What are some great, overlooked, slow burn horror/thrillers?

Tools    

I'm looking for something that starts out innocuous enough, but then progressively ups the creep factor and intensity to breathless heights by the end. I'm sure I've probably seen them all at this point, but any suggestions or your personal favorites would be greatly appreciated.

Some of my favorites include;
Audition
Cure
The Vanishing
Rosemary's Baby
Beyond The Hills (not really horror or thriller, but still very atmospheric and I love the way it builds.)
The Exorcist
Alien (both obvious choices)
Manhunter
Repulsion
Eraserhead
Entrance
The Blair Witch Project
Don't Look Now

what am I missing?
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

There's a bear in my oatmeal
The Sacrament and The Devils ('71) spring to mind. Both slowly creep tor really eerie, unsettling endings.

Also, while it's certainly not horror and only borderline thriller, Melancholia does a terrific job of building the atmosphere to unbearable levels by the climax. It's one of the few occasions where I've genuinely been speechless as the credits roll...

Absentia.
The Bunny Game.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Invaders from Mars

The Haunting

The Innocents

The Other

The Others

The Sixth Sense

Cat People

Carnival of Souls

Jacob's Ladder

Duel

Psycho

City of the Dead (1960)

Dead of Night

Portrait of Jenny

Seconds

House of Mystery (1961)

Le Corbeau

The Exterminating Angel

The Stepford Wives (1975)
Wait Until Dark
Knife in the Water
The Tenant
Onibaba
Play Misty for Me
And anything by Hitchcock

The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007) - John Erick Dowdle

Trick 'r Treat (2007) - Michael Dougherty

The Stepford Wives (1975)
Wait Until Dark
Knife in the Water
The Tenant
Onibaba
Play Misty for Me
And anything by Hitchcock
Have seen all of these, save for THE TENANT, which I should probably get to since I loved Repulsion and Rosemary's Baby, and isn't this the third in his "apartment trilogy"? Also, I believe he filmed this after Tate's death, if I recall correctly.

The Sacrament and The Devils ('71) spring to mind. Both slowly creep tor really eerie, unsettling endings.

Also, while it's certainly not horror and only borderline thriller, Melancholia does a terrific job of building the atmosphere to unbearable levels by the climax. It's one of the few occasions where I've genuinely been speechless as the credits roll...
Oh yes, The Sacrament, or basically Jonestown. I hated the inclusion of the wraparound Vice documentary as it sort of robbed the film of some of its tension. West is great at slow build, though. Forgot about The House Of The Devil, The Innkeepers, and Triggerman.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007) - John Erick Dowdle

Trick 'r Treat (2007) - Michael Dougherty
Love Trick 'r Treat.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is definitely flawed, but the actual tapes are chilling, and the implications of the ending even more so. If you can get past the amateurish acting and writing in between the creepy bits, it's definitely worth a watch. The police car scene... ugh.

I have to return some videotapes...
The Others starring Nicole Kidman is very good at building suspense, but it has a pretty weak ending so just a warning if you haven't seen it. I think if your looking for a quick suspense thrill though, I know it's not a movie, but the Twilight Zone has a ton of episodes that are filled with suspense.