Cat Chat on 97.1 MoFoFM

Tools    

You've always struck us as the id. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn by speaking for the whole of MoFo, but sometimes, you do present as serious and at others, almost dadaist. Do you think it's a bad thing to be split? Are they mutually exclusive, your two halves? Can you get them to work together?
I did say -- in a now DELETED post, of course -- that I am a Dadaist.

I think that is kind of true. Ever since high school, I've been interested in surrealism, Salvador Dali, and the Dada movement. I remember checking out books at the library all about Dada. It fascinated me. There was also a Dada art exhibit near me once, too, that I attended. I was very fortunate to see that. Dada stalks me through my life.

But at the same time, I'd say.... I'm not exactly a Dadaist, of course. I'm just doing my thing, and my thing just happens to be quite messy right now. It used to be more well put together and beautiful. I've had some issues come up in my life that seem to have affected that. Seem to have changed me.

Is it a bad thing to be split? Do they ever work together?

It really feels like I cannot control the crazy side of me. WHO CAN? If people could control the crazy sides of themselves.... we wouldn't have murderers and alcoholics and drug users and you name it. The world WORKS because people cannot control themselves. And that's how I fit in with this.

Deep down, something must be going on with me. Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to get myself banned? Trying to piss off Yoda enough to ban me. It would not surprise me.

Weird that i can get through so easily, thought the phoneline would be jammed by now.
Especially since my call screener is absent tonight.

But wouldn't you consider taking risks a good thing, even if they fail. This is just a thread. I mean both that and things in life. Nothing ventured noting gained, as you saw by the latter thread you mentioned. The former, well, some things don't take off. C'est la vie, no?
I could probably use some counseling in that area. Trying to see things as good, even if I take risks.

I guess I'm not much of a risk taker. Never really have been.

Sometimes you might take a risk -- and lose everything. I can kinda see how my own life knows the truth about that. I have taken risks in life and lost a lot. So I guess I'm just still afraid that I'll lose a lot if I take risks here now. I guess.

Evening everyone. I didn't know we were allowed to chime in, so I have a question for SC.

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

I did say -- in a now DELETED post, of course -- that I am a Dadaist.

I think that is kind of true. Ever since high school, I've been interested in surrealism, Salvador Dali, and the Dada movement. I remember checking out books at the library all about Dada. It fascinated me. There was also a Dada art exhibit near me once, too, that I attended. I was very fortunate to see that. Dada stalks me through my life.
Wow, I didn't know that. We have another thing in common there then.

But at the same time, I'd say.... I'm not exactly a Dadaist, of course. I'm just doing my thing, and my thing just happens to be quite messy right now. It used to be more well put together and beautiful. I've had some issues come up in my life that seem to have affected that. Seem to have changed me.
Everything that happens to you shapes you. How are you processing it? You don't have to list your actual process, but whether it's going well or not so well.

Is it a bad thing to be split? Do they ever work together?
I suppose I'm comparing it to my taming of my inner beast.

It really feels like I cannot control the crazy side of me. WHO CAN? If people could control the crazy sides of themselves.... we wouldn't have murderers and alcoholics and drug users and you name it. The world WORKS because people cannot control themselves. And that's how I fit in with this.
Yes, history and art is full of those who couldn't control themselves.

Deep down, something must be going on with me. Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to get myself banned? Trying to piss off Yoda enough to ban me. It would not surprise me.
Why do you think you'd want to trigger that? Because you can't stay away yourself? Why not just accept you love this place and be here when you can, and absent when you can't? It would take you years of being logged on to delete yourself entirely, unless you developed code and hacked the site.

That would get you banned.

While you think on that, a musical interlude of your choosing. And then a word from the sponsors of your choosing.

Oooooh. Mass shooting at a video game tournament in Florida right now.

Plus, John McCain is dead. I was gonna make a thread about him. There's a lot going on in the world right now.

Oooooh. Mass shooting at a video game tournament in Florida right now.

Plus, John McCain is dead. I was gonna make a thread about him. There's a lot going on in the world right now.
Wow. Are you alright to continue after the music and ad or do you need a moment to process the world right now?

Evening everyone. I didn't know we were allowed to chime in, so I have a question for SC.

Oh come on. Black suits are not really my thing, sweetie.

Wow. Are you alright to continue after the music and ad or do you need a moment to process the world right now?
I need a moment just to reply to ya!

Oh come on. Black suits are not really my thing, sweetie.
Interesting how @honeykid imagined you. I wonder how other MoFos imagine you.

CALL IN, MOFOS, 0800-CATCHATFM and tell us what you think Sexy Celebrity is wearing right now...

Wow, I didn't know that. We have another thing in common there then.
Really? That's awesome. Kudos.

Everything that happens to you shapes you. How are you processing it? You don't have to list your actual process, but whether it's going well or not so well.
First of all, I should mention that I'm eating a hamburger right now. Hopefully it doesn't make me more tutti.

How am I processing what's going on in my life? Great, actually. I've had a "blessing in disguise" as you talked about. But I do feel I've got a lot more work to do.

I suppose I'm comparing it to my taming of my inner beast.
Can I interview you a little bit? What's your inner beast like?

Yes, history and art is full of those who couldn't control themselves.
Absolutely. Maybe that's how the whole universe was created. Maybe God is absolutely crazy and he created us down here during one of his "spells."

Why do you think you'd want to trigger that? Because you can't stay away yourself? Why not just accept you love this place and be here when you can, and absent when you can't? It would take you years of being logged on to delete yourself entirely, unless you developed code and hacked the site.

That would get you banned.
Sometimes I fantasize about this place getting hit with hackers who destroy everything and cause all of my crap to disappear forever. I really do. It really is the only quick way to get rid of everything.

I find.... that I'm not quite proud of what I say years or so later after I've said it.

I'm not my own #1 fan. Not by far. I'M NOBODY IMPORTANT, anyway!

I don't think I truly love this place like I used to. I used to say I'd pay money to be a member here, if there was a subscription you'd have to pay. I wouldn't pay that money now.

I just think that..... internet forums are a dying breed. And this one is no different. People have moved on to things like Twitter and such. There are newer ways to communicate with people on the net. This is an old fashioned thing. There's nothing wrong with it.... but I don't know..... I think it's also a lot of effort to try and build a personality for yourself here. Not everyone can do it. But those that can are the ones who stick around.

...and we're back with Cat Chat on 97.1 MoFo EFFF EMMMMMM with our guest @Sexy Celebrity.

Speaking of how people imagine you dressed, I know you watch a RuPaul's drag race. Have you ever dressed in drag?

CALL IN, MOFOS, 0800-CATCHATFM and tell us what you think Sexy Celebrity is wearing right now...
Hmmm. Tricky. It's Sunday, which is wash day, so this is probable.

However, we all know that sometimes he likes to butch it up and goes full on.

To be totally honest, @honeykid DOES understand how I look. I'm either all nerdy like the first guy, or I'm dressed in snakeskin and fur.

That nerd guy has some hot legs, by the way. I'm a leg guy.

There was a drag queen episode of Blind Date over here a few weeks back. It was pretty good, though I felt a bit for the guy who was choosing as he didn't seem to know that they were drag queens.

First of all, I should mention that I'm eating a hamburger right now. Hopefully it doesn't make me more tutti.
I suspect American burgers and Swedish burgers are very different.

How am I processing what's going on in my life? Great, actually. I've had a "blessing in disguise" as you talked about. But I do feel I've got a lot more work to do.
Just keep at it. Even if you fall down every now and then, you will pick yourself up and carry on. Head high. QUEEN. *finger snap*

Can I interview you a little bit? What's your inner beast like?
Sure.

Well, apparently it actually is stronger than I am normally. Physically. I destroyed a door in a rage and don't remember it. By PULLING it, not slamming it. When I can control it, it's awesome. I get a lot done, and I don't need sleep or food, and my boyfriend describes me as the most resilient person he's ever met. I uh...have no opinion on that. I just carry on. But often everything's a race, even going to pee. My best friend's a guy and he curses every time we're in a pub and I go to pee. He says it's literally a moment.
And I've noticed races entice the beast.

When out of control, my beast can really destroy things. But I have a handle on it now, I think. I know I'll fall down every now and then in future, but I'm ok with that. In check, it's useful.

Absolutely. Maybe that's how the whole universe was created. Maybe God is absolutely crazy and he created us down here during one of his "spells."

Sometimes I fantasize about this place getting hit with hackers who destroy everything and cause all of my crap to disappear forever. I really do. It really is the only quick way to get rid of everything.

I find.... that I'm not quite proud of what I say years or so later after I've said it.

I'm not my own #1 fan. Not by far. I'M NOBODY IMPORTANT, anyway!

I don't think I truly love this place like I used to. I used to say I'd pay money to be a member here, if there was a subscription you'd have to pay. I wouldn't pay that money now.

I just think that..... internet forums are a dying breed. And this one is no different. People have moved on to things like Twitter and such. There are newer ways to communicate with people on the net. This is an old fashioned thing. There's nothing wrong with it.... but I don't know..... I think it's also a lot of effort to try and build a personality for yourself here. Not everyone can do it. But those that can are the ones who stick around.
Yes, but you hate Twitter. And well, there's another factor to your coming back here. There's maybe two people you would add to another more modern thing. So you come back here because that's where the rest of us are.

So I kind of call bull****. Kind of.

I feel like I'm answering questions for the Survivor Q&A.

When you and I were final two for Survivor 9.