The official "I Hate Anime!!!" and "I Hate Fan Fiction!!!" Thread

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Yes, believe it or not, there are people out there who hate both of these things. I, for one, cannot stand anything to do with Anime. There's so much of it... AND THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH HAVE THE SAME STORYLINE!!! In one, there are fighting robots. In another, there are these chicks with super hero powers, these guys with mystical powers, so on and so forth. Who here hates this along with me? Huh, anyone? And Fan Fiction... I can't stand this stuff. Head on over to FanFiction.Net and read some of this stuff... I will admit that not all fan fiction is bad... some of it is good, it's just the stuff that people write about. Like, for one, there is a Bible fan fiction (Yeah, I know!) about Jesus and John the Baptist being Gay lovers... WTF???!!! And, of course, the inevitable Harry Potter explict sex tales where Harry and the Gang get in on with the teachers of Hogwarts... seriously, people who write this stuff really need to go out and get a life, along with a boy and/or girlfriend. Desperately.

So there you go! Now that you've seen my views on this crap, what do you guys think about it all?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
You need to go rent Spirited Away.

Also...you hate Anime, sorry (and I am by far no Anime elitist, infact I used to despise it and made fun of all my friends who liked it) but it seems like the only Anime you've seen is what is on Cartoon Network...so it isn't so much that you don't like Anime, it is more so that you don't like cartoons.

Want some real Anime, tv series wise, go rent Berserk or Hellsing.

The first thing that made me accepting of Anime was Ninja Scroll. Then I watched all of Berserk and was just flat out in awe. Berserk is a greater story than any animated show I've ever seen...it far exceeds many, many theatrical battle epics. It just ****ing rules. It is more badass than anything you'll ever see an American animated production company (there are very few to begin with) produce.

If you want to see why Anime is loved for the action of it, see Ninja Scroll. For the beauty of it, see Spirited Away. And for the simple badassness of it, see Berserk.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by OG-
You need to go rent Spirited Away.

Also...you hate Anime, sorry (and I am by far no Anime elitist, infact I used to despise it and made fun of all my friends who liked it) but it seems like the only Anime you've seen is what is on Cartoon Network...so it isn't so much that you don't like Anime, it is more so that you don't like cartoons.

Want some real Anime, tv series wise, go rent Berserk or Hellsing.

The first thing that made me accepting of Anime was Ninja Scroll. Then I watched all of Berserk and was just flat out in awe. Berserk is a greater story than any animated show I've ever seen...it far exceeds many, many theatrical battle epics. It just ****ing rules. It is more badass than anything you'll ever see an American animated production company (there are very few to begin with) produce.

If you want to see why Anime is loved for the action of it, see Ninja Scroll. For the beauty of it, see Spirited Away. And for the simple badassness of it, see Berserk.
I hate Sprited Away... my dad bought it, forced me to watch it, and I thought it was so STUPID. And I don't care wheter its shown on Cartoon Network or on video, I still can't stand that stuff! I mean, where is the true American animation at? Disyney is starting to get old, Warner barley does anything... GRRR... me no like Jap cartoons...

I'm pretty selective when it comes to Anime, but I love watching Anime videos and since I have a ton of friends who are hard into Anime, I see alot of them.

Awesomely done - Street Fighter
Badass - Berserk
Hilarious - Pokemon
and just an incredibly professional job - AMV Hell and AMV Hell 2

These most likely won't change your views on Anime (though I have a feeling you've never seen anything like Berserk before), but pretty much anyone can enjoy them, especially AMV Hell.

Originally Posted by OG-
Hilarious - Pokemon
Your kidding right? Pkemon? Or maybe it was just you being sarcastic? Which is it????

Your kidding right? Pkemon? Or maybe it was just you being sarcastic? Which is it????
Did you even click the link?

Also...those videos aren't necessairly age appropriate, most parents would probably object to them, so if you're young...don't click them.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I hate Sprited Away... my dad bought it, forced me to watch it, and I thought it was so STUPID.
Not one to look for allegory and metaphor in film, eh? Also, Miyazaki is unmatched in detail....

And I don't care wheter its shown on Cartoon Network or on video, I still can't stand that stuff!
There is a lot of really good stuff out there, on the darker side, noir-ish. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

[quote=MovieMaker5087]I mean, where is the true American animation at?

Only Americans are allowed to do animation? Also, a fair amount of japanese animation is very high detail, extremely complex, flowing, and masterfully inked. Superb quality in other words.

Disyney is starting to get old, Warner barley does anything... GRRR... me no like Jap cartoons...
Disney is dead and buried, and as far as I know, Warner Bros. Corporation wasn't into farming.

I cant stand anything to do with pokemon.

I dont like most anime. But comming from a fanfiction writter myslef, i've seen some pretty lame crap myself. Fanfiction.net is full of good posters, but most are actually bad...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Sedai
Disney is dead and buried
Nooooo!! Say it ain't so... I hope Disney finds a rebirth. There's nothing else out there (aside from Pixar) that's producing quality movie's that's appropriate for the little ones (and that parents can sit through without looking at their watch).

Anime....

One of the reasons I started watching it was because my daughter started watching Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network. This was at a time when there were no strong women characters (superhero types) for little girls to watch. She was growing past the princess faze of Disney and wanted to look up to a strong girl figure. Sailor Moon fit the bill....not only because of the strong girl thing, but because of the relationships within the Sailor Scouts. The whole concept of being a friend, but being able to dissagree and fight with each other and make-up and still remain friends brought up alot of interesting conversations with my daughter.

To understand the story and to see if it was too scary or inappropriate for my girl (she scared easily at that age), I went on line to look at and read about Sailor Moon. I discovered alot of other anime and saw some really beautiful artwork from different sites. I was fasinated by the drawing styles...I still am (I'm an artist at heart).

I think with any genre, there's the good and the bad. I'm not a fan of horror flicks, but I'm not going to bash the whole genre because it's not my taste. MM...you might at least try looking at a few anime sites and look at a posible story that would intrigue you (or at least look at what OG- posted)...then see if you can rent the video. Just a thought.

As far as fan fiction...never read it myself, but if it bothers you this much, just don't visit the website. Maybe these fan fiction people need an outlet in life that they can only express through their writing, and are to embarassed to show to someone in real life. Just a thought.

Most Anime I like and are pretty good to watch... I just hate the ones directed towards the little kids... Like Hamataro... I love the opening scene of the show though... funny little critters.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Nerds call it anime, because "cartoons" sounds too childish. I hate everything about it, no matter what you tell me to watch, ALL of it sucks.

OMG look at me my mouth is tuny when closed, takes 2/3 of my face when open! Look at my eyes, even though I'm supposed to be asian, they take 2/3 of my face (that is when my mouth is closed.) I have hair that is impossible to stylize because normal human hair doesn't grow in chunks or stay in the exact same shape every day of my life no matter what I do - be it being poured down with water or stand it blastering wind. My fellow companions are always slim and fit, because you will never see a female anime character being fat, my look and my eyes are full of subliminal messaging to brainwash those imbecile American children. I am in every nerd's sexual fantasy, hell they even get off at looking at me naked. Behold I'm anime! And you just can't have an anime character walking around without some kind of superpower or gift. ****ing inbelivbable, that there are still people out there who enjoy this subliminal trash.

Oh and how can I forget that little white blobs of something are supposed to be cute to appeal to children as well as thier parents! Let's draw a little circle with half circles for legs and arms, and once again watery eyes that take up most of the character's face. The only thing left is to give it a cuddly name like Hamushiro or Hamtaro, and voila! - watch the billions come in from ****ty merchandise and pointless TV series.

i am proud that i write fan fiction...been writing it for years, before it was popular...
i also write original stories and poems...and yes, sometimes it is an outlet..

OMG look at me my mouth is tuny when closed, takes 2/3 of my face when open! Look at my eyes, even though I'm supposed to be asian, they take 2/3 of my face (that is when my mouth is closed.) I have hair that is impossible to stylize because normal human hair doesn't grow in chunks or stay in the exact same shape every day of my life no matter what I do - be it being poured down with water or stand it blastering wind. My fellow companions are always slim and fit, because you will never see a female anime character being fat, my look and my eyes are full of subliminal messaging to brainwash those imbecile American children. I am in every nerd's sexual fantasy, hell they even get off at looking at me naked. Behold I'm anime! And you just can't have an anime character walking around without some kind of superpower or gift. ****ing inbelivbable, that there are still people out there who enjoy this subliminal trash.
What you just said is one of the stupidest things I've read on this site. The shows you are talking about are more cartoons than they are Anime. There really is a huge ****ing difference.

You think Anime is childish? Did you watch the video I posted for Berserk? Is that Childish? Does it have one single characteristics of anything you listed?

You obviously don't know a single thing about real Anime so I have no problem saying shut the **** up.

...just what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by OG-
What you just said is one of the stupidest things I've read on this site. The shows you are talking about are more cartoons than they are Anime. There really is a huge ****ing difference.

You think Anime is childish? Did you watch the video I posted for Berserk? Is that Childish? Does it have one single characteristics of anything you listed?

You obviously don't know a single thing about real Anime so I have no problem saying shut the **** up.
Read the topic name name you ****ing idiot, I can say what I want. What you posted is crap, so why don't you just take all your anime and shove it up your ass.

Originally Posted by susan
i am proud that i write fan fiction...been writing it for years, before it was popular...
i also write original stories and poems...and yes, sometimes it is an outlet..
At least that takes actual skill and is interesting to read. Keep it up!