Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I don’t put my bin out overnight. Wouldn’t risk it. I put it out about 6 a.m. though they sometimes don’t come until the afternoon. Are your bins emptied by 7 a.m.?

You get your bins emptied only every 2 weeks? That would be an overflow disaster here.
Everyone here puts them out the day before, and we don't have any animals that can knock the bins over, the workmen usually empty them around 7am or sometimes before and I can't be arsed to break my sleep to get up to put it out for collection.

In my area we have two bins, one for general rubbish and another for recycling and they are put out alternate weeks.

Racoons aren't bears! I'm talking BIG bears...But yeah racoons can make a huge mess out of trash, that's for sure. We don't seem to have racoons around much anymore. Maybe it has something to do with all the coyotes that we do have around?
Here's an annoying song about bears,,,

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Our co-op has several dumpsters for garbage, so we can throw our garbage out whenever we want to, but we have a different problem with wild animals.

Sometimes people forget to close the dumpster door after throwing out their trash, and animals get inside the dumpster. (Usually either raccoons or squirrels.) Then someone else comes along and closes the door, trapping the animal inside the dumpster.

Usually when that happens we hear noises coming from inside the dumpster, so we know to be careful opening the door, but sometimes the animals are quiet, and when we open the door, the animal jumps out of the dumpster and scares the he!! out of us.

Steven Seagul

What a collosal prick, literally the worst person (not just actor) to have ever lived. I swear to god if I ever see this fat piece of garbage I will decimate him, he will never have met someone like me. It would almost be funny if it really wasn't.

OMG he wrote a film where there is aliens and vampires and he gives up speaking halfway through and they have to dub him or he can barely be heard whispering, what a ****ing weirdo.

He apparently gives up in a lot of his recent films and they have to dub him because yeah he just gets in a mood and is totally uninterested

For some reason I went down a Steven Seagul rabbit hole on YouTube and I need to strip him off his gigantic ****ing ego.

I already knew he was a dick but damn, the stories about this guy.

You get your bins emptied only every 2 weeks? That would be an overflow disaster here.
Yeah, it's not great here (although I think we are much better at recycling than the US and we're crap) but then, this place is falling apart. It used to be every week until a few years ago and now, where I live, the bin lorries aren't big enough for the round, so they split it. Ridiculous.

The smoke shop next door to my work.

The guys that work there are nice and everything, but that place attracts some shady ass people and every time I come to work in the morning the entire building reeks of marijuana.

Yeah, it's not great here (although I think we are much better at recycling than the US and we're crap) but then, this place is falling apart. It used to be every week until a few years ago and now, where I live, the bin lorries aren't big enough for the round, so they split it. Ridiculous.
Can’t imagine the mess here if bins had to wait 2 weeks. We have two trucks going around - one for recycling & one for trash. Looking at my street many bins are overflowing & there’s trash all over the street even though there’s a trash can at the end of the block.

The smoke shop next door to my work.

The guys that work there are nice and everything, but that place attracts some shady ass people and every time I come to work in the morning the entire building reeks of marijuana.

As someone who really dislikes that smell, I sympathise totally.

As someone who really dislikes that smell, I sympathise totally.
I was never a pot head. Detest the smell.

Our washing machine, I don't mind clothes washing but hate our machine because it always sounds like it's going to explode... it once literally bounced off the floor and was making a horrendous sound, had to turn it off at the plug.

Hasn't done that since but I think a new one is needed...

Our washing machine, I don't mind clothes washing but hate our machine because it always sounds like it's going to explode... it once literally bounced off the floor and was making a horrendous sound, had to turn it off at the plug.

Hasn't done that since but I think a new one is needed...

Mine does this if it’s overloaded. Especially in the winter when the cold rinses make the clothes super heavy. If I put one too many rugs in, it goes berserk. Mind you, I’m talking about a washer/drier I’ve had for many years & they’re still going strong.

They can't help it because they are understaffed at the moment but having to wait in all day for a nurse to come visit someone in my house and then they don't turn up is very annoying, a whole day wasted because no one called to tell us it was cancelled...

Phoned up to ask if a nurse was still coming only to be told my relative hadn't been allocated a nurse for today...

It's something that has to be done too so hope an extra day doesn't do any harm. Sigh.

Now have to wait around again tommorow unless they come early.

They can't help it because they are understaffed at the moment but having to wait in all day for a nurse to come visit someone in my house and then they don't turn up is very annoying, a whole day wasted because no one called to tell us it was cancelled...

Phoned up to ask if a nurse was still coming only to be told my relative hadn't been allocated a nurse for today...

It's something that has to be done too so hope an extra day doesn't do any harm. Sigh.

Now have to wait around again tommorow unless they come early.
You actually have nurse visits there?

Yep, my relative is paralysed down one side and housebound and if it's a treatment that can be done at home then we have district nurses here in the UK who can come to the house.

I look after them all the time but the nurse visits to take care of something I'm not trained to do.

Don't they have home visits in America?

I'm just about old enough to remember when GP's would do home visits out of hours.
You get home visits from actual doctors in the UK?

You get home visits from actual doctors in the UK?
I don't know how much/often it happens now, although I did have a visit from mine when I was really ill before I had my aneurysm (he also got a friend of his to get me into a CT machine) but it was certainly something which happened a few times when I was a kid and I was ill.

My guess is that now it depends on where you live and which surgery you're on the books of.

I got yelled at and accused of being "unhelpful" by someone on the phone today after I explained to them multiple times that the "help" they were requesting was not legal.