George H.W. Bush, 41st President, Dies at 94

Tools    

He was a good President . Unlike his son who destroyed the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein and left the middle East a complete mess , he was smart enough to allow Saddam to continue to rule in Baghdad after liberating Kuwait .

Also he presided over the US victory in the cold war and saw the destruction of the Soviet union . Unfortunately he could not win a second election .

He was a good president (for the reasons ashdoc stated above) Although, have to preface that by stating not one without faults (as goes for every man in office.)

This year, W. lost his mother. And yesterday, he lost his father.

Our good will, thoughts, hopes, and prayers should fall on that group of siblings. Their grief must be unimaginable. This was bound to happen eventually. A huge shame to see such a wonderful man go.

Rest in peace. 🇺🇸
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Bush Sr, was a good person in my book. I didn't always like his politics but I thought he was a decent person and sincere. That letter that Loner posted shows Bush Sr's humanity and kindness. I seriously doubt the current president would write such a kind letter to an incoming President.