Rocky Vs. Rambo: Which is the Better Series?

Tools    

Both series started very strong and finished weak. But I'll say Rocky.

In the first Rocky movie, the boxing is just the gimmick the movie offers, but it's really a romance from the guy's point of view, which is nice. Adrian's situation, before Rocky came along kind of kept her down, boxed-in really. But when she finally lets Rocky "seduce" her, she comes out of her shell and becomes a fully-realized person, after that. And it's done in a cool way. The rest of the Rocky movies are all about Stallion and it was smart to do that. Sly wasn't going to get to have that again, he had to put the focus back on Rocky. The Rambo pictures are all about him, though, so as the sequels decline, it's actually kind of worse, because the very thing we're watching it for is what's making it inferior.

I agree with OP. Rocky has an inspirational side which Rambo clearly lacks.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Rocky. In Rambo are too much politics. But First blood - good movie.

The Rocky series by a mile, but my favorite single movie of the lot is First Blood.
Couldn't agree more. It's so good, I'm even tempted to rate Rambos higher. The best thing in it are the surroundings, all that nature and cold weather. And the music. you have those two things in every single Sly movie I saw.

Rambo III also has a nice feel to it.

Rocky. By far.

Rocky = Great
Rocky 2 was a good follow up
Rocky 3 was fun
Rocky 4 had elements of cheese but was still fun, also Apollo's death
Rocky 5 was a low point but still works to an extent
Rocky Balboa is on a par with the first two movies

Success = 5/6

First Blood is absolute class
First Blood Part 2 wasn't bad, but wasn't good
Rambo 3 was just awful
Rambo is on par with the first movie

Success = 2/4

I've just watched the first 3 Rambo movies for the first time. I like them, but I think the Rocky series is better.
Well I would say Rambo as what I've seen of the Rocky series hasn't been that great. First Blood was a good film I thought and didn't go in for the over-the-top stuff in the second and third films. Then, I thought Rambo, or John Rambo, was excellent despite a pretty bad script and some dodgy editing choices. Just the sheer brutality of it was something to behold, and like the original it put its message across very plainly.