All Your List Are Belong To Us: The MoFo Video Games Countdown

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
We're not going to need to group games by series either. One particular Pokemon seems to rule all the other Pokepeople.
I sorta poked my selections into 'fave of the series' too, bet lotsa people went that way. Made for more spaces

The People's Republic of Clogher
When can we expect it to start?
Still shootin' for Monday. Whether it'll be more than a top 50, well, that'll need to be decided pretty soon. I reckon there'll be over individual 500 entries from 30-odd lists - I'm about half way through and have already listed 300 - but can't see much beyond a viable top 30 without massive amounts of ties.

Still shootin' for Monday. Whether it'll be more than a top 50, well, that'll need to be decided pretty soon. I reckon there'll be over individual 500 entries from 30-odd lists - I'm about half way through and have already listed 300 - but can't see much beyond a viable top 30 without massive amounts of ties.
Are you saying Space Quest 2 isn't making the list...?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Are you saying Space Quest 2 isn't making the list...?
No comment.

Sooo, what are people's predictions for a top five? I've got 10 more lists to add and the whole thing is actually looking pretty legit.

I'm proud of you all!

We can do a top 50!

I've got the finished list hidden somewhere on the Deep Web - Buzzfeed would pay a fortune for it.
Awesome. I can't wait for this!!!

I honestly have no idea what the top 5 will be but I'll give it a shot:

1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Donkey Kong
3. Fallout 4
4. Pokemon Blue
5. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

After this we're doing best theme tunes right?

If we do tiers reckon I can get this to joint 125th...

1. Zelda: OOT
2. FF7
3. Half Life 2
4. SotC
5. Dark Souls

(I also really want to put an Elder Scrolls game there too, but I think the audience might be just divided enough)

I do think there'll be a lot of platform funneling though. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a near sweep by older console games (like 2 or 3 Mario titles, a couple Zelda, +FF7 or something) or a reversal of that and a near sweep of the top tier PC games (HL2, HL1, Deus Ex, a couple Elder Scrolls games).

I'm betting the "shock" of the list will be what games DON'T make it. Like a few games that we mutually agree should appear on a list, but it just happened that not many of us actually played it. Like a Starcraft:Broodwar, System Shock 2, Deus Ex type of game.

I think I agree with Slappy's top two. I think there'll be a lot of shocks in the top 10, though.

I think Skyrim'll be pretty high up. Maybe Portal.

I think Skyrim'll be pretty high up. Maybe Portal.
**** I forgot Portal!

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, I think I forgot Half Life 2 too...