Al Pacino's Girlfriend Noor Alfallah Is Pregnant, But He Refuses

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
to make a great movie... Why are they mostly from the 70s? He's made over 20 movies in the last 20 years. And then you can take a quick slice of his life, from 1972-1979 -- The Godfather, Scarecrow (underrated road trip movie with Gene Hackman), The Godfather II, Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, And Justice For All

Why not find a great script/story, and take a cut, and give an independent movie some attention. Some actors did it. Ben Gazzarra especially. A leading man who took a huge paycut to be in John Cassavetes' movies, even if it wasn't a starring role. He did the same for Vincent Gallo in "Buffalo '66"

Welcome to the human race...
Because even that approach isn't guaranteed to result in good work. He made a film called Manglehorn that had an established indie director like David Gordon Green and an apparent budget of $4m but it still got mixed reviews. It's easy to say something like "pick a good script" but how easy is that really? How many good films have been made from bad scripts and vice versa? It worked for Ben Gazzara because he had a good filmmaker to work with in Cassavetes - likewise, Pacino made his best work with directors like Coppola or Lumet. It's also got to be hard to identify which of the up-and-coming indie filmmakers seem like worthy collaborators that are anywhere close to the level of those legends - even someone like Gallo is debatable.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
When they make Heat 2 and he’s popping 60mg of Adderall!!! He doesn’t have a script for the stuff, but someone he knows, etc. He’s waiting for the rush to come over him!

*Paraphrased from the text*

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I really liked The Irishman and I remember liking Insomnia, I am not certain what happened in the 17 years between though.