember to describe my team as "resilient" when you're previewing my fifth straight MOFO Bowl appearance at the end of the season.
Will do.

It's impossible to replace McCaffrey's production, so in order to remain competitive these next few weeks, I'm going to need the rest of my team to perform well while I field my optimum line-up each week (which I've yet to do so far this season, though it's yet to bite me in the ass). I feel very fortunate to be 2-0 right now. Otherwise I'd be in full panic mode.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. My initial reaction in week 1 was "c'mon guys, can't give Spaulding any easy wins!" And then after the injury I realized it was huge because that win gives you a lot of margin to maybe just wait this out, whereas at 1-1 or 0-2 that might not be an option.

Some difficult start/sit decisions for me to make this week. Right now I've got Dobbins in my line-up, but it won't take much talk from SF of Jeff Wilson getting a healthy dose of carries to sway my opinion. Mostert and Coleman are going to be out for awhile, and McKinnon isn't built to carry a heavy load, so hopefully Wilson can be my temporary savior. Dobbins is bursting with potential, but the Ravens aren't yet giving him the ball enough to make me feel comfortable starting him.

Not sure if I'm going to stick with Fuller in my FLEX this week either. He had a productive week one, but completely disappeared last week with zero targets. Now he faces a very tough Steelers defense. If I don't start him, I'm sure he'll finish with 120 yards and 2 TDs, but I'm contemplating starting both my TEs this week since they each have exploitable matchups and higher floors than Fuller. Decisions, decisions . . .
Yeah, tough calls all. Your routes to victory, like, double, if Waller doesn't play or is limited, too.

Don't worry, though, every time I play someone with a dart throw RB they score a touchdown. No, don't verify this, just let me wallow in my confirmation bias.

Should be an interesting week. Will there be more injuries to top ranked players? I hope not, but the pattern is starting to play out that way.

Looks like Tongo might be a tough match for me this week, but I am hoping for a big game from Ridley and L. Jackson. Jackson at home on Monday night trying to prove something makes for what I hope is a great game.

Oy, Spaulding's scramble McCaffrey replacement puts up McCaffrey numbers anyway, and Waller plays but does nothing (and Ebron, who I'd have played in his place, throws up 13).

Let the night air cool you off
DK Metcalf not finishing the play and having the ball punched out before he crosses the goal line on a straight bomb was a nasty 8 point swing.

I had a great week but it came at a high cost. Russell Gage in my Flex got a concussion and Chris Godwin got a hamstring strain. My week 4 matchup against Holden isnt looking good.

I had a great week but it came at a high cost. Russell Gage in my Flex got a concussion and Chris Godwin got a hamstring strain. My week 4 matchup against Holden isnt looking good.
Oh Jackson and Ingram along with Cook are going to net me 125 points, have no doubt.