'The' Mofo DVD Collection Thread

Tools    

Originally Posted by Escape
Oh, I would have figured you as a "Friends" kind of gal for sure.

And you do own allot of the ones I have there in your list.
Where's your list?

Originally Posted by Don Fishies
Where's your list?
Go Here

At first glance it did appear I have allot of yours. Seems I have only around 50-60 though.

There are a good 20 on my list there I wish I hadn't bought though.

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
nice list Blister but how is that Halloween box set. does it have any extras or is it just the movies Im thinking of finding a copy on ebay and buying it from Europe.
It's mostly just the DVD's that were in the standard releases for each, while a few of the movies have new commentary tracks for them, and it's the 25th Anniversary edition of the first Halloween that's in the set, so great sound and picture....can't remember about the extras for that though, it's been a little while since i've watched (where does all the time go?)

Go Here

At first glance it did appear I have allot of yours. Seems I have only around 50-60 though.

There are a good 20 on my list there I wish I hadn't bought though.
Not too bad a list. I can see where some of those 20 are though (and I'm sure I have more than 20...)

Not too bad a list. I can see where some of those 20 are though (and I'm sure I have more than 20...)
Name me off some of the ones you think are my regrets. I'm just curious.

Name me off some of the ones you think are my regrets. I'm just curious.
I'm thinking

- The Cave
- cry_wolf
- Dukes of Hazard
- The Glass House
- An Innocent Man
- Jaws 2
- Life of David Gale
- Paparazzi
- The Time Machine
- Timecop 2
- The Tuxedo
- Valentine

That's what I'm thinking. I'm a little tired though...

- The Cave.................yes
- cry_wolf..................no, I enjoyed this actually
- Dukes of Hazard.........still havent seen it hehe
- The Glass House..........enjoyed it
- An Innocent Man..........enjoyed it
- Jaws 2................enjoyed it
- Life of David Gale........yes wish I hadn't bought
- Paparazzi.............enjoyed it
- The Time Machine..........it was ok to me so no regrets
- Timecop 2...........yeah not so good. First one I enjoyed though.
- The Tuxedo........um eh it's tolerable
- Valentine..............nope, liked this one also

Yeah I know, I got crappy taste but only 3 out of that list I wish I hadn't bought.

Here are some I wish I hadn't bought:

- 40 Days and 40 Nights
- The Amityville Horror (orig) Remake is much better
- A Beautiful Mind (Only cause it's not a movie I can watch many times over)
- Dawn of the Dead (orig) Loved the Remake a couple years ago
- The Devil's Rejects
- Ginger Snaps 2
- House of Sand and Fog (too depressing)
- It Waits
- The Killing Time (good till the ending)
- Napoleon Dynamite (horrible)
- Schindler's List (good for a rent but not to re-watch)

Well at least I got some of them.

I should have known Napoleon would have been one of them. I had my copy taken from me a while ago, and I never thought to ask for it back just because of how terrible it was.

And while I try my best not to get any "bad" movies, I know that many of the DVDFanatic ones that are sent to me are the weakest in my collection.

Well at least I got some of them.

I should have known Napoleon would have been one of them. I had my copy taken from me a while ago, and I never thought to ask for it back just because of how terrible it was.
Yeah, I heard so much hype about that film, I fell for it and fell hard...........right on my
ugly face.

And while I try my best not to get any "bad" movies, I know that many of the DVDFanatic ones that are sent to me are the weakest in my collection.
What is DVDFanatic and why are they sent to you? You mean you order for them or are they freebies?

What is DVDFanatic and why are they sent to you? You mean you order for them or are they freebies?
DVDFanatic is a website, http://www.dvdfanatic.com, that I write for.

I get sent some of the contest DVDs for free, and a couple of DVDs to review here and there. Recently, I got the short-lived Adventures of Brisco County Jr. Complete Series box set, starring Bruce Campbell, to review. It comes out July 18, so expect the review sometime before then...

DVDFanatic is a website, http://www.dvdfanatic.com, that I write for.

I get sent some of the contest DVDs for free, and a couple of DVDs to review here and there. Recently, I got the short-lived Adventures of Brisco County Jr. Complete Series box set, starring Bruce Campbell, to review. It comes out July 18, so expect the review sometime before then...
Oh ok, cool. And how long have you been writing for that site? What so far is the best dvd you've been sent anways?

Oh ok, cool. And how long have you been writing for that site? What so far is the best dvd you've been sent anways?
Been writing since 2004, I'm the News Editor mostly, posting news constantly. I have done a few reviews though, nothing major.

The coolest DVD I ever reviewed was the "Book of the Dead" version of Evil Dead II, which I still have and which doesn't stink anymore.

The coolest DVD I was ever sent just to watch was the 4-disc Ultimate Box Set for the original Dawn of the Dead.

I did really enjoy reviewing the Wild Things Unrated edition though....

The coolest DVD I ever reviewed was the "Book of the Dead" version of Evil Dead II, which I still have and which doesn't stink anymore.
What do you mean by "which still doesn't stink anymore"? And what made it such a cool dvd to be reviewed? I hope you dont mind me asking all these questions here.
I can be a curious a$$ at times.

I did really enjoy reviewing the Wild Things Unrated edition though....
I only own the regular version there. What extra things were added for the Unrated?

What do you mean by "which still doesn't stink anymore"? And what made it such a cool dvd to be reviewed? I hope you dont mind me asking all these questions here.
I can be a curious a$$ at times.

I only own the regular version there. What extra things were added for the Unrated?
The "Book of the Dead" packaging literally stunk up my living room. It smelt like gasolene. It's the stuff that's it's made of I think that did it.

From my review....

"Made of a plush rubber, the outside feels similar to flesh, or something close to, and screams when you push on the right eye. Unfortunately, the case has a very distinct smell – very close to the stench of gas. It doesn’t smell too bad if the case is far away, but if it’s right next to you, it’ll knock you out."

It was a cool DVD to review because for one, it had the cool packaging, and two, it was a classic Bruce Campbell film that I already owned, so it was something interesting to compare the two side by side, which I've never done before.

Here's a link to the review.
http://www.dvdfanatic.com/review.php?id=evildead2

And as for Wild Things, again, pointing at my review
(which is here http://www.dvdfanatic.com/review.php?id=wildthingsu).

"The main reason anyone would want to buy this movie like I mentioned at the beginning is that it’s unrated. But what’s so unrated about it? Nothing at all is what. The new cut is about seven minutes longer, and basically just adds a few extra scenes to the final cut. There’s more with Murray and Wagner, an extended lesbian pool scene, a whole new scene which basically kills the entire movie and makes it so much more complicated then it really is, and a few extra scene extensions. Nothing really to jump and make you desperate to have the new cut of the film added to your collection. For all those wondering (I know there’s probably many), the infamous threesome scene does not get any extension added to it."

The "Book of the Dead" packaging literally stunk up my living room. It smelt like gasolene. It's the stuff that's it's made of I think that did it.

From my review....

"Made of a plush rubber, the outside feels similar to flesh, or something close to, and screams when you push on the right eye. Unfortunately, the case has a very distinct smell – very close to the stench of gas. It doesn’t smell too bad if the case is far away, but if it’s right next to you, it’ll knock you out."
Ok yeah, I've seen that very cover around in stores. Are you saying they deliberately tried to get those covers to stink like by trying to give it that 'dead' connection to the movie itself? So If I go buy one now, it will have a dreadful aroma to it.

"The main reason anyone would want to buy this movie like I mentioned at the beginning is that it’s unrated. But what’s so unrated about it? Nothing at all is what. The new cut is about seven minutes longer, and basically just adds a few extra scenes to the final cut. There’s more with Murray and Wagner, an extended lesbian pool scene, a whole new scene which basically kills the entire movie and makes it so much more complicated then it really is, and a few extra scene extensions. Nothing really to jump and make you desperate to have the new cut of the film added to your collection. For all those wondering (I know there’s probably many), the infamous threesome scene does not get any extension added to it."
Also you added on that link to your review, it has a few filmographies (boring) along with some trailers. Not even 'A Making of Featurette'. Your right, nothing about that 'Extended' version seems worthwhile in buy.

Ok yeah, I've seen that very cover around in stores. Are you saying they deliberately tried to get those covers to stink like by trying to give it that 'dead' connection to the movie itself? So If I go buy one now, it will have a dreadful aroma to it.
No idea on it being deliberate. It's the rubber itself, it's just weird, and does feel like human flesh. I had heard similar things about the OOP Evil Dead 'Book of the Dead" that was released years ago, so I wasn't all too surprised. But yeah, if you buy it, expect it.

Also you added on that link to your review, it has a few filmographies (boring) along with some trailers. Not even 'A Making of Featurette'. Your right, nothing about that 'Extended' version seems worthwhile in buy.
Not worth it at all. I still have it, but that's because it was a guilty pleasure that I didn't have to buy. I did hawk the horrendous DTV sequel, and just didn't even bother with #3.

Not worth it at all. I still have it, but that's because it was a guilty pleasure that I didn't have to buy.

I did hawk the horrendous DTV sequel, and just didn't even bother with #3.
Yeah, I didnt mind the original but still dont have any interest whatsoever in viewing those last 2 at all.