The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
@Wyldesyde19

You should watch Ondskan..it has Stellan's second son in it.
I had to look it up as I wasn’t familiar with that title. Turns out I had, but by its English title “Evil”.
This is another that’s on my evergrowing “watch list”.
*sigh*
Too many films.....not enough time 😩

I love seeing pictures of other people's collections. Some of my regular customers at the shows know this, and they like to stop by our table before they leave the show so I can see what treasures they found.
I don't have any pictures of what my collection looked like before I moved out. I couldn't take the statues with me, and my mom only kept the ones she liked the most on display. The ones that were boxed up were eventually sold at a flea market. Hopefully someone enjoyed that find!

I do however have some 10 year old photos where what she kept is visible in the background haha. These are primarily cat pictures though. If you squint, maybe you can make out the ones on the far side haha. The slightly larger blue one on the left was my favourite.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	loki1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	65955   Click image for larger version

Name:	loki2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	65956  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

@ahwell @Citizen Rules @edarsenal @HollowMan @MovieGal @pahaK @rauldc14 @Siddon @Wyldesyde19

Our journey has only just begun, so feel free to continue at your own pace. However a few of us have decided to venture forward, and scout out the roads that lie ahead. It's been just over a week since the quest started, and our adventurers already have 24 reviews posted, and additional material has been provided by our lovely companion @gbgoodies as well.

ahwell - 6/10
Citizen Rules - 3/10
CosmicRunaway - 5/10
edarsenal - 0/10
HolowMan - 0/10
MovieGal - 4/10
pahaK - 3/10
rauldc14 - 0/10
Siddon - 3/10
Wyldesyde19 - 0/10

I recently dispatched ravens to everyone about a potential change to the Hall of Fame. Since I heard back from all but one of you, I'll go ahead and make it official. The path our quest will follow has been altered. The film Peau d'Âne (1970) is no longer part of this HoF. Instead, Christophe Gans' La Belle et la Bête (2014) will take its place. MovieGal has asked that all participants view this film in its original language with subtitles, instead of any dubbed versions that may be available.

La Belle et la Bête (2014)
Directed By: Christophe Gans
Nominated By: MovieGal

~*~
oh F@CK yes!!
Not sure if I was speaking with someone recently at the start of this HoF but I was thinking back on the version Cosmic nominated for the 40s HoF when I saw this on IMDb and remembered being VERY curious about it with the added bonus of Vincent Cassel playing la Bête -- so, I am f@ckin geeked about this being the replacement nomination!!!

I watched DragonHeart today, and I wasn't bothered by any of the stuff that seemed to bother you about it. I didn't even notice the difference in the accents, and CGI never bothers me, unless it's so bad that it looks like a bad cartoon. (TBH, I never understand why CGI bothers people so much, especially in some of the newer movies.) And I've never seen Braveheart, so I didn't even know that there was any kind of connection between the two stories.

I didn't think of it as a kids movie, but maybe that's why the violence didn't bother me too much.

I agree with you about the music score. I rarely even notice the music in movies (that aren't musicals), but for some reason, I kept noticing it in this movie, and I thought it just made the movie even better.

I loved the relationship between Bowen and Draco the dragon. I thought that Dennis Quaid and Sean Connery were both perfectly cast. David Thewlis, Pete Postlethwaite, and Dina Meyer were good, but none of them really stood out to me.

Overall, I thought it was a good movie, but there was just not enough character development to make me care for anyone except Bowen and Draco, and even those two characters were lacking a bit.
WARNING: "SPOILERS about the ending of "DragonHeart"!!!" spoilers below
The last scene with Bowen and Draco was hard to watch, but I'm almost always a crier at movies, and I never felt enough of a connection to Draco for it to make me cry.

However on the plus side, this movie reminded me why I love and collect dragon statues. These are just a few of my dragon statues. (And before someone asks, No, Garfield and Thumper are NOT dragons. )

VERY cool dragons!
That second, purple one looks familiar to one we have at the house. I'll have to double check (at work presently).

Cassel is such a good actor. Most people know him for the Oceans series,
Where he played Toulour, but he’s had a great career in his native France.
seen a number of his films, including La Haine, Brotherhood of the Wolf, The Crimson Rivers where he also starred with Jean Reno whom I love as well, The Messenger; The Story of Joan of Arc, and the VERY intense Mesrine pt 1 & 2.
BIG fan of Cassel.

seen a number of his films, including La Haine, Brotherhood of the Wolf, The Crimson Rivers where he also starred with Jean Reno whom I love as well, The Messenger; The Story of Joan of Arc, and the VERY intense Mesrine pt 1 & 2.
BIG fan of Cassel.
You haven't seen Irreversible ?

I’ve seen it. That scene with Monica Belluci is brutal.
I own the DVD. I like brutal and extreme cinema.

The trick is not minding
I own the DVD. I like brutal and extreme cinema.
Normally I’m fine with it, but I have a soft spot for women abused and such and that scene was rough to watch.
Poor Monica. And she thought her scene in Malena was brutal....

I will likely never see Irreversible for the reasons wyldesyde mentioned.

I will likely never see Irreversible for the reasons wyldesyde mentioned.
Not all films are for everyone. I think of them for what they are, to tell a story. Documentaries are real stories told on celluloid.

The trick is not minding
Full disclosure. I stopped watching after that scene. I plan on rewatching it at some point. But I didn’t really care for it to begin with and that scene pretty much made me quit.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
This list has only proven to me that I don't watch any fantasy movies.

Then I see @MovieGal talking about Irreversible and I'm like "yeah, that convo sounds interesting." Ha ha.

This list has only proven to me that I don't watch any fantasy movies.

Then I see @MovieGal talking about Irreversible and I'm like "yeah, that convo sounds interesting." Ha ha.
So no interest in my nom? For shame!

Full disclosure. I stopped watching after that scene. I plan on rewatching it at some point. But I didn’t really care for it to begin with and that scene pretty much made me quit.
Irreversible is one of the few (maybe even only) film that actually gave me a headache with all of its spinning cameras and flashing lights. I can only imagine what it would do to an epileptic.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
So no interest in my nom? For shame!
The only nominated films I've seen are the LOTR films and I only saw those because I read the books. Like I said previously, I don't watch a lot of fantasy films.

Irreversible is one of the few (maybe even only) film that actually gave me a headache with all of its spinning cameras and flashing lights. I can only imagine what it would do to an epileptic.
I hate spinning cameras. Seen that done in a movie just the other night and it made me feel queasy. I don't even remember the movie just that it made me feel like I was going to puke...and puking wasn't what the scene was about.

The only nominated films I've seen are the LOTR films and I only saw those because I read the books. Like I said previously, I don't watch a lot of fantasy films.
The 23rd general HoF will be starting soon, you should join!