What's With The Name?

Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
my name comes originally from the movie Hellboy. I figured he was unleashed on evil and it sounded coo at the time and then i revised it to being two of my favorite movies. Hellboy and Unleashed.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

A system of cells interlinked
My name comes from a Robert Jordan fantasy series that I actually don't really like anymore. The Aes Sedai were sort of Sorcerers in The Wheel of Time saga. Unfortunately, after book six, the series turned to ****, and I stopped reading it after eight, as I just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know, I should probably come up with a new handle, but I am known as Sedai all over the web, and it would be a pain changing everything over...

In the Beginning...
"Sleezy" is an old nickname. I didn't get it for my demeanor, though (I am actually an extremely nice guy ). I got it from some marketing letter I received in the mail once, where someone had mispelled my last name. Since my last name is extremely uncommon, credit card companies trying to get my business usually screw my name up: I've had some pretty funny ones over the years. "Sleezy" was the wildest, by far, and a friend obsessed with calling people by nicknames started calling me that. The name stuck for a long time, but nobody really calls me that anymore.

Elsewhere, I go by "The Grey Ghost." It's not a nickname so much as an identity (almost a pen name).

Ophelia - Natalie Merchant song I happened to be listening to when I was registering.

Pedestal - a portishead song

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm a dead (yes, really) Ancient Roman historian and gossip-monger.

It's more interesting than Dave...

Welcome to the human race...
My initial inspiration for the name Iroquois came from one of my favourite PlayStation 2 games of the time, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Early on in the main part of the game, your character Raiden encounters the sole survivor of a massacre. The survivor is really Solid Snake, hero of the MGS series, but here he gives his name as being...

"Pliskin. Iroquois Pliskin. Lieutenant Junior Grade."

When I was offered the chance to change my name on a different forum, the first name that came into my head was "Iroquois". It was noice, different, unusual. Since then, I learned that it was an Indian word for "snake". "Snake" is an unoriginal net name, so Iroquois was an interesting spin on that.

Hence, Iroquois.

Other names I have used over the years include

Wardie/Wardster (nicknames playing off my real name)
Mr. Red (when I first joined MoFo, I used this name, made 20 posts, decided I didn't like it and rejoined as Iroquois)
Solidus (also from MGS2, I used this for a while before changing again)

Originally Posted by Sedai
My name comes from a Robert Jordan fantasy series that I actually don't really like anymore. The Aes Sedai were sort of Sorcerers in The Wheel of Time saga. Unfortunately, after book six, the series turned to ****, and I stopped reading it after eight, as I just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know, I should probably come up with a new handle, but I am known as Sedai all over the web, and it would be a pain changing everything over...
The early books were great. I agree they have turned to crap on a stick, but no reason to change your handle cause the books turned. Good idea to stick with it, and a fine name it is.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
It's more interesting than Dave...
But Dave the person is more interesting

real name's Ian

eyes, because I see everything, but i'm hardly ever seen

other aliases

Michaelmyerspe, because I'm a halloween fan, pe = pure evil

archaicyouth816, i liked the oxymoron, and 816, my birthday

Kiltric67, well, that one's a secret

tradetrick67, made up spur of the moment, I don't remember what the hell I was thinking

and lastly, battlebot816, again, 816, my birthday, and battlebot was an old nickname from a few years ago, because I was very interested in robotics, and the show, battlebots, which I'm sorry to have seen left the air.

I've got a few others as well, but I'm not going into all of them.