Your Top 10 Favorite Video Games

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Adding another greatest game of all time!!

Freespace 2

The last of the great Sci-Fi space sims. Intense, engaging dogfights, compelling storyline delivered with clarity and conviction, Massive fleet-scale battles with dozens of small craft as well as enormous capital ships that would loom over your tiny craft as you zigged and zagged through the battle, and a brilliantly executed learning curve that started you off pointing and shooting, and worked up to commanding entire wings on multi-goal space missions. One of the few games published in 1999 that satill has a massive player base and a huge mod community. I spent many an hour in the Terran/Visudan Alliance, and I am not even that big of a fan of Sim games. I still have this game on my pc today....

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by OG-
It needs a pretty solid comp to play, not so much on the CPU front but heavily on the graphics front. I recently bought an ATI Radeon x800 XT All-In-Wonder and it runs BF2 with everything
Ahh this game rules. I definately need to fit battlefield 2 in there somewhere now. Probably just replace battlefield 1942 because it's an extremely enhanced version of it; medics, stingers, heli's, jets oooo I am lovin it!

In the Beginning...
I'm adding Shadow of the Colossus to my list (number 5, I guess - everything below it takes one step down). I just beat the game, and wow. This is definitely a humbling experience of a video game. The scale is phenomenal, and the realism impeccable. But the satisfaction you get from bringing down all these colossi (some more frustrating than others) is immeasurable.

Play this game.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1. Metal Gear Solid: Solid Snake

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

3. Call of Duty

4. Super Mario Brothers

5. Timesplitters 2

6. Crash Team Racing

7. Socom 2: US Navy Seals

8. NFL Blitz

9. HALO

10. Devil May Cry

*Note- Some games may be better, but I just had a lot longer play time with the others (GTA San Andreas>Vice City, Socom 3>Socom 2)

Suspect's Reviews

10 Tie. Super Metriod/Megaman X 1,2, & 3

9. Super Mario 64

8. Perfect Dark (best shooting game ever!)

7. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

6. Resident Evil 4 (wish i could buy the inf. rocket launcher)

5. Star Wars: Battlefront II

4. Metriod Prime 1~2

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee

2. Final Fantasy III

1. Animal Crossing

Female assassin extraordinaire.
ok, there's games I like to watch and support my friends through, and games I play myself.

the "watchers"
resident evil series
silent hill series

the "players"

grim fandango
Dude. Such quality, such depth, such style, such pinache, such dialogue, such scripting ... whew!
Something's rotten in the Land of Dead and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.

supermario bros 3 me and that raccoon suit man ...whirr, whirr, whirr!

final fantasy series (preference to #8)
This is where I got into console video gaming, actually. I liked that I could play a game for dozens of hours and milk it. However, after being inundated with Japanese RPGs, this is where I stop, now. I don't buy any other new ones with party systems, cutesy characters, and random fights while exploring maps ... my diet here is now solely FF, for nostalgic purposes.

the sims (bustin out/pc)
I am new to this world and was introduced via the PS2. Which got me onto the PC Sims 2, which is very addicting ...

Grand Theft Auto 3, San Andreas
I am so stuck on the helicopter section, but I was doing so good up til then! These were games that used to intimidate me but once you get the hang of em, maaannnn. The acting! The full immersion in a pretty realistic world! Woo! Contrary to someone else's post, i adore the soundtrack. Particularly the early nineties r&b ... "You need a maaan ... with ... sensiiitiiiivityyy ... a maaan like meee ..." (ahahaha, Ralph Tresvant!)

god of war
whoooweee. i tried shadow of the colussus, it can eat my shorts. i don't think it even comes close to god of war. the depth of story, the visuals, the physicals ... ehehehe. and man, that voice over! KRATOS!!!

baldur's gate pc/ps2
i'm a true rpg girl. i like brigandine, studded armor, chain mail, quivers of arrows and flails. i like trekking through the world switching weapons, stopping at taverns, selling my booty and powering up my spells and skills. the world of elves, dwarves, barbarian humans, spellcasters ... ahh, heaven. and baldur's gate has always handled it just the way mama likes it.

indigo prophecy
dude, this game was just too good. some issues with the controls but the cinematic involvement aspect ... hot d@mn!

thassit fer now ...

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Not in any order...

The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - PC
Mario 64 - N64
Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES
Heroes of Might and Magic II - PC
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - NES
Sonic..any of the old Sega ones - Sega
Bubsy The Bobcat - Sega
Warcraft III - PC
Doom, any of em - PC
Final Fantasy 7 - Play Station

Edit: Ah I forgot The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Mortal Kombat One and Two.

thought i would just transfer my top ten from another thread to this one.

10)
The Sims(PC)
Whole lotta depth into this very great and creative title. While living life in a game may sound boring it definitly isn't with having to raise children to worrying about a career this game and alot more is just great all around.
9)
Twisted Metal II(playstation)
imroves on the original in almost everyway. better graphics, better car, better stories and better controles also with the addition of co-op its just a blast to play and even with the last two awesome twisted metal games(Black and Head on) this will never get old.
8)
Super Mario World(Super Nintendo)
one of the first games I have memories of playing. my older brothers got Super Nintendo and this came with it and i had great memories of playing as both mario and luigi through this long fun and challenging classic game.
7)
Mortal Kombat II(Super Nintendo)
Just like super mario world, one of the first games ever played. And just like Twisted Metal II it improves on the original Mortal kombat in so many ways. more characters, moves and arenas. great for any fan of fighting games
6)
Grand Theft Auto III(Playstation 2)
I actually liked the old GTAs for playstation but i new they were just for fun and this series could never become great or classic. man was i wrong. GTA III completely changed the whole series. its was now 3rd with a cast of voice actors and a good story line and just fun to roam around the streets. while th enewer ones are more fun to play now they werent nearly as revolutionary as GTA III
5)
The first game to actually scare the crap outta me and basicly invented the horror survival game genre. with many sequels and a remake this is definitly the best
4)
Out of all the final fantasy's this one IMO had the best characters and story line. this was the first great RPG for the PS2 and really showed off the graphical capabilities for the PS2. very long and challenging but its worth it.
3)
With out a doubt the best film to game ever made. first great console shooter with both single and multi player which were a blast. while it looks inferior to the standards of todays console shooters it paved the way back in 1996 when it was first released
2)
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time(Nintendo 64)
This is one of the only games i think are truley perfect. We see link like we have never before. in full 3D with this lengthy intresting adventure. The story line is great filled with tons of humorous characters but also retains a serious side. the only thing is this seems like to be marketed to younger children but the difficulty is definitly not for younger kids.
1)
Not only the greatest stealth based game but IMO the greatest game ever. while some people say the first metal gear solid was better but this added what I think was a much better story line, and a change of main character. the gameplay is much more fun in this then was in the first. now you could look in first person view and alot more interactivity with the environments. some people complaine that there are too many cutscenes which take away from the gameplay however its just the opposite. the great story which is told in amazing cutscenes with superb graphics add you into the game and feel for the characters. I only wish you could control snake a little more than the first couple of scenes of the game.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Though I'm not enough of a gamer to make this type of list, here are some of the highlights of my life when it comes to games.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Kirby Super Star
Sonic The Hedgehog
Donkey Kong Country
Mystical Ninja
Final Fight III
Street Fighter II
The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past
Pokemon: Red and Blue
Mario Kart
Mortal Kombat
Tekken 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
NBA 2K3
NFL Blitz
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Smuggler's Run
Final Fantasy VII
Jak and Daxter

1. The Legend Of Zelda (all of them)

2. Resident Evil (all of them)

3. Legacy Of Kain (all of them)

4. Super Mario Brothers (all of them)

5. Final Fantasy 7

6. Castlevaina - Symphony of the night

7. Mortal Kombat (all of them)

8. Metriod (all of them)

9. Mega Man (all of them)

10.James Bond - Golden eye

The ones that say (all of them) I really can't pick one game from that series I liked better than the others.

I don't play many games, but I love this

Put me in your pocket...
Games I've played with my kids and have enjoyed...
Animal Crossing
Soul Calibur II
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong 64

Games my kids play that I sometimes watch and enjoy with them.
Tales of Symphonia (their current favorite)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker
Super Mario (insert whatever Party, or Paper version they have)

Adding another title:
Final Fantasy XII

This game is incredible, and I am totally addicted.

- No more random battles
- In game AI scripting
- THE best voice acting I have ever heard in a game
- Great score
- Immersive game world
- Skill system geared toward high replay value

Heroes of Might and Magic 4

Wanted to add another game to the ever-growing list. Someone had mentioned Heroes of Might and Magic III, which I agree was amazing at the time and offered a ridiculous amount of depth and playability. Heroes IV is oft-maligned as too much of a deviation from the original Heroes formula. Heroes were brought out onto the battlefield, the town system was completely changed, with a Magic:The Gathering style alignment wheel, and when the game shipped, it was rushed and the final product was marred with numerous bugs and some serious imbalances.

Years later, after five patches and a community built balance package called Equilibris, Heroes of Might and Magic IV is considered one of the finest Turn-Based Strategy games ever made, with a large user-base, as well as a fleet of mod/map makers constantly adding new content. For some reason, I find myself firing this game up time and time again. Lately, my Special Lady Friend(TM) and I have been chewing through hours and hours of play as we ally against wily AI opponents. We are both totally addicted to this classic TBS.

Projecting the image of success
1. Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PS1)
2. Bioshock (360)
3. Diablo (PC)
4. Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis)
5. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
6. God of War II (PS2)
7. Rainbow Six: Vegas (360)
8. Call of Duty IV (360)
9. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
10. Metal Gear Solid (All of them)

The People's Republic of Clogher
I just wanted to say that I am Elite...

Not Harmless or Mostly Harmless, not even Dangerous or Deadly.

I am Elite.

Well, I was 20 years ago, dunno about now. I sold my bike (and my Speccy 128), saved money like Scrooge on the discovery that his pension plan was worthless and begged my folks like a little whining git just so I could get an Atari ST on which to play Elite in all its glorious shaded polygon-ness.

It was all worth it, dammit! Did I ever mention that I was Elite?

Beware The Probe!
This is a tough one.
There have been so many videogames over the years I've really enjoyed playing.

Firstly, City of Heroes is the top of the list.
It's a mmorpg I've been hooked on for 4 years running now. Bought 3 accounts for it to satisfy my alt-a-holic tentacies.

They tend to blurr after that one but in no particular order:

From the newer stuff...
Gears of War
Timeshift
Blacksite: Area-51
Justice League Heroes

From the older stuff...
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron & Rogue Leader
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast & Jedi Acadamy
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Starfox
Eternal Darkness
Dino-Crisis 2
Fear Effect 2
007: Goldeneye

And from the really old stuff...
Space Invaders
Asteroids
Defender

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but these ones I remember spending the most time on.
(sometimes up to 24 hrs straight the first day after trying them)

Welcome to the human race...
This was a recent list of favourites I wrote for a blog. I know there are better games, but this is my most personal list as of a couple of weeks ago....

1. Deus Ex
2. Metal Gear Solid

3. Half-Life
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
5. Resident Evil 4

6. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
7. Perfect Dark
8. The Sims 2
9. Worms World Party
10. Metal Slug

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
OK so I cheated a little. I listed 10 but included other titles within a series when I really liked the series as a whole. Bold type indicates my favorite within that series.

10. Super Mario Bros. (Series)
a. Super Mario Bros. (NES)

b. Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
c. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

9. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PS2)

8. Oddworld (Series)
a. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee (PS)

b. Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus (PS)
c. Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee (XBOX)
d. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath (XBOX)

7. Final Fantasy (Series)
a. Final Fantasy V (PS)
b. Final Fantasy VII (PS)

c. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

6. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

5. Need For Speed (Series)
a. NFS High Stakes (PS)
b. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)
c. NFS Most Wanted (XBOX 360)

4. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (PC)

3. Descent (PS)

2. Tomb Raider (Series)
a. Tomb Raider (PS) (Extra special mention because it was the first console game I ever played.)

b. Tomb Raider 2 (PS)
c. Tomb Raider 3 (PS)
d. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PS2)
e. Tomb Raider: Legend (XBOX 360)

f. Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PS2)

1. Legacy of Kain (Series)
a. LoK Blood Omen (PS)
b. Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver (PS)
c. Legacy of Kain: Soul Rever 2 (PS2)

d. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (PS2)
e. Legacy of Kain: Defiance (PS2)