Olivia D'Havilland (1916-2020)

Tools    

just watched her in robin hood yesterday and remarked to a few people how insane it is that she's still alive. great actress, rip. with that said, it is extremely funny to me that people who regularly complain about "snowflakes" are so offended by someone merely implying in an offhand remark that supporting the blacklist was a bad thing to do lol. so much for free speech!
criticker

"Walking through life with you, ma'am, has been a very gracious thing".

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
She was one of the great ones, and she was in so many wonderful movies. It's such a shame, but at least she lived a long life.

R.I.P.

Just heard of this sad news. Wonderful actress from a golden age. Goodnight sweet angel.

Rest in peace.

I have to confess that outside of Gone with the Wind, I'm really not familiar with her work, but I do know that she is a two time Oscar winning movie icon who made an indelible impact on this industry. It's so amazing that she lived to 104...unbelievable. I will start checking out some of her work.

I have to confess that outside of Gone with the Wind, I'm really not familiar with her work, but I do know that she is a two time Oscar winning movie icon who made an indelible impact on this industry. It's so amazing that she lived to 104...unbelievable. I will start checking out some of her work.
She made some with Bette Davis who she was good friends with...Here's a list of what I think is her most note worthy movies that I think you might like. Many of them are the types of movies you watch.

1977 Airport '77
1964 Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
1955 Not as a Stranger
1949 The Heiress
1948 The Snake Pit
1943 Thank Your Lucky Stars
1942 In This Our Life
1942 The Male Animal
1941 Hold Back the Dawn
1941 The Strawberry Blonde
1939 Gone with the Wind
1939 The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex
1938 Four's a Crowd
1938 The Adventures of Robin Hood
1937 It's Love I'm After
1935 Captain Blood
1935 A Midsummer Night's Dream

Oh wait a minute...there's one movie you listed there I have seen...I have seen It's Love I'm After...I think I even reviewed it in my thread. Very funny movie.

Oh wait a minute...there's one movie you listed there I have seen...I have seen It's Love I'm After...I think I even reviewed it in my thread. Very funny movie.
a couple of those are Bette Davis films. I'm surprised you haven't seen Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte it pairs well with What Ever Happened to Baby Jane.

Ohh.. with as many old movies as you've watched, you must have seen both her and her sister, Joan Fontaine, in a number of movies. You've probably just forgotten.