Iron Man 2

Tools    

Beware The Probe!
Favreau was talking about the Mandarin as the villain in the sequel.
There were hints about it in the movie with Tony being kidnapped by an organization called the Ten Rings, the Ghengis Khan reference and how he could rule Asia with 10 suits.

Robert Downey Jr., on the other hand, has mentioned that he'd like to do the 'Demon in a Bottle' storyline. He'd be able to draw on his own real life experiences for that one.

I've also heard Thor may be introduced in the next Iron Man flick.
A Thor movie and Captain America movie just months later will set up an Avengers movie with all the heroes.
That's gonna be wild.
It's about time Marvel started merging their characters.
The Nick Fury bonus scene in Iron Man and the cameo Downey is doing for The Incredible Hulk are the first steps to that goal.

Sci-Fi-Guy wrote:
There were hints about it in the movie with Tony being kidnapped by an organization called the Ten Rings, the Ghengis Khan reference and how he could rule Asia with 10 suits.
I caught that too. I think he'll be introduced, but not focused on until the third.

I could be wrong though...

...uh the post is up there...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
New interview from Comingsoon.net

After the first weeend, we KNEW this was happening.

Wow, Iron Man was a must-see, but this pretty much covers that up. So when there's an Iron Man 2, it should jump off the wall just like sequels in other popular titles do. For example, Spider-Man or even better: X-Men 2. Movies like these always get respect.

as long as Marvel stick to their current way of doing things and yes hopefully get them all in the same place for one big avengers film then I say bring it on. if however they start doing what x-men 3 and spiderman 3 did to these franchises then stop now and lets leave it here

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Comingsoon had a chat with Jon. Highlights here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=7700

I found this part rather interesting:

An earlier answer that scrambled: Now that marvel is making its own movies, every movie has to fit into the Marvel universe. the Avengers incorporates not just Iron Man, but Thor, possibly the Hulk and traditionally Captain America as well. As it is, it's scheduled Thor will come out the same summer as "Iron Man2" and Captain America will come out a few months before Avengers. All the films have to come together to create a consistent universe.That's very important to everyone involved.

Will this be the golden age of comic book films?

Registered Creature
Can't wait. Though I'll admit I was disappointed with the action scenes in the first film. Robert Downey was a great Tony Stark, though.

The first one was awesome. The soundtrack wasn't bad either. Rumors claim that Terrence Howard is going to go superhero. I would definitely have to see that.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The first one was awesome. The soundtrack wasn't bad either. Rumors claim that Terrence Howard is going to go superhero. I would definitely have to see that.
Well the comic book hero Jim Rhodes does get a suit from Tony Stark and is basically Iron Man II. John Faverau even teases us in Iron Man with Terrance Howard looking at the extra suit and going "Not today" (or something like that)

In the Beginning...
Well the comic book hero Jim Rhodes does get a suit from Tony Stark and is basically Iron Man II. John Faverau even teases us in Iron Man with Terrance Howard looking at the extra suit and going "Not today" (or something like that)
"Next time, baby."

In the comics, Rhodes becomes Iron Man after Tony Stark spirals into alcoholism, but later becomes War Machine after Stark takes back the mantle.

And for the record, I'd rather see War Machine in the film than just Terrance Howard as a stand-in Iron Man.

A system of cells interlinked
I am excited about it , but i doubt it could top the first one.
Sure it could. The first was really fun, but had some issues, as far as I am concerned. Bridges was a bit too cartoony for my taste, and the film takes a while to get going. Downey shines in the lead, but there is certainly more depth to be plumbed concerning Stark's inner demons. This was standard origin fare, as far as I am concerned. That didn't keep me from watching it twice this weekend, though.

In the Beginning...
Sure it could. The first was really fun, but had some issues, as far as I am concerned. Bridges was a bit too cartoony for my taste, and the film takes a while to get going. Downey shines in the lead, but there is certainly more depth to be plumbed concerning Stark's inner demons. This was standard origin fare, as far as I am concerned.
Agreed. Going in, I was expecting a little more of the alcoholic side to Tony Stark (particularly because of Downey's involvement and early PR), but I'm actually glad they didn't delve very deeply into that yet. Better to have some fun establishing the character and getting people jazzed about the series, and then start exploring the character's closet skeletons.

I'm stoked!

Yeah, I would agree with that sleezmiester. I'm sure the studio was a little worried that the flick wouldn't be well received even if it was good simply because there just aren't as many Iron Man fans as there are say, Spiderman or X-Men fans. Mischief managed I'd say and now they can pretty much do whatever they want for the next film.

Iron man 2?

A new villain?

btw,fyi,fwiw i think the first one was good, but they need to make it a little darker. All comic book films should take note from TDk.

Yea I agree with equilibrium the film definitely needs to be a bit darker the second time around for me to enjoy it more. However, it does not need to be as dark as batman.

Iron man 2?

A new villain?

btw,fyi,fwiw i think the first one was good, but they need to make it a little darker. All comic book films should take note from TDk.
I agree. A little "more graphic" would make superhero films work more often. For example, Spider-Man didn't have that much popularity until the 3rd one came along. Same with Batman towards The Dark Knight. However, I wouldn't prefer superheroes to be "The Dark Knight themed", but Watchmen themed. To me, that seems a little more dark, which is good, depending on how you look at it.