Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The Scar (1948)
Starring Paul Henreid & Joan Bennett

I've seen this, before, many times. It's also known, occasionally by the title of Hollow Triumph - don't ask me why. This isn't a review of it, at all, though I will say that this Film Noir is very effective. Oddly, the scar to which the title refers is actually the weakest aspect of the script. But the movie's otherwise well-written and very well-directed. Fans of old movies will know Henreid as Victor Laszlo from Casablanca, where he was easily outshined by Bogart and Bergman. But here, he's the star ... and yet ... the movie doesn't suffer from it, thankfully. It's hard to tell, really, but I think he actually gave a better performance in The Scar ... but ... I can't be sure.

The Owl and the Pussycat (1970)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Finished here. It's been fun.

La Terra Trema

Finally checking out this Visconti flick. Been meaning to view it for quite some time now.

The Chaser (2008) - Hong-jin Na

- Another Korean flick tonight

Evel Knievel (2004)

The balls, the showmanship of the man are all dramatized in this TV movie (!!!). A lot of Human drama in this one, as well and I'm looking forward to it.

I have just literally finished watching the sequel to "Maze runner". scorch trials!.... Didnt like it!

I liked the first Maze runner but this one, really had no sense why the bloody hell they put the kids through the mazes in the first place!!!

Can someone explain the reason to me please (its nothing to do with the 8 pints I had)

anybody, why did they put the kids through the stupid maze?????

I'm not old, you're just 12.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) - classic 50's sci-fi about a man from an unnamed planet who comes to earth to warn us about the dangers of nuclear weapons. A strange flick indeed, the idea that the only way to insure peace is to threaten global annihilation is an unnerving one, and the "Klaatu as space Jesus" metaphor is clever and subversive for a film made in such a conservative era.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/