Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Unregistered User

I've never been to Ireland. Is that true? @the samoan lawyer, what would You say?

Strange piece of writing! Of course in Ireland we drive cars. We use stock market. Have Japanese food and McDonalds. Not sure about the bad American movies part? Doesn't every country? Millionaires, yes. Tax breaks, probably. Never heard of Paddywood but yes some great films are emerging from here but surely that's a good thing? I find it much much safer here in Ireland than almost anywhere I have been. This country is just like any other in that it has its more notorious areas but so what?
There are parts that the cow is the unit of exchange too
Caught me at a bad time as Im heading home from work so I cant even mention the good parts.

It does however always rain

This is the best country in the world Ms. M. Come over and see for yourself. Ask Cat too!

You'll never beat the Irish.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

There are parts that the cow is the unit of exchange too
Caught me at a bad time as Im heading home from work so I cant even mention the good parts.

It does however always rain

This is the best country in the world Ms. M. Come over and see for yourself. Ask Cat too!

You'll never beat the Irish.
It's kind of old comedy book. I was hoping You find it funny. I choose it coz it's in English
Its make fun rather of tourists who had romantic idea of Ireland and expected to see dunkey after leaving Irish airport. It'only a joke

Yeah, as far as I remember Cat was delighted. I hope I also visit Your country someday

Unregistered User
It's kind of old comedy book. I was hoping You find it funny. I choose it coz it's in English
Its make fun rather of tourists who had romantic idea of Ireland and expected to see dunkey after leaving Irish airport. It'only a joke

Yeah, as far as I remember Cat was delighted. I hope I also visit Your country someday

Yeah Ms. M, make sure you do visit and make sure you let me know when!

Somewhat of a rehash of what we've already read about Diana, but I enjoyed it. What a sad lonely life she led despite all the trappings of wealth & beauty.

Excellent book. Set in the North of England, but would translate well to rural America. Would make an excellent movie.

Started another anthology book this week, Murder Under the Christmas Tree.

My ratings for the first three short stories:

The Necklace of Pearls
by Dorothy L. Sayers — 6.5/10
The Name on the Window by Edmund Crispin — 6.5/10
A Traditional Christmas by Val McDermid — 6/10
Some more from this book:

The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle by Arthur Conan Doyle — 8/10
The Invisible Man by G. K. Chesterton — 6/10
Cinders by Ian Rankin — 4/10
Getting towards the end now, with only two more to go. The last two rated as follows:

Death on the Air
by Ngaio Marsh — 7.5/10
Persons or Things Unknown by Carter Dickson — 4.5/10
Ratings for the last two stories in this collection:

The Case is Altered by Margery Allingham — 6/10
The Price of Light by Ellis Peters – 7.5/10

Helluva good debut novel. Dark, violent, father-daughter incest. All told in a very beautiful poetical way.

Hello. The last book I have read, was online. The novel’s title is My Teenage Nightmare by Badboys4life and it is available on Wattpad. It was a pretty good one, the plot was nice, but it was a bit similar to the first book, named Married To My Teacher. I can give it 8/10. Bye!

Just started with another anthology, Great Horror Stories. I'm reading the tales at random and yesterday went with The Red Room by H. G. Wells. Very good, well-written and scary — 7.5/10.

Just started with another anthology, Great Horror Stories. I'm reading the tales at random and yesterday went with The Red Room by H. G. Wells. Very good, well-written and scary — 7.5/10.
I'll try and read a good few more before posting again but I've just finished The New Sun by J. S. Fletcher. Actually science fiction horror, which was unexpected and welcome. The story is terrifying but tempered slightly by the upper middle class characters and their approach to the threat. Very reminiscent of Arthur Conan Doyle's Professor Challenger tales — 7/10.

Finished 2 this weekend:

Just like movies, I love horror. This one is nothing too original. It's kind of like a sadistic Big Brother. A group of folks volunteer to be placed in a house together for the opportunity to win 1-2 million pounds. Every volunteer has a shady (criminal) past and are forced into competitions (to the death) with each other until only 2 are two left at which time they can either split the 2 million or do one final competition for a winner takes all. Its a fast read, I liked it, it's got some pretty gory stuff, but it's nothing special.

Never read a war biography before. I've seen enough war films but I never saw one about a chopper pilot. Probably why I picked this one. It follows Mark from flight school through his one year tour in Vietnam. It doesn't dwell too much on the politics of the war, although it is discussed from the view of the pilots, but more on the day to day of the Crocs (gunship pilots) - their missions, down time and life in the barracks. If war stories are your thing you could do worse.