The Alcohol Induced Tales Thread

Tools    

What are your tales of drunken stupors and adventures and flying cattle and other such halucinations and mysterious happenings and laughable occurances?

Consider this both a thread for tales of old, and a tab, for tales of new.

I shall add my own to the list shortly, but to get the ball rolling, who shall raise their hand?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here we go...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
No way. I'm not sharing those kinds of stories with the general public.

One time I got drunk at my Aunt's wedding. I got drunk last night off a bottle of wine. Um, I don't know. this is a great thread though.

Morbida
Lets the the worst thing I ever did, hmmm I get freaked up one night met this girl at the bar, drove to another state where we could married at 18, I am 26 now, but anyway we where married and the next morning we got a anolment <how ever u spell that>.

I have dont alot of crazy **** in my life becuase of booze but that has to be the worst!

The first time I ever got drunk was last year, near the end of it. I did year twelve drama last year and so as a result the drama class wanted me to go to the year twelve formal with them and as a result I ended up going to one of the after-parties too. Both myself and my friend Jamie hadn't brought a change of clothes so we were left to drink in our long sleeved shirts and pants and dinner shoes and it wasn't long before we found ourselves going out into a paddock to find a cow that we could push over. That didn't happen, but still, it was an interesting lead in to the following weekend.

As you may assume, the next two days were going to be filled with as much drinking and such as the now ex-year twelves could possibly manage and a whole group of them (and I found myself among them) went down to a big shack and drank. And drank. I'm talking from buckets and stuff.

It was at that stage that myself and Jamie and another Jamie went out with a long wooden pole and an extension cord and went and kidnapped a sheep, put it on a little boat and let the boat out to sea. It didn't go very far, but you get the picture. 'Twas very silly.

The drunkest I have ever been was at an eighteenth birthday party, but I don't remember any of it (do not drink rocket fuel, it may taste nice, but it is evil!) and didn't enjoy the parts I do remember (projectile vomiting).

So yeah.
They're my stories for now.

I have more, two more that are actually pretty funny, but I'll leave them for another time.

Whad'you know?
Proud to say I haven't been drunk, as of yet

I don't especially like the taste of alcohol (though I do like rocket fuel - but I haven't drunk enough of it ever to end up projectile vomiting), so I rarely drink. My one and only "I can't believe I did that" story occured at an end of the year celebration thing that my school has. I was talking to some guy and decided that it would be a good idea to announce to the crowd around us that he was gay. Everyone stopped and stared at me for a few seconds, and then pretended that it hadn't happened. The guy whispered to me, "I'm not gay."

In my defense, I had seen him a few times throughout the day and he had been pretending to be gay, so it wasn't an entirely unreasonable assumption on my part, but it was an inappropriate time to make my opinion known and I wasn't so drunk that I wasn't thoroughly embarassed.

At that previously mentioned celebration, there are all sorts of random events going on. At one of them, a very drunk friend and I found ourselves standing next to one of her professors. This professor is her academic advisor, will probably advise her thesis next year, and basically she needs his letter of recommendation to get into grad school. She decided that it would be a good idea to inform him that she had been so drunk the past two days that she had forgotten to masturbate - a rare occurance for her.

That wasn't my story, but I thought I'd toss it in because it's considerably better than mine.

Whad'you know?
In fact, now that I think about it, as brought up in Annie Hall, why do people enjoy getting drunk so much?

I mean, with drugs as well, it's just an induced 'high.' With the degree of artificiality today, I'd like to at least remain in control of my emotions. :/

But then again, maybe I'm just a party pooper :P

*DING-DING-DING-DING*

We have a winner! Step right up and pick a prize, Sonny, anything off the top shelf.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Whad'you know?
Assuming your comment was directed at me, which I'm sure it was, sorry but it went over my head.

I guess I'm not as sophisticated/cool as you.

Yeah, well it was a pretty sophisticated and complicated reply frought with obscure references and metephors, even some sort of onomatopoeia, I can see why it would go over one's head.

Have a drink, Mate!

And clearly, nobody is as "cool" as me. Thanks for the acknowledgement.

The only appeal I see in ever getting drunk is to forget a nagging worry...and even then, I don't see much value. But, go ahead and knock yourself out (literally). In my opinion, it just makes the rest of us look better by comparison.

Oh, and I didn't quite understand what Holds was trying to say, either. So either we're both dumb, or he's a misunderstood genius. Or both.

Gather 'round, chilluns, whilst Granny Lo gets herself a bourbon and tells you all an endearing tale...

The first time I got drunk I was fourteen. I grew up on a farm and my dad was basically an alcoholic, albeit the jovial sort, so beer was a constant in ye olde Frigidaire. He always told me that I could drink whenever I wanted, as long as I did it at home.

So we were bailing straw that summer, and I was part of the hired help ($6.00 an hour, and all the ham sandwiches and beer you wanted--it was a sweet deal). And there was this one guy, Brad... corn-fed, tanned, and about three years older than me. Of course I developed a raging crush on him.

That first night, they all sat around the kitchen drinking, and I asked my dad if I could have... a beer. And he said, with a gesture towards the fridge, "It's in there." And so it was. So I drank one. And then I went in for another. And another. At some point the guys went outside, and I went into the living room and watched Newhart, still drinking. Newhart. I wish I could remember the episode.

It didn't taste as bad as I'd thought, especially after I got the first one down--it was Busch beer, which I now (and then, really) could not stomach--and so I just kept drinking, and my dad kept saying, "It's in there," when I'd ask for another. God, I was soooo cool--and Brad must've thought I was really grown-up. I was drinking with the boys.

I wound up drinking five in something like an hour and a half. I vaguely remember sitting at the table, right next to Brad, trying desperately to act sober and make conversation. And then, after making quite the a*s of myself, I'm sure, I stood up, mumbled something about seeing them all later, and stumbled into my bedroom. Where I lay down in my bed, expecting to go directly to sleep, 'cause that's what happens when you get drunk, right?

Nope. The room kept tilting from side to side--I lay there on my back, which in hindsight wasn't the best idea, anyway--and after some indeterminate amount of time, I realized that everything was coming up... and it sure as hell wasn't roses. I rolled over and vomited up the entire contents of my stomach (five beers and one ham sandwich) onto the hardwood floor. After it was all gone, I was too weak to move, still hanging over the side of my bed, when my dad comes in and says, "Are ya all right?"

I said, "Yeah."

He said, "Fine, then. Go to sleep. You're gonna clean all that up in the morning."

And so I did--I cleaned it all up and then I went out and did the chores that morning, all while accompanied by a nasty hangover. It was another two years before I drank again, but I've done it a lot since then, so I guess I didn't really "learn my lesson." Well, I did learn a lesson--don't get drunk to try to impress a farmboy. It'll just end in vomit and tears.

Morbida
Seems like I learn my lession every Friday and Saturday night

I've only gotten plastered twice in my entire life. The first time, I did something embarrassing that I am not willing to reveal to the public. So sorry. The second time was rather boring; I just giggled a lot.

Only once has alcohol lead my to the point of hallucination, once again, 'twas rocket fuel that done it.

I was sitting on the lawn with a friend and I was convinced that the grass was growing very rapidly before my eyes. I wasn't listening to a word this person was saying, of course: the grass was growing!!

Morbida
I think drinking urself to the point where u do some stupid that you will regret for a couple days...only makes ya stronger