Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I feel like the only person who loves The Revenant. That might be perception though, I don’t know how divisive it actually is.
I loved it but for some reason it hasn't left a lasting impression. Maybe it's one I should watch again.

Now that's divisive.

I'm not sure I know anyone who loves it. I know a few people who are like "Yeah, it was alright" and a few people who hate it.

I thought it was kind of a let down.

Now that's divisive.

I'm not sure I know anyone who loves it. I know a few people who are like "Yeah, it was alright" and a few people who hate it.

I thought it was kind of a let down.
I enjoyed it quite a bit and rated it an 8/10. It won't make my ballot, but it is a good, underrated film, in my opinion.

What director do people think will have the most entries on the countdown? My guess would be Scorsese.
I’m not sure Silence makes it. It’s the one I will be voting for though. Reichardt gets 3?

What director do people think will have the most entries on the countdown? My guess would be Scorsese.
I don't think it's a lock he gets 2. Doesn't Tarantino have 3?

Maybe so but he ain't making my ballot. I've only seen three from the 2010s, Shutter Island, Hugo and Silence...all were good but I didn't love them. I haven't seen and don't want to watch The Wolf of Wall Street.

Quick glance feels like a few will get 2, but don’t see many three possibilities.

I kind of think both Phantom Thread and Inherent Vice are on the bubble.
I think Phantom Thread makes it, think it won a HoF. I didn't like Inherent Vice personally.

Maybe the dude who made Incendies and Arrival
Again feels like just Arrival and Blade Runner. Who knows though, 100 is a bunch of flicks.

Again feels like just Arrival and Blade Runner. Who knows though, 100 is a bunch of flicks.
Plus Prisoners, and Incendies and Sicario are the types that could make surprise appearances.

Nolan has a few possibilities

I feel like the only person who loves The Revenant. That might be perception though, I don’t know how divisive it actually is.
Oh yeah I forgot about The Revenant. A technically impressive film.