Celebrities/Actors you hate irrationally

Tools    

Sounds like this: Originally Posted by Yoda
Absent specifics my null hypothesis for these kinds of situations is that maybe they remind us of a type of person we don't like, IE: some young guy actor feels like a "frat boy" type

Good call. I find that thought more interesting than people just posting actors they hate. I'm curious as to the psychological reasons why someone hates an actor? Though I know it's hard for people to be honest with themselves as it's easier to say I hate them just because.

Anyone want to delve into a deep self probing analyses of why you hate an actor?

*Barring the actors who in real life have done irresponsible/illegal/unethical things, it's a giving why people would hate those actors.

I second this.

What about:

Brendan Fraser
Owen Wilson
Vince Vaughn
...ugh...
Don't mind Brendan Frasier

Don't really care for the other two. But definitely can't stand Cooper

Can't stand this guy:

JB Smoove is a dreadful actor, I don't know how he continues to get work.

Or this guy:

First noticed Robert Clohessy on Oz playing a prison guard named Sean Murphy. He has spent the last twelve years on the CBS series Blue Bloods, but I find him all kinds of annoying.

I only know JB Smoove from Curb Your Enthusiasm (back when I used to have HBO).
If you can get past the profanity (and let's face it - that's everyone on the whole show), I think he plays off Larry David well.

I don't know him from anything else except recent commercials.

But I do understand... I used to feel the same way about Martin Lawrence (and actually, I can't say Lawrence has done anything to make me feel differently except to become obscure so that I'm rarely reminded of him... except for seeing all the "Bad Boys" movies and its sequels playing on some station 24/7. But I shouldn't judge since the only "Bad Boys" movie I've ever seen was the cool one with Sean Penn!)

Brie Larson because she hates men lol
Brie Larsen is annoyingly smug and self-righteous but I don't think she hates men. Of course that is just a guess on my part.

Denzel Washington. Not as a person, as I cannot know what kind of a person he is. I just can't stand his actorship.

The truth is in here
Leelee Sobieski - From the little I've seen I don't like her. She's the worst part of both The Wicker Man and especially 88 Minutes, where she's straining so hard to sound threatening that it's embarrassing. She was fine in Eyes Wide Shut though.

Iris Apatow - I only remember her role in The Bubble despite seeing multiple Judd Apatow movies. And good God, she was so bad in it every moment made me cringe. Please never cast your daughter again, Judd.

Jussie Smollet - Actually haven't seen him in a single thing, but find his personality completely despicable. The stunt he pulled might be one of the lowest things you can do.

Amber Heard - Good God...

Most of the time however I might like someone in movies, just not their real-life personality:

Scott Baio - Bugsy Malone is one of my favorite movies, and despite his character in Happy Days being fairly annoying I don't think he's a bad actor. But please, for the love of God spare yourself the time of looking him up.

Kevin Spacey - I don't think this one needs too much explanation.

James Franco - Don't really understand how he still gets work, but I've liked all I've seen him in at least.

Seth Rogen - Starting to grate on my nerves a little, but wouldn't say I "hate" him. It's not like he's done anything horrifically bad, just find that he's become a bit pretentious. He's still one of my favorite comedic actors working today.

Jon Voight - I love his performances in 24 and Midnight Cowboy.

Mel Gibson - Excellent actor, wouldn't have a coffee with him.

Leelee Sobieski - From the little I've seen I don't like her. She's the worst part of both The Wicker Man and especially 88 Minutes, where she's straining so hard to sound threatening that it's embarrassing. She was fine in Eyes Wide Shut though.

Iris Apatow - I only remember her role in The Bubble despite seeing multiple Judd Apatow movies. And good God, she was so bad in it every moment made me cringe. Please never cast your daughter again, Judd.

Jussie Smollet - Actually haven't seen him in a single thing, but find his personality completely despicable. The stunt he pulled might be one of the lowest things you can do.

Amber Heard - Good God...

Most of the time however I might like someone in movies, just not their real-life personality:

Scott Baio - Bugsy Malone is one of my favorite movies, and despite his character in Happy Days being fairly annoying I don't think he's a bad actor. But please, for the love of God spare yourself the time of looking him up.

Kevin Spacey - I don't think this one needs too much explanation.

James Franco - Don't really understand how he still gets work, but I've liked all I've seen him in at least.

Seth Rogen - Starting to grate on my nerves a little, but wouldn't say I "hate" him. It's not like he's done anything horrifically bad, just find that he's become a bit pretentious. He's still one of my favorite comedic actors working today.

Jon Voight - I love his performances in 24 and Midnight Cowboy.

Mel Gibson - Excellent actor, wouldn't have a coffee with him.
Iris Apatow is terrific in Euphoria.

Hate is a strong word. There are plenty I find annoying starting with Amber Heard. She proved it in a court of law though. Also Brie Larsen comes off as smug along with Whoopi Goldberg and Gwyneth Paltrow. I find Pete Davidson's stardom inexplicable as well. Plus he looks like walking hepatitis. Unfairly or not Olivia Wilde seems to generate controversy. There's something about Bradley Cooper as well. If Clooney was in more stuff he'd be a lot more annoying. And there's several whose politics I don't like but their worldview has either consigned them to the sidelines or is rooted in some kind of resentment over not getting any work.

Hate is a strong word. There are plenty I find annoying starting with Amber Heard. She proved it in a court of law though. Also Brie Larsen comes off as smug along with Whoopi Goldberg and Gwyneth Paltrow. I find Pete Davidson's stardom inexplicable as well. Plus he looks like walking hepatitis. Unfairly or not Olivia Wilde seems to generate controversy. There's something about Bradley Cooper as well. If Clooney was in more stuff he'd be a lot more annoying. And there's several whose politics I don't like but their worldview has either consigned them to the sidelines or is rooted in some kind of resentment over not getting any work.
Brie Larsen has a YouTube channel & she’s not in the least “smug”. Very down-to earth & relatable.

Davidson does have a health condition, which, I suppose, he can’t help.

If anyone generates controversy, it’s Wilde’s ex who served her with custody papers when she was on stage.

I don't care much for Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Jason Leigh
And you hate Bradley Cooper. Now I know how to torture you. I'll just play Silver Linings Playbook over and over again. Muwahahahah!

And you hate Bradley Cooper. Now I know how to torture you. I'll just play Silver Linings Playbook over and over again. Muwahahahah!
My sister threatened me with that.

He looks like a proboscis monkey to me.

I love Susanne Bier as a director but her movie Serena killed me. F**king Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. It was pure torture.

My sister threatened me with that.

He looks like a proboscis monkey to me.

I love Susanne Bier as a director but her movie Serena killed me. F**king Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. It was pure torture.
I forgot about Serena. I never saw it. It got a lot of bad press.

I forgot about Serena. I never saw it. It got a lot of bad press.
I love Susanne's other movies. I love Danish cinema.

...I love Susanne Bier as a director but her movie Serena killed me. F**king Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. It was pure torture.
I like Jennifer Lawrence OK, but hell yes Serena sucked! I reviewed it and said this:

Wow, this movie blew! If your a fanboy of Jennifer Lawrence you might like it as she's in most every scene and all dolled up with a streak of nasty too. She's not bad in the role either it's just that the story is lame. No wonder this has a low IMDB rating of 5.4. If you don't have a Jennifer Lawrence crush don't bother with it. The only good thing I can say about is it's only 109 minutes long, but those 109 minutes crawl.

My rating