Vegan Pizza: My Review

Tools    

Do they include Butter Chicken on those vegetarian pizza lists? I mean Butter Chicken isnt even Indian - it was an accident of birth - so I guess it's OK to pretend chickens are tofu.
butter chicken is indian . it was invented in india's capital delhi . read more---

In his new home in Delhi, Gujral founded a new restaurant, Moti Mahal, in Daryaganj. The refrigeration facilities or lack of thereof at that time led to Gujral having to innovate again to avoid wastage, especially that of the unsold tandoori tikkas. He deduced that a tomato gravy, lush in butter and cream, would soften his leftover chicken and served it as such. The combination proved to be a masterstroke and thus, by accident or an act of genius, the butter chicken was born.
https://www.thebetterindia.com/75100...an-lal-gujral/

Omni's a Vegan they are referring to this quote as insulting i believe:
Do vegans have any functioning neurons?
Oh. I had no idea he was a vegan.
Would it make any difference to your behavior? Cause I'd rather people insult me to my face, quite honestly.

Originally Posted by Dani8
The only good vegan is one who doesnt jump at the chance to let everyone know they are vegan
That's a funny trope, really funny, but I'm willing to bet that it's not that they inform you of their views which gets under your skin, but that their views implicitly challenge how your view yourself.

why make a scene about it.
Why indeed.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Nah. It's just the condescending attitude and judging lectures. My cousin is a loverly poster child of that.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Would it make any difference to your behavior? Cause I'd rather people insult me to my face, quite honestly.

That's a funny trope, really funny, but I'm willing to bet that it's not that they inform you of their views which gets under your skin, but that their views implicitly challenge how your view yourself.

Why indeed.
Oh give me a break. You know full well I wasnt insulting you. That question was made for newkirk's lemmings but take it out of context if it suits your purposes.And that's a trope, is it? Wow. I had no idea. And how is the way I view myself being challenged? Ever see me telling people they shouldnt eat animals and go and dump graphic pamphlets in the hands of little kids at school trying to turn them against their mothers for making them eat their dinner, or trying to get myself on the FBI terrorism watchlist for extremism? If it calms you a little, come over for a vegan meal. I cook them frequently. Deary me.

It aint pizza if it don't got some MILK IN THE DOUGH and MEAT ON THE TOP!!!!!

And that's a trope, is it? Wow. I had no idea.
Didn't you though?

Originally Posted by Dani8
And how is the way I view myself being challenged? Ever see me telling people they shouldnt eat animals and go and dump graphic pamphlets in the hands of little kids at school trying to turn them against their mothers for making them eat their dinner,
Call me subversive.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegan Tell.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	426.7 KB
ID:	41837  

Thanks for posting but I cant read that. Sorry to waste your time.

There are much more important things in the world than wasting my energy on your sneakily subversive attempt to flame bait over a vegan pizza BBQ, but I hope you digested it well enough, omni, and good news you didnt burn yourself to death over a kitchen fire.

There are much more important things in the world than wasting my energy on your sneakily subversive attempt to flame bait over a vegan pizza BBQ,
It's my fault you rolled up with a laundry list of hateful stereotypes?

@Omnizoa what's some Vegan foods you'd tell non-vegans to check out?

I've got some suggestions but i eat meat so that's obviously dumb and awful.
Uhhh... I dunno, it's not like vegans eat anything special. The only things non-vegans wouldn't eat are generally vegan approximations of what they already eat.

It's my fault you rolled up with a laundry list of hateful stereotypes?
Do you have a methane repository where you keep your arsenal of bait for weekends when you are so bored? Yeah, no, but so long and thanks for all the fish. Surely there's a knitting group for you to go to and terrorise the kindly old ladies? Ta Ta.

Uhhh... I dunno, it's not like vegans eat anything special. The only things non-vegans wouldn't eat are generally vegan approximations of what they already eat.
Think this demonstrates that Omni is a terrible spokesman for Veganism so we should all stop treating him as one.

Omni is a long time Vegan that will answer any of your questions about it though, so maybe they should be treated as a valuable source of information...i dunno

@Camo I was never one of those people who got big into cooking or gardening, so I'm really not the sort of person to pitch recipes or anything.
Trying Vegan Food has definitely resulted in my highest spit out ratio, but i've also found some delicious stuff. Always in its own way, Vegan "chicken" Wings are delicious at least the ones i had, but in their own right not as a replacement for Chicken Wings. Obviously i continued eating Chicken Wings right after that but i'm just saying i didn't think of that as a good replacement and didn't really understand why it was advertized as such. Was really tasty anyway.

Think this demonstrates that Omni is a terrible spokesman for Veganism so we should all stop treating him as one.

Omni is a long time Vegan that will answer any of your questions about it though, so maybe they should be treated as a valuable source of information...i dunno
I learned a lot here so far -
I learned that just because pizza has veggies on top, it still isn't vegan.
I learned that vegans eat fungi.
I learned Omni's not a fan of tofu.
I learned that Honey is not vegan because some people are mean to bees.
I learned that we shouldn't be consuming oils anyway.
I learned half of India eats veg pizzas.
I learned the definition of veganism.
I learned that John Cleese is still funny (Goood-a-Niiiight a-ding-ding-ding-ding!)
I learned "butter chicken" is Indian.
I learned there are Vegan Tropes.
I learned "It aint pizza if it don't got some MILK IN THE DOUGH and MEAT ON THE TOP!!!!!"
I learned that the food pyramid and pizza are the same thing.

I learned a lot here so far -
I learned that just because pizza has veggies on top, it still isn't vegan.
I learned that vegans eat fungi.
I learned Omni's not a fan of tofu.
I learned that Honey is not vegan because some people are mean to bees.
I learned that we shouldn't be consuming oils anyway.
I learned half of India eats veg pizzas.
I learned the definition of veganism.
I learned that John Cleese is still funny (Goood-a-Niiiight a-ding-ding-ding-ding!)
I learned "butter chicken" is Indian.
I learned there are Vegan Tropes.
I learned "It aint pizza if it don't got some MILK IN THE DOUGH and MEAT ON THE TOP!!!!!"
I learned that the food pyramid and pizza are the same thing.
Pretty much none of this is true.

I just put my mostly vegan pizza into the oven. Which means all those little innocent yeast are going to die But what the hell, yeast makes pizza dough rise...and yeast makes beer good! But not the same yeast. OK that's it for now.

I just put my mostly vegan pizza into the oven. Which means all those little innocent yeast are going to die But what the hell, yeast makes pizza dough rise...and yeast makes beer good! But not the same yeast. OK that's it for now.
It's okay, yeast are fungi.

There's this hilarious mushroom I hang out with - he's such a fun guy!