Best hound of baskerville adaptation

Tools    

Yeah, you can't place that kind of limit on people replying, and if you do, you don't need to bump the thread, because the lack of replies will be entirely explicable.

Yeah, you can't place that kind of limit on people replying, and if you do, you don't need to bump the thread, because the lack of replies will be entirely explicable.
I changed the criteria..so that should help.

I'm partial to the '39 version, with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, which was the first of their 14 films together.

There's something about the '30s black & white style --especially with mysteries-- that has an other-worldly appeal for me.

It was co-produced by Daryl F. Zanuck at Fox.

I'm partial to the '39 version, with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, which was the first of their 14 films together.

There's something about the '30s black & white style --especially with mysteries-- that has an other-worldly appeal for me.

It was co-produced by Daryl F. Zanuck at Fox.
yeah, there is something weirdly off putting about the one's from 80s and 90s because they have such glossy look and feel which is antithetical to the story.

I also enjoyed the 1939 version, but haven't seen all others to compare.
have you seen the baskerville segment from sherlock bbc show ? i just saw 4 seconds of it on youtube but didn't follow through because that show never felt like it could pull off gloomy and creepy vibes needed for that story.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
have you seen the baskerville segment from sherlock bbc show ? i just saw 4 seconds of it on youtube but didn't follow through because that show never felt like it could pull off gloomy and creepy vibes needed for that story.
Yes, I watched that. Like everything else in the Sherlock show it takes the original story as a loose base and goes off on a tangent. It wasn't the best episode, but enjoyable for another take on the story. I also once saw a really good comedy play version of Hound of the Baskervilles, again no gloomy or creepy vibes but a lot of fun.

My favorite is the one with Peter Cushing the hound of the Baskervilles 1959.

Yes, I watched that. Like everything else in the Sherlock show it takes the original story as a loose base and goes off on a tangent. It wasn't the best episode, but enjoyable for another take on the story. I also once saw a really good comedy play version of Hound of the Baskervilles, again no gloomy or creepy vibes but a lot of fun.
I personally thought that episode was kind of a let-down. Then again, after the first season I never felt like the show was that great (which hurts because I really like the people involved).

I enjoyed the 30s and 50s versions of the story.

I'll also throw out the 1988 Jeremy Brett version. He's my favorite Holmes (admittedly partly for nostalgic reasons).

I personally thought that episode was kind of a let-down. Then again, after the first season I never felt like the show was that great (which hurts because I really like the people involved).

I enjoyed the 30s and 50s versions of the story.

I'll also throw out the 1988 Jeremy Brett version. He's my favorite Holmes (admittedly partly for nostalgic reasons).
Agree Brett was the best.