Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

It's reasurring to see that there's at least one designer out there who knows the difference between an apostrophe and a single opening quotation mark. Pet hate of mine .
What do you mean?

Absurdly over-hyped, but quite good. Same storyline as the documentary Homeless: The Motel Kids of Orange County [Florida], but fictionalized. Precocious little girl stars & Willem Dafoe very good.

Storyline a little confusing & hard to follow, at least for me, but a solid movie. Enjoyed it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've wanted to see that. Glad to hear you thought well of it, some have panned it on this thread.

"we should be fighting side by side, fixing the biggest problems." That's how I feel about everything. You know it's like the Pink Floyd song, 'Together we stand, divided we fall....'
Same.. Pink Floyd is also my favorite band!
I saw a silly review of someone saying "Not many great visuals" - I think it bothered both sides who profit from the chaos, hence the low score. After you see it, check out a talk she did afterwards.

What do you mean?
I'll show you:

The first image is the original, which uses an apostrophe to abbreviate 1971. In the second image I've changed it to a single opening quotation mark, which is used in error on a lot on film posters.

On a Mac you type an apostrophe with a key command rather than an individual key, so I'm sure a lot of people just use the quotation mark key for convenience – that's how I think this error has come to be so frequent. The problem is that you'd get the single opening quotation mark first, whereas for the purpose above you'd need the closing as it's identical to an apostrophe.

I thought computer keyboards were the source of this but strangely I've seen some quite old graphic work making the same mistakes.

I take your point - it should be an apostrophe of course - but now I’m confused looking at my iPad keyboard. Which is the apostrophe key & do I have a single quotation mark (rather than a double quotation mark)?

Oh yes, they've separated the single and double quotation mark keys on that layout.

It's okay for normal typing – I use the single quotation mark key to type 'apostrophes' because I know they'll come out the right way round:

It's when you want to abbreviate a word that you have a problem, as it will default to a single opening quotation mark.

Office Space 10/10
Watched at a movie party at an Alamo Drafthouse, even got to smash an old fax machine afterward.

Joy Ride (2001) - John Dahl

- Awesome movie. Entertaining, well acted and thrilling. One of the few movie I'm never tired to watch.

The Old Dark House (1932)

This was directed by James Whale, who has a pretty good resume, and it stars Boris Karloff, Melvyn Douglas, Charles Laughton, and even the woman who would go on to play the old fossil in Titanic. It's a horror with awesome atmosphere and a comedic side. It's an entertaining movie that I probably would have loved if I had seen it when I were younger.

This was directed by James Whale, who has a pretty good resume, and it stars Boris Karloff, Melvyn Douglas, Charles Laughton, and even the woman who would go on to play the old fossil in Titanic. It's a horror with awesome atmosphere and a comedic side. It's an entertaining movie that I probably would have loved if I had seen it when I were younger.
A good little chiller cricket.

The Child
(1977)
for the B-HOF 2 nominated by pahaK

I wont rate until I have seen almost all of them.

Watched The Meg last night. It was fun but some characters were really silly, with lazy writing and some illogical scenes. An average movie. Jason Statham is awesome. Final Rating 6.5/10

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Joy Ride (2001) - John Dahl

- Awesome movie. Entertaining, well acted and thrilling. One of the few movie I'm never tired to watch.
Will need to check this out again. I remember it being a mix of duel and slasher type thrill ride. Saw it when I was maybe 14 - scared me.

Unregistered User
Look Who's Back (2015) -

Incredibles 2 (2018) -

Unsane (2018) -
+
3096 Days (2013) -

Infernal Affairs (2002) -
+
Infernal Affairs 2 (2003) -
+
Infernal Affairs 3 (2003) -

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Have a potato!
The Birth of a Nation -

idk it's kinda racist
I dunno what's the big deal and people freaking out about it being racist. Then again, I rated Triumph of the Will
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Watched The Meg last night. It was fun but some characters were really silly, with lazy writing and some illogical scenes. An average movie. Jason Statham is awesome. Final Rating 6.5/10
I feel like Statham can save anything .

Welcome to the human race...
I dunno what's the big deal and people freaking out about it being racist. Then again, I rated Triumph of the Will
probably has something to do with all the racism