Who'd win: Darth Vader vs. Sauron

Tools    

Anarchist within reason
Vader all the way!!!! Sauron had a Ring (ooooh scary) and got beat buy a guy who was lying on his back with half a sword!!!

Plus he's got James Earl Jones voice, that only adds to his badass rating
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Whoa... I know kung-fu!
Who would win between Darth Vader and Sauron?

Easy.

Chuck Norris would kick both their asses!

Who would win between Darth Vader and Sauron?

Easy.

Chuck Norris would kick both their asses!
Lol i totally agree Chuck Norris would destroy them with one finger

but im going with the force on this one

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Definitly Darth Vader, I mean, Sauron has all these orcs, but darth vader has an army of droids that can shoot lasers and ofcourse they can just fly to mount doom and throw the ring in the lava, sauron has no chance.

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

I think what everyone is forgetting is the source of each villain:
  • Darth Vader (George Lucas)
  • Sauron (J.R.R. Tolkien).
What you really have is one villain with all the weight and character of a cartoon (Vader), and another villain with an entire mythology, created by a Professor at Oxford over many decades, behind him. Sauron wins by gravitas and depth.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Thulsa Doom is the difference.

Vader for the win.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So the question is really Sauron and his resources vs Vader and his resources.

Well Vader could simply park his Super Star Destroyer in Orbit and bombard Mordor out of all existence. Or even better, bring the Death Star along and wipe all of Arda with 1 stroke.

If the question is Vader himself with Lightsaber and the dark side vs Sauron his Mace and his immense power then its probably Sauron but only just.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
So the question is really Sauron and his resources vs Vader and his resources.

Well Vader could simply park his Super Star Destroyer in Orbit and bombard Mordor out of all existence. Or even better, bring the Death Star along and wipe all of Arda with 1 stroke.

If the question is Vader himself with Lightsaber and the dark side vs Sauron his Mace and his immense power then its probably Sauron but only just.
I agree, this is all it would take to win.

Interesting thread, and matchup.

The obvious answer seems Sauron as he was a godlike entity that fueled emissaries like the darkside of the force does for Vader. The hitch is Sauron is trapped elsewhere. So if youre saying Darth Vader goes into the trapped dimension to fight Sauron then Vaders getting a hard spanking.

If youre saying trapped Sauron vs Darth Vader then the resources of Darth seem to far outweigh Saurons. Death Star vs Middle Earth?! Hmmm. Interesting as destroying Middle Earth wouldnt be easy as not only Sauron, but the elves, dwarves, and every mystical inhabitant would rise up. Imagine a host of Balrogs attacking the death star, infiltrating, then Darth Vader gets mauled. You see theres more than one Balrog, and Gandalf fought off one, but couldnt defeat it.

If Vader attempted an invasion of Middle Earth then that would level the playing field as factions of Middle Earth wouldnt be so inclined to join together. Long war, epic battles, but In the long run I'd give homefield advantage to Middle Earth. Sauron does end up defeating Darth Vader, but Vader goes down in a blaze of glory taking thousands upon thousands with him. Sauron would be impressed.

I find one interesting point being left unsaid.....

All the Sauron people mentioned the immense armies of Sauron, all the different type of creatures Sauron can bring forth to the battlefield...

What about the thousands and thousands of planets Vader took over, for the Galactic Empire? There's nothing shown in the movies, but the books... Come now... His massive horde of creatures/people/technological advances... Not to mention Vader could recruit shapeshifters, just like Jango Fett, have them disguise themselves as orcs, invade the orc camps, and start assassinating every single orc in their sleep.

Galactic Empire vs. Sauron's army

Winner = Galactic Empire

Darth Vader. Not all he does is Choke people. If you don't submit to the power of the darkside, your planet is history.

Darth Vader: " So Sauron, want to join the Dark Side and submit to the Galactic Empire?"

Sauron: " No."

Darth Vader: " Ready the Death Star please."

Sauron: "Noooooooooooooo....."

Darth Vader: "Wow, I thought he'd scream forever, time to move on to the next planet."

Vader vs. Sauron

Winner = Vader

Well let's see, you bring a Death Star, and I bring Eru Iluvatar. Now to those who have no idea who that is, Eru began creation. Ea, the universe in which Arda and Middle-Earth is within was made by God named in the Tolkienverse, Eru. Now why did I bring this into the forum years after it was started, well for one I was bored and came across it and honestly have never posted on a forum before but have read them many times, and two I wanted to share a little history of Tolkien's mythology to those who will not read it for themselves. Now Eru was called upon once by Manwe, whom is the chief of the Valar, whom are angelic beings that could probley destroy the Death Star themselves, to stop the rebellious army of Numenor for they themselves would not destroy the army for the destruction of the Children of Iluvatar was not something they wanted. Then the call was answered and the entire island of Numenor along with it's army was devoured into the sea. Therefore if the Valar whom are angelic beings made by Eru could not stop the Death Star, well Eru would for his creation, Arda, would not be destroyed if it was not of his will. Therefore see ya later Death Star. Also to get back on topic, though Sauron's power was greatly diminished after the destruction of the ring, his being was of the race of the Valar and he himself was made before the creation of Ea and his being remained though he was greatly maimed. Therefore Sauron in my honest opinion would win against Darth Vader, for the day of Dagor Dagoroth would come and though it is up for discussion, Sauron would return again and Darth Vader would be many years since dead.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Sauron all the way. Vader is just a scary looking dude in a helmet and cape.

Sauron