King Kong

→ in
Tools    

Kong did need an update, and this worked.
No, it didn't! What a ridiculously arrogant thing to say. King Kong is not about trying to make the best special effects- it's a simple fable about people who view themselves as superior just because they cannot understand a primitive culture so different from theirs. It could also be applied to that modern mindset that anything made before the era of special effects is dated and inferior and it must be 'corrected' with a remake.

Sure, there was a lot of screaming in the original and there is an element of melodrama, but there's a lot of ambiguity. King Kong isn't a cuddly soft toy- he's a wild creature.

I loved this movie. In fact I wish I would have remembered this one so I could have included this on my top 100 list.

Peter Jackson did a fantastic job with this project. It was the best King Kong movie to date. It was the first one where you actually feel empathy for Kong. The finale where he's on the Empire State Building and finally dies and slides off made me...not sure of the word for it but maybe emotional would be one I would use.

And Naomi Watts was stunning and beautiful and nailed the role.

This gets a.....

It was good, but Best King Kong movie to date?
The only reason you felt empathy was because Peter Jackson made the monster lovable.
I was surrounded by kids when watching this.. The kids were cheering King Kong through the entire movie.

& they didn't even react to the end.
It's a good film, I'd give it
. But definitely not the best Kong film to date. The original film is still superior..

It could be that coz of the difference in effects the new Kong looks real & hence lovable.
The scene from the original movie when Ann is rescued & Kong chases her storming through the village has to be one of the finest scenes in cinema history.