The Zone of Interest (2023)

Tools    

Horrible English. Should be ďor SEEN the smoke & ashĒ.
You can be forgiven for the grammatical lapse. Just get it right the next time.

A quick look on Google says that it's out in June.
It's actually going to come out in about a month, and it's available exclusively from the A24 website.

It's actually going to come out in about a month, and it's available exclusively from the A24 website.

So I see. A24 seems to think that I also need a bunch of accessories from The Lighthouse including "Seaman's Soap" and Wickie Oil, whatever the heck THAT is.

OK...latest chapter in this drama. I just checked, this moment, on Amazon and the movie is there in a DVD and Blue Ray version, however, "This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia."

That proviso covers and awful lot of potential purchasers. I'd love to know what the narrative is on this. It IS streamable on Amazon Prime with a 6$ rent or a 20$ "Buy". The accompanying "Customers Also Watched" has its first three movies as movies about nazis, including Hitler's Children, interviews with kids of well known nazis.

What the heck is going on here.

OK...latest chapter in this drama. I just checked, this moment, on Amazon and the movie is there in a DVD and Blue Ray version, however, "This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia."
It's not very hard (or expensive) to get a player that can handle all regions.

It's not very hard (or expensive) to get a player that can handle all regions.
I'll probably just wait a while. Sooner or later, whatever is going on here will probably resolve. It is a strange story and I'm as interested in the machinations as I am in the movie.

Sooner or later, whatever is going on here will probably resolve.
What's to resolve? It's gonna be an A24 exclusive here in the US, and it is also available from other countries but those are region-locked.

Once A24 makes a movie available on disc exclusively through their website, it isn't going to get any other release, at least domestically.

Here's the Variety scuttlebutt; it seems as though political statements, right or wrong, have a way of blowing back in the face of the person making the statement. You're probably safer at just thanking the Academy, especially since rich producers, directors and actors identifying with the oppressed in front of an audience of similarly well-dressed celebrities does come off as cringeworthy, self-inflating and opportunistic, a "let them eat cake" kind of statement - https://variety.com/2024/film/news/j...er-1235944880/

I had already read about that, I just don't see any evidence that conclusively proves that's got to do anything with the home video release. A24 has released a lot of its movies exclusively through their website, it's not like this is anything new.

That proviso covers and awful lot of potential purchasers. I'd love to know what the narrative is on this. It IS streamable on Amazon Prime with a 6$ rent or a 20$ "Buy". The accompanying "Customers Also Watched" has its first three movies as movies about nazis, including Hitler's Children, interviews with kids of well known nazis.

What the heck is going on here.
You need a multi-region dvd player. Not expensive at all.

You need a multi-region dvd player. Not expensive at all.
I don't think I'm going to buy a new player to see one movie. My guess is that A 24 will have to decide whether they want people to see their movies. Telling them that they need a new player is probably not the best way to do that. At some point I will probably stream it, but right at this moment, having known a couple people who were actually there and with nobody in my house who wants to see it, a Holocaust movie is low on my list.

I don't get the whole A 24 thing if that's what it is. I do have a regular copy of The Lighthouse and it works fine. It also seems as though there's some seriously acrimonious conflict between Glazer and some Hollywood insiders due to his Oscar comments. I have no idea how all that will play out.

The trick is not minding
Iím going to see if my local movie rental has a copy. I canít see how it wonít get a physical release for region A, no matter the controversy.

I canít see how it wonít get a physical release for region A, no matter the controversy.
Why do y'all keep on going as though the movie isn't getting released in the US? Already posted that it's coming out next month

The trick is not minding
Why do y'all keep on going as though the movie isn't getting released in the US? Already posted that it's coming out next month
Settle down, thatís not what is happening here