Do you have a spending problem?

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
....Right now we are looking for a carpenter to rebuild our very dangerous front steps that are wooden & falling apart. Do you think I can find a carpenter? Nooooooooo! I am now guessing that all carpenters are very busy in the summer plus the fact that my job would be considered a small job that nobody wants to be bothered with. Walked past a house today that has brand-new wooden front steps. Ugh, thatís what I need & want...
Our front and back steps and porch is wooden and falling apart too...and that's my next project to rebuild both of them which I'll do myself.

Our front and back steps and porch is wooden and falling apart too...and that's my next project to rebuild both of them which I'll do myself.
Same. Back steps have fallen apart & 3-season porch has a huge hole in the roof. We canít use this room at all.

Husband built all these things, but cannot do it right now. If we canít find a carpenter, we will have to wait until he can do it.

It was so much easier when I lived in a Manhattan apartment when someone else did all the maintenance & it wasnít my problem.

Ugh, I HATE calling people on the phone. The thought fills me with dread. Making appointments? Iíd rather not.

Right now we are looking for a carpenter to rebuild our very dangerous front steps that are wooden & falling apart. Do you think I can find a carpenter? Nooooooooo! I am now guessing that all carpenters are very busy in the summer plus the fact that my job would be considered a small job that nobody wants to be bothered with. Walked past a house today that has brand-new wooden front steps. Ugh, thatís what I need & want.

PS We did interview one guy recommended by a doctor friend. He turned up, was quite nice, but never heard from again. So frickin rude!
I hear this all the time. Especially the part about contractors not wanting any small jobs. Yet, I constantly see advertising for "handy man" or someone willing to do "odd jobs" and even with the text: "no job too small." But apparently, no one can get a hold of these people or they're too overbooked to take on more work. Weird, isn't it?

Only one what? Only one calculator watch; no, I had two, this one and a tacky (fake) gold one.. only one watch; no, I have too many.. only one calculator; no..
What I meant by my post was, I can count therefore I don't have a spending problem or debts..

I hear this all the time. Especially the part about contractors not wanting any small jobs. Yet, I constantly see advertising for "handy man" or someone willing to do "odd jobs" and even with the text: "no job too small." But apparently, no one can get a hold of these people or they're too overbooked to take on more work. Weird, isn't it?
Weird & annoying.

Actually a friend told me yesterday that Home Depot does all kinds of work. Their website is humungous, but I found the carpentry section & what we need is called a stairway. (Who knew?) Will have to drop off here, phone them & see if someone will come out & take a look.

Both my wife and I are frugal with our money. Each of us work and make decent wages but she is by far the more stricter one on spending, except when ordering Chinese food. Each month we put aside money for savings, stocks and bonds. We generally try and stay more conservative with our investments (no high risk areas). We own our home so no mortgage payments. Hoping that in the end we both can retire comfortably. I will say this. I USED to have a gambling issue. Mainly it was roulette using the martingale system which is pretty solid for gambling. Despite usually coming home with a profit my wife made me give it up. She despised the risk I was taking each night.

Both my wife and I are frugal with our money. Each of us work and make decent wages but she is by far the more stricter one on spending, except when ordering Chinese food. Each month we put aside money for savings, stocks and bonds. We generally try and stay more conservative with our investments (no high risk areas). We own our home so no mortgage payments. Hoping that in the end we both can retire comfortably. I will say this. I USED to have a gambling issue. Mainly it was roulette using the martingale system which is pretty solid for gambling. Despite usually coming home with a profit my wife made me give it up. She despised the risk I was taking each night.
Youíre mortgage-free so thatís an accomplishment. I paid off ours & I love the feeling of owning our house & land completely free of a bank.

Of course, I also have this problem. I want to buy a lot of things, but my salary doesn't allow me to. I need to save up a little bit.