nat's Movie Log

→ in
Tools    

Dawn of the planet of the apes

I don't normally like remakes but this movie is amazing. Andy serkis plays ceaser really well.

The name Blue Eyes was given to Caesar's son because he is of the first generation to be born without the chemical that changed the rest of the Apes' eyes to green when they were in the laboratory

Star trek

I never liked star trek until I saw this one. Chris pine plays captain T Kirk and just falls into the role. It is a good action movie and worth a watch if you haven't already.

The sound of the automatic doors opening on the U.S.S. Enterprise, is a Russian train's toilet flushing

The prestige

This was my number one favourite film on my list last year. I watched this because hugh Blackman was in it. It's an excellent movie and still draws me in every time.

The Prestige is one of three 2006 films to feature both the topic of magic and magicians as main characters. The other two are The Illusionist (2006) and Scoop (2006), the second of which also stars Hugh Jackman and Scarlett Johansson

The cabin in the woods

This movie started off really cheesy and predictable but then it really got going. It shocked me because It was quite scary until the end then.

The thermal coffee mug/bong was a fully functional mug and bong as portrayed in the film, the prototype of which cost $5000 to make

Gladiator

This is a classic film in my eyes. Russell Crowe plays the main role and makes people believe in everything he's doing. It's very emotional at the end aswell.

Connie Nielsen found the two-thousand-year-old signet ring she wears in the movie in an antique store

Rampage

This movie is awesome. Dwayne Johnson and Jeffery Dean Morgan play their roles really well. If you like movies with massive animal experiments then go ahead and watch.

Both George, the gorilla, and Ralph, the wolf, share their names with their video-game counter-part. The crocodile, who is called Lizzie in the game series, never has its name mentioned

Dial M for murder

I do like a bit of Hitchcock. This is good not great just average for me. I liked rear window better.

Hitchcock's dream cast for this 1954 film included Deborah Kerr, William Holden, and Cary Grant. Kerr and Holden were busy making other films; Grant refused to play a villain, a role Ray Milland was happy to play

Citizen kane

Great ending. Orson welles was great. This is a film that withstands the test of time and is still popular today.

The audience that watches Kane make his speech is, in fact, a still photo. To give the illusion of movement, hundreds of holes were pricked in with a pin, and lights moved about behind it

Paradise lost

Not a bad film but not particularly good either. Tense in some places but nothing scare worthy or even jump worthy.

The people seen in the passport photos in the opening credits montage are all employees of the film company 2929

Eagle eye

This is a fun movie to watch if you like computers trying to kill 3 people. Average movie again.

The film takes place in January because this is when the State of the Union address, key to the plot of the film, is traditionally held every year

Hey everyone. I am going to continue at some point today just had a busy day and just taking some time to myself. Will post some in an hour or so

50 Dead men walking

This is an underrated movie in my opinion. It's well made and well acted.

Its so underrated there is no movie trivia about this movie

The kings speech

This film was only average for me and it dragged in places.

The King's speech, as delivered in the movie, is only two-thirds of the original. The original speech has 407 words; the movie version has 269. Four sentences were deleted and four sentences were shortened

Zero dark Thirty

I really wasn't impressed with this movie. I found it boring. The characters couldn't act. It was a waste of time watching this.

At one point, Tom Hardy, Idris Elba and Guy Pearce were considered for different roles. Hardy was replaced by Mark Strong

Zero Day

The story Two troubled adolescents chronicle the events that ultimately lead up to a terrifying assault on their school.

This movie is amazing and disturbing at the same time. It shows the life of two boys about to shoot up their school. It definitely made me sick at the end. Watch it if you haven't.

Andre an Cal's parents were portrayed by Andre Keuck and Calvin Robertson's real parents. Director Ben Coccio wanted the movie to be as realistic and believable as possible

Hey sorry people I'm discontinuing this thread. I'm deleting my account. People don't trust me enough so I'm sorry for all the things I've done.