The Alcohol Induced Tales Thread

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Any stats on swedes, irishmen or finns?
They're off the scale

I don't particulary like the feeling of being 'drunk' or any alcohol consumption (my dad was just around me).....

Coast clear!

One night I was out with my sorors and we had a 'red devil' which everyone knows consists of 7 different alcohols. I remember calling Piddy and he told me he was watching "The Hunt for Red October" and it took me 30 minutes to repeat the title..

"ooooohhhhhhh honey, that is berryyyy berry nisssssssssse. I like the hu hu huntt tee hee for web octoooo tee hee oct octobbbbaaa!"

Then I think I told him I wanted him to have my babies or something like that. lol

NOTE: If by accident you have a drink (social of course) and you want to talk about a film, try something simple like 'Titanic'.

One summers day in '84 a couple of friends and I were on the way to a party, and, as it was our intention to get thoroughly sh*tfaced that night, we had already started to inebriate ourselves. By the time we had reached our destination I had drunk close to half a bottle of grain spirit, so I steered towards the buffet to get some fruit punch.
Well, I had a couple of cups of punch...and the next thing I remember is waking up several hours later in a tube station and missing the shirt I had worn earlier that night...and then meeting my father on the train home.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

I kinda got drunk last night... (not for the first time). I had a long island iced tea, a Jack with Coke, and some of a martini... I had trouble walking. And after I left the bar/club, I started thinking that the world wasn't much different from older times, like the 13th century. I saw nature everywhere. I felt like I belonged to it... I noticed the trees and the wood and the blocks in the buildings... the grass below... it was all so wonderful. Then I was back in the car singing the remixed version of "Hollaback Girl".

I was wondering why in never saw this thread, but after seeing the date on the second to last post, I realized it became inactive a week before I joined. I hope more drunken tails ensue; I'll have quite a laugh.

Originally Posted by nebbit
"Are you going the bring that to me, or am I going to have to suck it out of the glass from here?"

-The Man Who Knew Too Little

Originally Posted by nebbit
Cute
I have my moments of sheer brilliance... or complete idiocy.

I remember the first time drinking, I was 16 and decided to give it a go. I drank two big 'ol bullets of Old English. Nasty then nasty now..bleh. I did manage to get drunk though. My friend that was with me was a crazy guy, he did not drink to do stupid things. We went out walking the nieghborhood and came across a construction site. We went in to the unfinished apartment building and sat around chatting. Well I was getting a bit lightheaded from the beer and I looked through an unfinished doorway into the back area of the site and what did I see? A bulldozer. Yep, I got on it started it and accidently ran it into the building. My friend was laughing so hard he was choking. We high tailed it out of there and did not drink again till I was 18 (back when I turned 18 this was the legal age), and I still hate beer.

You ready? You look ready.
Almost a year ago I got pretty messed up at a party. I was invited by a friend to this one guy's house who I had never met before, so that was the beginning of my troubles. Last thing I would want in my house is a trashed stranger, and I know that guy didn't enjoy it too much either.

Anyways, it was a bring your own alcohol party, so I provided some and ended up drinking everything I brought. I had a liter bottle of Bacardi that was a little over 3/4s full, so combine that with the 5 beers I had I consumed quite a bit. I just say I drank a liter of Bacardi because it makes the story easier to tell, and it's pretty much true. Moving on, I don't remember very much after about 10pm. I made two phone calls, flirted a LOT with this one chick at the party who was attending with her boyfriend, and was pretty much making an ass of myself. I ended up passing out around 12am on the floor of the bathroom and was still messed up when I came to at 4am. Passed out again and came to around 9 or 10am. Suffice to say, my first thought was, "what the f*** happened?" More importantly, the guy that brought me to the party was no where to be found so I was called and was like, "Dude, you left me?" and he says, "Dude, you told me to leave you." I did not remember that either.

In the end, I ended up having the most brutal hangover because I didn't have any water the night before. Threw up twice at the party guy's house (the morning...I held my liquor proudly), twice at my friends, and then about 5 or 6 times at my own house. My friend had to drive me home in my car. Brutal...brutal hangover.

Oh, a couple months ago I got a little drunk and said some stupid s*** to a friend and she wants nothing to do with me now. Ah, the joys of alcohol.

I have ADHD (untreated currently), and alcohol compounds my symptoms. Technically, I shouldn't drink.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza