What Are You Reading Right Now?

Tools    

I had to read parts of Don Quixote for one of my classes and ended up picking it up later and reading the whole thing. It did take me over a month to finish but was well worth it.

Well, the Epic Collections are fairly new (within the last few years), but what they're intended to do is ultimately reprint certain titles in their entirety.

The big difference from former affordable reprints like the "Essentials" (which were all in black & white) is these are in full color.
Before this, many comprehensive collections of major titles in full color (from both Marvel & DC) were often collected in hard cover versions and they cost a fortune (such as the DC's "Archive" editions or the "Marvel Masterworks" series. Or the "Omnibus" editions - which cost into the hundreds of dollars and are not "light" reading as they are these huge books - so big you pretty much have to read them on a table.)

But the weird thing is Marvel is not releasing the Epic Collection volumes in order - for instance they've released Fantastic Four volume 1, collecting the first 18 issues of FF starting in 1961. And they've released volumes 17, 20 & 25!
But they haven't released volume 2 - and to make matters worse, no one knows when they might (or if they ever will). Personally, I don't want reprints from the 1990's (I pretty much had most of those when they came out and it's an era I'd rather not revisit), but I do want to read the stuff that came out before I started collecting. So I wish they'd release them chronologically.

Some of their releases seemed timed to movie events - for instance they released an Ant Man Epic edition when that movie came out, and they released an Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 4 "Behold the Vision" (the volume that covers the creation of Ultron & the Vision) when Avengers Age of Ultron came out.
I didnt see the response from last week till now, sorry.

Yeah man Marvels releasing TPBs to coincide with whatever new marketing schemes they have for that quarter. Theyve been like this since they went public on the NYSE almost 20 years ago. If youre waiting for the TPBs to be released that are supposed to be next...truthfully it may never come.

Hey give the old B&W TPBs a go. I would, B&W is hugely underrated in comic books. ELFQUEST was one of the greatest stories Id ever read, and it was released in B&W. When they rereleased it in color, the art didnt look near as good. The B&W TPBs would probably be dirt cheap too.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

The newest issues of Horror Hound and Rue Morgue. My bookstore stopped carrying Fangoria apparently, so now I only have 2 horror magazines a month worth reading

Young Winstone by Ray Winstone. Very good, with a lot of social history.

Master of My Domain
The Sound and the Fury. I'm trying so hard to like it. I really am.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Dylan Dog

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The Sound and the Fury. I'm trying so hard to like it. I really am.
That's a difficult read, Gatsby. I remember the first go-around with that book was a fairly frustrating experience, but the second time I started to get exactly how good it is.

I'm currently reading We were the Mulvaneys~Joyce Carol Oats. I'm more than halfway through and less than thrilled with it. I feel like I don't really know any of the characters more than on just a surface level and I'm not in love with Oates's style. It's not bad, just wish I was more invested.

Master of My Domain
That's a difficult read, Gatsby. I remember the first go-around with that book was a fairly frustrating experience, but the second time I started to get exactly how good it is.
Well, I'm currently reading the third part, and I admit that the book is getting better and better as I go through it. I'm finally getting some explanations, which is great because the first 50 pages were unbearable.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Well, I'm currently reading the third part, and I admit that the book is getting better and better as I go through it. I'm finally getting some explanations, which is great because the first 50 pages were unbearable.
Yup. It's like jumping into the middle of a movie with a complicated plot and having to figure it out quickly. I'm still not sure if I understand the point of writing that way and if we were introduced to the characters in a more traditional way if it have made a big difference.

How long does it go before you reread a book? I'm asking because I'm always curious about people's reading habits. I myself hardly ever reread - I often have an idea that I would like to, just doesn't get it done. Also in this case with a book that has made me frustrated I would hardly want to read it again, but in your case it sounds like it was really worth it.