26th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I've already flipped-flopped on my nom choice for the 27th more times than I can count I'm not sure what criteria I should be using to choose my next nom? How do you all choose an HoF nom?

Well I sure did catch a lot of heat for blind-picking that one time so that move is out lol. I might catch some heat for my reasoning on the next one too but the important thing for me is just picking something I feel like watching in the moment.

Well I sure did catch a lot of heat for blind-picking that one time so that move is out lol...
Some of us have blind picked before, I have but only in genre HoFs and not in the main HoFs.

I might catch some heat for my reasoning on the next one too but the important thing for me is just picking something I feel like watching in the moment.
I do that too, there's movies that I think would be great for the next HoF but if I just seen them I don't care to rewatch them so choose something else.

I've already flipped-flopped on my nom choice for the 27th more times than I can count I'm not sure what criteria I should be using to choose my next nom? How do you all choose an HoF nom?
I pick one of my all time favourites that I think people will like.

How do you all choose an HoF nom?
I didn't participate in this HoF, but I'm answering anyway.

Besides picking something I like and that I think you'll all like, obviously, I go through your profiles on this forum, Letterboxd diaries, etc. to check if you've already seen it. What makes the process of narrowing down the choice to one movie equally difficult and fun is doing all of the above without playing it safe. In other words, I'd like to potentially surprise you with my pick, for it be outside of your comfort zones, to generate good discussion, etc.

I didn't participate in this HoF, but I'm answering anyway.

Besides picking something I like and that I think you'll all like, obviously, I go through your profiles on this forum, Letterboxd diaries, etc. to check if you've already seen it. What makes the process of narrowing down the choice to one movie equally difficult and fun is doing all of the above without playing it safe. In other words, I'd like to potentially surprise you with my pick, for it be outside of your comfort zones, to generate good discussion, etc.
I like that you do leg work as they say, it's a good way to pick a nom. I've done that sometimes, mostly I did that for the Personal Recommendation HoFs, where I tried hard as hell to select films that people would like based on my research. The thing that make it's challenging here is people have such a varied range of taste and I only get one shot at it.

BTW, I hope you'll join the 27th HoF! Should be great fun

I like that you do leg work as they say, it's a good way to pick a nom. I've done that sometimes, mostly I did that for the Personal Recommendation HoFs, where I tried hard as hell to select films that people would like based on my research. The thing that make it's challenging here is people have such a varied range of taste and I only get one shot at it.

BTW, I hope you'll join the 27th HoF! Should be great fun
Even if my pick is Themroc 2: The Brick Stops Here?
Just kidding. I hope to be able to join as well.

I'm not sure what my next nomination will be. I have a few films in mind, but I'm not sure if I want to go for them or something else.

I forgot the opening line.
I decided on my next nomination quite a while ago - it's a big one I'm pretty sure everyone will have seen at some point, but I can see myself flip-flopping, nominating a really obscure favourite that most people haven't seen, then a really well-known film I love that I think deserves to be on the Hall of Fame.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I decided on my next nomination quite a while ago - it's a big one I'm pretty sure everyone will have seen at some point, but I can see myself flip-flopping, nominating a really obscure favourite that most people haven't seen, then a really well-known film I love that I think deserves to be on the Hall of Fame.
I hear ya bro, both ways of going are equally good. The only thing I can add is sometimes films that we might think everyone has seen, they haven't or haven't in a long time. I only seen The Godfather recently and because it was an HoF nom. It didn't win though.

I forgot the opening line.
I hear ya bro, both ways of going are equally good. The only thing I can add is sometimes films that we might think everyone has seen, they haven't or haven't in a long time. I only seen The Godfather recently and because it was an HoF nom. It didn't win though.
It'd be really good if people haven't seen my nomination for the 27th for a long time. I'd love for everyone to come in and watch it fresh - I've been meaning to give all the previous ones a good look to see if it's been nominated before, and if so, how long that's been. I'm actually pretty interested in giving some of the previous Hall of Fame threads a read. Based on some of the winners they must have been a heap of fun and pretty informative.

@Allaby
Your nomination from the 26th HoF, The Wizard of Oz has been added to MoFo's Movie Hall of Fame!

Hooray! Instead of putting the picture of the movie, you should put the picture of the person who nominated the movie.

It'd be really good if people haven't seen my nomination for the 27th for a long time. I'd love for everyone to come in and watch it fresh - I've been meaning to give all the previous ones a good look to see if it's been nominated before, and if so, how long that's been.
You can go here for a complete list of all the movies that have been nominated in past Main HoFs
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...90#post1836290

and here for the list of Specialty HoF movie noms
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...91#post1836291

I'm actually pretty interested in giving some of the previous Hall of Fame threads a read. Based on some of the winners they must have been a heap of fun and pretty informative.
I've done that and it's very interesting how the HoFs evolved and changed.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
@Allaby
Your nomination from the 26th HoF, The Wizard of Oz has been added to MoFo's Movie Hall of Fame!

Last 4 winners have been crazy legit. It's been awhile since we've had an "underdog" winner