The 1st MoFo Movie Hall of Fame: Round 1

Tools    

Which Movie Most Deserves a Spot in the Hall of Fame?
5.97%
4 votes
City Lights (1931)
8.96%
6 votes
Duck Soup (1933)
34.33%
23 votes
Psycho (1960)
0%
0 votes
The Producers (1968)
4.48%
3 votes
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
0%
0 votes
The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)
2.99%
2 votes
RoboCop (1987)
2.99%
2 votes
Farewell My Concubine (1993)
7.46%
5 votes
American History X (1998)
19.40%
13 votes
The Big Lebowski (1998)
4.48%
3 votes
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
8.96%
6 votes
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
67 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
^^ JJ is taking second round votes already, ready for when this round finishes... I sent mine in a couple days ago.
Yeah, I sent mine in too. It would be nice if everyone finishes up early and we got to start early. Probably won't happen.

Just watched American History X and I liked it. I'm writing a short review about it in the near future.

Just because I'm curious: Teeter, what makes it your favorite movie of all time?

Just watched American History X and I liked it. I'm writing a short review about it in the near future.

Just because I'm curious: Teeter, what makes it your favorite movie of all time?
I love everything about it. There isn't any part in it where I go 'Now, why would they do that?' I do that with almost every other movie that I have ever watched.

Let the night air cool you off
Just saw The Purple Rose of Cairo. It was an enjoyable experience, but it probably won't be in my top 6. I liked it, but didn't love it.

I'm watching Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind tonight. I'll give my opinion about it after.

I also rewatched Psycho with my little sister several days ago (I like to show her some classic movies). She was completely mindblown!
I still love it, obviously, but I'm not sure where to put it on my list yet. We'll see.

I'm watching Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind tonight. I'll give my opinion about it after.
I liked this, by the way. It was really inventive and of very high quality!

I'll try to watch the last movie I havn't seen yet, which is Farewell My Concubine, this week. After that I just want to rewatch some of the others and then I'll be able to give my reliable top 5 of this list of great films!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm ready to send in my list. Can someone refresh me on the rules? It's top six, right? With you top movie first and the lowest ranked movie last?

Yep

EDIT: Went back and looked to see what the procedures were actually supposed to be like for this round so, here ya go:

VOTING PROCEDURES:

The selection of an inductee shall be decided over three rounds.

First Round:

12 Films. A PR vote in order from favourite to 6th favourite. Points to be awarded as such:

1st Choice: 10 Pts
2nd Choice: 8 Pts
3rd Choice: 6 Pts
4th Choice: 4 Pts
5th Choice: 2 Pts
6th Choice: 1 Pt

Please list all 12 films in preferential order.

Not everybody has listed all 12 films in order, and that is fine, but next round you'll have to send in new votes with the 6 remaining. Those that send in a full 12 ranked can just use the same order for the next round if they wanted, but you can change your order from round to round if you choose to do so.

Just finished my rewatch of City Lights. It's not as good as some of the other Chaplin features, but it's still heartwarming and has it's funny moments. It's not the LOL funny we have in the other comedies in this round, but none of those comedies are as touching as City Lights. It's a pretty good film, but honestly, I don't know if "pretty good" is good enough for Hall of Fame status. I would like to see The Kid and The Gold Rush in the HoF someday though.