The Movie Forums Top 100 Comedies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Weren't you hosting it? and have you talked to Yoda about when to start the preliminary thread?
Either way, also fine with co-hosting duties to help satiate the curiosity.

We'll sort all that out in the coming weeks as we figure out what's next and when and all that.
He wrote this a couple weeks ago, so I'm guessing I'll hear back once the final decision is made. I'm cool with hosting it though.

Sorry for the delays! I have a reminder on this that keeps popping up but it's been a really busy couple of months.

I'm going to try to post the next thread on this by Wednesday. The process is usually that we vote on the next one (even if it's often a foregone conclusion) and figure out the host/curator once we know what that is, but if you're raging to go regardless of what kind of list it is, and you and Miss Vicky (IIRC) work out how you wanna handle it/if you wanna do it together, I'm totally fine with that!

Sorry for the delays! I have a reminder on this that keeps popping up but it's been a really busy couple of months.

I'm going to try to post the next thread on this by Wednesday. The process is usually that we vote on the next one (even if it's often a foregone conclusion) and figure out the host/curator once we know what that is, but if you're raging to go regardless of what kind of list it is, and you and Miss Vicky (IIRC) work out how you wanna handle it/if you wanna do it together, I'm totally fine with that!
I'd prefer to host on my own rather than cohost, personally. Since Miss Vicky technically asked first, I'm cool with her hosting the next countdown if she still wants to.

Whenever possible I like to avoid choosing people. I'd be more inclined to flip a coin than try to make any judgment that anyone might feel as indicative of their ability or favor or standing in the community or anything like that. So I'd strongly prefer you guys talk it out and try to figure it out and all that. But if you both want to do it, I mean it, I really will end up flipping a coin.

If Speling wants it, I'm perfectly happy with him doing it solo. I don't work well with others anyway.

Also:
I wouldn't mind taking the reins on it, assuming there isn't someone new who wants the job.
Speling hasn't hosted before and I think it's best to have new blood whenever possible. I might offer to host another one, but it would really depend on the subject.

Cool.

You did mention being curious, and since you were good enough to host one prior I'd at least be willing to sate your curiosity and let you have a look at the behind the scenes stuff, if you'd like.

Cool.

You did mention being curious, and since you were good enough to host one prior I'd at least be willing to sate your curiosity and let you have a look at the behind the scenes stuff, if you'd like.
I'll take you up on that.

Just a thought while in between beers, Has there been a countdown of top 50 (100 is too much) tasteless films?
We tried that but ********* hasn't made that many films yet

Will we get the full list as well?
Maybe? I was planning on it, but I also wonder about revealing everything. Maybe 101-200? Also just less work dumping fewer into the spreadsheet and cleaning it up.

Also, at this point you guys might wanna consider which thing you want to take priority, since anything I do with this list is me not working on the next one, which people are usually really anxious to get going, etc. I'm pretty bottlenecked at the moment.

Maybe? I was planning on it, but I also wonder about revealing everything. Maybe 101-200? Also just less work dumping fewer into the spreadsheet and cleaning it up.

Also, at this point you guys might wanna consider which thing you want to take priority, since anything I do with this list is me not working on the next one, which people are usually really anxious to get going, etc. I'm pretty bottlenecked at the moment.
Personally, I'm cool with simply moving onto the next list.

Myself, I prefer moving on and starting the next countdown.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

In that case, screw anything with comedy and prioritize next list lol.

Diehl40 already gave us a list which was a list of movies that didn't make the countdown 101 to 120, I think that's plenty and it's time to move on to the next list.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Just a thought while in between beers, Has there been a countdown of top 50 (100 is too much) tasteless films?

Movies are a visual/audio/vibrating-chair/water-being-sprayed-in-the-face medium. Very few activate your sense of taste. At least so far. Maybe that'll be the 5x experience.