Vegan Pizza: My Review

Tools    

Slimey little sucker, isnt it. Have you ever decided how strange it is that vegans buy faux food made of things like tofu and kitty litter in an attempt to starve out New York Cut eaters by buying anything labelled 'sausage', 'rissole' 'meatball', steak', 'snitzel'? Bizarre.
The greater the demand, the greater the supply, the greater the competition with actual meat products. Plus the price'll go down.

Main reason is most people are hung up on taste.

Originally Posted by Dani8
And while they're busy sitting on their high horsies (Oh how Ingrid Newkirk would loathe them for using animals for human entertainment) they forgot to check whether palm oil was used in the manufacture of their faux meal
Shouldn't be consuming oils anyway.

because they didnt have enough brain cells to count how many fingers they had.
If I included a teaspoon of oil in every meal I ever ate, I would still contribute less to environmental destruction than somebody who eats a burger once a week.

Honey is also anti vegan so remind the vegan next time you see them shoveling a honey sour dough bagel down their throat while sitting on a crappy, uncomfortable milk crate to look uber hipster, and smashing an avocado that cost their weekly pay packet.
Think they get enough protein?

*sends a favourite food with Tofu*
I don't like whole tofu. I don't like whole tomatos either, but I included tomato stuff.

That's interesting. I never knew vegans had a "beef" with honey!
I went vegan for the bees.

Originally Posted by Captain Steel
Honey could be considered an animal by-product, but at the same time it could not be. It is because it's made by bees, but it doesn't come directly from the insects' bodies (like milk comes from mammals), the insects simply collect it from plants and process it inside a honeycomb into honey.

I'm calling vegans on this one because honey is plant matter. It shouldn't be off their diet just because it's handled by bees. It would be like a vegan saying they couldn't eat an apple I gave them because I, a human, picked it off a tree, then washed it with my human hands, under a spiggett of water that went through a human-built water sterilization plant - thus the apple was no longer vegan-applicable.
Would you be fond of having the roof ripped off your house periodically only to have a giant hand reach into your kitchen and rip the pantry out?

You can't win an argument just by being right!

If I included a teaspoon of oil in every meal I ever ate, I would still contribute less to environmental destruction than somebody who eats a burger once a week.
Tell that to an orangutan.

Back to bees, you have to question the mental health of anyone who listens to the poor excuse for a primate that left instructions in her Will for the skin and flesh from her arse to be made into a lampshade, right? That media slut (her words, not mine) . She needs to keep her slatternly ways to herself. I dont know where that arse has been. No doubt on a leather lounge. Do vegans have any functioning neurons? Debatable, except for Sarah. She's a nice lady (said in Mark Warlberg's voice).

Ingrid is lacking opposable thumbs so I give you her instructions on factory farmed bees. How did she morph from one who does not have opposable thumbs? Easy. She sliced them off while butchering puppies and kittens every morning before work. Just ask her.

Yes folks, the great white Ingrid is a puppy and kittie killer, including sea kitties. Remember that unhinged campaign?

Back to bees and how to be an irritating vegan

https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/...-eating-honey/

Vegans frt, a lot! And they smell bad. And they eat babies.

come to india . half the population is vegetarian and eats veg pizzas only . they will teach you make several different types of veg pizzas .

come to india . half the population is vegetarian and eats veg pizzas only . they will teach you make several different types of veg pizzas .
Vegan Pizzas are a lot different from Vegetarian Pizza's.

I went vegan for the bees.

Would you be fond of having the roof ripped off your house periodically only to have a giant hand reach into your kitchen and rip the pantry out?
Is that the reason that honey is not vegan, Omni? That getting honey is mean to bees?

Here's the thing: I tend to think (based on observation) that insects don't really get frustrated (if they did, they might be apt to give up, go on vacation, take sick days, seek out a different occupation or retire).

Sure they're living things, but it seems they are almost 100% instinct - basically like robots carrying out their programming. Since most honey is harvested by beekeepers, the bees are not harmed (in fact their well-being is the beekeeper's priority) and only disturbed momentarily to have their filled honeycomb replaced with the screen for a new one which they continue building as they do mindlessly for their whole lives whether the honey is taken or not. So I get the sense that bees don't really care when their honey is taken when all they do is work to make more.

Of course they are also driven by instinct to defend the nest - this I believe is not for personal reasons (this land belonged to our ancestors!) but for practicality against animals that would destroy it in the wild to get the honey - it's just a matter of energy dispensation as workers now have to be devoted to repairing the nest.

Last post written before reading the article Dani linked.

The only beekeepers I've seen in documentaries and such usually make care for the insects and sustaining the security of the hive a priority, but I guess in all industries there are those whose focus is on mass production and the bottom line at all costs. (But ultimately, mistreating your workers - whether insect or human - will always backfire.)

Do they include Butter Chicken on those vegetarian pizza lists? I mean Butter Chicken isnt even Indian - it was an accident of birth - so I guess it's OK to pretend chickens are tofu.

Tell that to an orangutan.
I don't eat orangutans either.

Back to bees, you have to question the mental health of anyone who listens to the poor excuse for a primate that left instructions in her Will for the skin and flesh from her arse to be made into a lampshade, right?
...who are you talking about?

That media slut (her words, not mine) .
OH, Ingrid Newkirk. Right, god empress of all vegans.

She needs to keep her slatternly ways to herself. I dont know where that arse has been. No doubt on a leather lounge. Do vegans have any functioning neurons?
You know, your iMDB friends were quite insistent that I was the antagonist in their midst, yet... I dunno, is it just me or do you sound a teeny tiny bit insulting?

Back to bees and how to be an irritating vegan

Vegans frt, a lot! And they smell bad. And they eat babies.
Clearly I ALONE am at fault here for engaging the topic. People often tell me that I come across the wrong way, I am so so sorry, I did not in any way mean to offend.

Is that the reason that honey is not vegan, Omni? That getting honey is mean to bees?
The term "vegan" was coined by The Vegan Society, who defines it as:

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

Much as it calls it a "way of living", I detest it's portrayal as a "lifestyle". I consider it an ethical stance.

Here's the thing: I tend to think (based on observation) that insects don't really get frustrated (if they did, they might be apt to give up, go on vacation, take sick days, seek out a different occupation or retire).

Sure they're living things, but it seems they are almost 100% instinct - basically like robots carrying out their programming.
As opposed to...?

Since most honey is harvested by beekeepers, the bees are not harmed (in fact their well-being is the beekeeper's priority) and only disturbed momentarily to have their filled honeycomb replaced with the screen for a new one which they continue building as they do mindlessly for their whole lives whether the honey is taken or not.
While it is frequently disputing how many bees get killed and on what farms, my issue with it comes simply from the fact that they are commodified.

So I get the sense that bees don't really care when their honey is taken when all they do is work to make more.
So it would seem to anyone at a distance. If you stole somebody's money, would they continue to work to make more money, or would they give up?

The term "vegan" was coined by The Vegan Society, who defines it as:

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

Much as it calls it a "way of living", I detest it's portrayal as a "lifestyle". I consider it an ethical stance.

As opposed to...?

While it is frequently disputing how many bees get killed and on what farms, my issue with it comes simply from the fact that they are commodified.

So it would seem to anyone at a distance. If you stole somebody's money, would they continue to work to make more money, or would they give up?
I have no proof for my opinions on insects. I just think we do a lot of anthropomorphizing when it comes to animals. I don't think their relationship to pain or discomfort or worry or even concepts like past and present are the same as ours. I think a lot of our reactions to these things is dictated by our psychology and ability to conceive of probabilities & potentialities.

I remember reading about feral children's reaction (or lack thereof) to cold - that they'd run out of a house naked into snow without any qualms. This seems to indicate that the average person's reaction to finding themself naked in the snow is largely a combination of learned reactions & psychology than physical perception.

I have no proof for my opinions on insects. I just think we do a lot of anthropomorphizing when it comes to animals.
This rather implies that sentience is a uniquely human characteristic.

I don't think their relationship to pain or discomfort or worry or even concepts like past and present are the same as ours.
They probably vary in slight and significant ways. But you have to ask yourself: If any one of these traits were present in a human, would it justify treating that human in the same way?

Take for example, relationship to pain. There are some people incapable of sensation as result of spinal damage and birth defects. Is it just to commodify them provided they meet this criteria?

I think a lot of our reactions to these things is dictated by our psychology and ability to conceive of probabilities & potentialities.
I think our treatment of other animals is a product of our failure to exercise this ability.

I certainly don't condone cruelty toward animals (and yet I eat meat - kind of a contradiction).

Is the lion that hunts down and eats a gazelle cruel - probably not by our definition, and arguments could be made that he has no alternative to his dietary choices, which we do.

The question of sentience makes me wonder - should vegans be eating fungi?

We don't justify treating humans in the same way which is why we don't eat each other - yet we constantly engage in hurting & killing each other anyway. (Universally, a huge waste of protein).

The circle of life is perplexing... since meat turns into plant food (not directly, but through a process), so plants end up consuming the remains of meat, and vegans will eat plants, but won't eat meat. However you cut it, all life plays its role as a middle-man in the circle.

I'm just babbling at this point!

I certainly don't condone cruelty toward animals (and yet I eat meat - kind of a contradiction).

Is the lion that hunts down and eats a gazelle cruel - probably not by our definition,
I would say so, but even if we were to grant it as cruel, it pales in comparison to humans.

The question of sentience makes me wonder - should vegans be eating fungi?
You know any sentient fungi?

The circle of life is perplexing... since meat turns into plant food (not directly, but through a process), so plants end up consuming the remains of meat, and vegans will eat plants, but won't eat meat. However you cut it, all life plays its role as a middle-man in the circle.
You joke about protein, but while protein is a myth continually ripped from it's grave, Vitamin B12 is a legitimate concern for vegans in a modern context. It originates from bacteria in the soil accumulated from dead organisms, but modern industrial agriculture scours it from our fruits and vegetables resulting in a tendency for nutritionally uninformed vegans to become deficient in it. The only reason non-vegans worry about it less is because they consume animal products which, curiously, aren't sanitized in the same way...

But in any case, my point is to emphasize that the popular strawman of veganism as a feeble attempt to be perfect or do no harm is unrealistic. It's simply a concerted effort to enforce our already accepted moral norms consistently.

I don't eat orangutans either.

...who are you talking about?

OH, Ingrid Newkirk. Right, god empress of all vegans.

You know, your iMDB friends were quite insistent that I was the antagonist in their midst, yet... I dunno, is it just me or do you sound a teeny tiny bit insulting?

Clearly I ALONE am at fault here for engaging the topic. People often tell me that I come across the wrong way, I am so so sorry, I did not in any way mean to offend.
Who am I supposedly insulting? I wish people would let me know before hand so I could kit myself out in my battle garb, put on my war paint and flounce around with a feather boa.. As for my 'friends', I had one friend from the better call saul board on imdb who invited me here. I had never heard of this place and wanted a new forum before the amazonian boat sank where we could discuss BCS and movies. I have no idea if he accused you of anything at all, if at all. Sorry about that but he rarely comes here these days. He and I discuss BCS; If you have something to say to him about something I'm not privvy to, take it up there if he drops by. I'm not a go between for anyone but myself, Omni. And from wha tI have seen of you in the little time I've been here, I doubt you can be insulted anyway, even by the best of them. My comments on this thread are about the hater of human kind called Ingrid On The FBI Terrorism Watch List Look At me I'm A Vegan Newkirk who would not approve of your vegan pizza unless you opened your wallet and gave her some money. And I have absolutely no idea who or what or why 'people' tell you how you come across to them .I make my own observations about people. If people often tell you that as you claim then I dunno, that's your business, not mine. I'm not offended so I'm quite confused what you feel the need to apologise about.

So what was on your vegan pizza that was so important it needed a thread of it's own? Exotic truffels fromthe north eastern slope of Kanchenjunga or Machapuchare by any chance? Did you have vegan wine or beer to go with it? Do tell.

Omni's a Vegan they are referring to this quote as insulting i believe:
Oh. I had no idea he was a vegan. Was I supposed to know somehow by osmosis or crystal ball? OK so I see now why he thought I was rude. I should have said vegans who bash others over the head with half a lentil burger and some limp lettuce to shove their agenda down their throat. He never has to me obviously, because I wasnt aware of his lifestyle choices. The only good vegan is one who doesnt jump at the chance to let everyone know they are vegan (unless I invite them for dinner in which case I expect to be told so I can cater to their diet), the same for carnivores and omnivores. Dont jump up and down making a big deal as if their choices are impacted upon by someone having a different diet and I wont make judgment calls on their inability to engage their brain cell b4efore opening their mouths.

I retract my comment about me coming across as rude. I just reread that part of my post. If he decided to have his feels hurt by taking the neuron comment out of context then I cant helpthat. It wouldnt have mattered how I phrased it, he still would have chosen to feel insulted. /Sure I could have clarified my comment was about Newkirk's followers but I'm pretty sure he is bright enough to have known that so why make a scene about it. Beats me.