Scorsese should digital edit Dicaprio into all of his movies

Tools    

I am the Watcher in the Night
I think it's reasonable to think they work really well together, and enjoy it when they do, and still wish that maybe they'd do it just a little less often, if only because you want to see them work more with other people.

That said, I didn't like DiCaprio in Titanic (though I blame the material, especially now that I know what he's capable of) or much at all around that general time frame, but man, did he become a really good actor in the years that followed. Completely won me over.
It's more a case of Marty workin with Dicap a lot, but Dicap has done terrific work with Spielberg and Tarantino to name just a few.

Marty however, seems to cling onto a particular actor like a safety net. He spent almost the whole of the 70s and 80s working with De Niro and that even stretched into the early 90s. It does get a bit tiresome.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

All right, I need to explain myself.

I used to be a huge DiCaprio fan (albeit a very critical one) until recently. You can probably say I'm a bitter ex-fan now.

Basically, not one of my Leo's favourite performances is in a Scorsese film (except for the completely crazy scenes at the end of the Aviator). I've felt from the beginning that their relationship is based on practicality, not creativity. They desperately needed each other to save one another's careers. They've achieved that long past - Leo has made Martin commercially successful and Martin was Leo's ticket into serious dramatic scripts when it seemed like nothing could save his career.

But on a creative level, they're a disaster. Almost everyone admits that Scorsese movies in his Leo era are not on par with his classics. And Leo acts with a big A in front of his camera and seems to be encouraged in this (Shutter Island interviews) by Martin. Quoting a critic: "Although DiCaprio is never less than engaged, I wonder if the comfort level between this actor and this director has begun to work against both artists.”

That doesn't explain anything. I also disagree with just about everything you've said.

Watch The Wolf of Wall Street before you judge it.

Marty however, seems to cling onto a particular actor like a safety net. He spent almost the whole of the 70s and 80s working with De Niro and that even stretched into the early 90s. It does get a bit tiresome.
That's normal for many directors. Kurosawa worked with Mifune, continuously appearing in almost all his movies, for nearly two decades, for instance.

So a director works a lot with one actor. Lots of directors have recurring casting choices. Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune, John Ford and John Wayne, Mel Brooks and Kevin Smith have stable troupes of actors they work with. If they are great actors, a great director can insert that actor into the projects.

I've given the duo enough chances already - seen Aviator, Departed and SI. SI was great except for Leo's terrible miscasting and grotesque performance.

Judging by the synopsis, content and the backlash, you can't pay me to watch WOWS. It sounds like one of those movies you want to spit back out after seeing it. At least on this - MANY viewers and critics agree.

I still maintain that DiCaprio should run as fast as he can from Martin. But of course he won't cause he's too much of a crazy fanboy. So he won't be free from him till Scorsese retires.

I know it's a minority opinion and sounds troll-like, but I'm firm in it.

Nothing wrong with a minority opinion. You do not like DiCaprio working with Scorsese that is fine. Heck ask anyone here about my opinions about Quentin Tarantino, and you will learn I am definitely in the minority. But when I choose to criticize his films, I stick to the ones I have actually seen. I can't be like Spike Lee and bash Django Unchained since I have not seen it.

Judging by the synopsis, content and the backlash, you can't pay me to watch WOWS. It sounds like one of those movies you want to spit back out after seeing it. At least on this - MANY viewers and critics agree.
Certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.8 average public score on IMDB.
Backlash my ass.

you can't pay me to watch WOWS.
Then don't watch it, but don't criticise it either. It's not really an opinion when you base your statements on what you've seen or read about a piece of art rather than on the piece itself. But know that your refusal to watch the movie is your loss. It's by far my favorite movie I've seen from 2013.

And for the record, the only Scorcese/DiCaprio collaboration I didn't care for was Gangs of New York, but lately I've been thinking I need to give it another shot.

I personally don't like to bash movies that I haven't seen, but I can see where this guy is coming from. In a way, it's how I feel about some directors, Nolan in particular. If his fanboys can claim that his next movie will be a masterpiece, then who can stop me from saying it's going to suck?

It's not that I dislike Nolan by the way, but because of how some people feel about his films and how they react to them, I just can't help but feel the opposite. If his films weren't surrounded by such hype I'd probably appreciate them a lot more.

Certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.8 average public score on IMDB.
Backlash my ass.
I know a guy who rated it 10 on IMDb even though he hasn't even seen it yet. Because he's a DiCaprio fanboy. Imo this is even worse than criticizing a film before even seeing it. I'm not saying he's the reason it has such a high rating on IMDb, but still.