Phart-House - Your Recommendations

Tools    

Ok, recent discussions got me experimenting... and thanks to @Chypmunk we have a name for it.

• Stick a DVD or Blu-Ray on
  • Turn the television colour completely down till it's B&W
  • Flick the language setting on the disc to French, Italian, German or whatever language works best with the movie or a language you don't speak
  • Finally, put the subtitles on English

I'm currently watching Star Trek (2009) in French...
Seriously, this is like watching something from Luc Besson.
I've not laughed so much at a film I've already seen before

You have to do it first... then recommend which movies do and don't work, what languages and so on. Experiment...

So... recommend your Phart-House movies

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I cant watch dubbed movies. Sorry rattus, I;m out.

But it will be like Shaolin Soccer with EVERY FILLUM!!!!
When I ws a kid we went to Jpan. I watched a Jerry Lewis movie dubbed in jpanese. Terrible!

When I ws a kid we went to Jpan. I watched a Jerry Lewis movie dubbed in jpanese. Terrible!
I'm 100% with you on that one - I once watched a Jerry Lewis movie in English and that was terrible as well

The Star Trek reboot is already Phart-House.
Just watch the original Wrath of Khan and then watch Into Darkness (where Spock has to literally call up Leonard Nimoy from the original movie to ask him how to fight Khan - I kid you not!)

I'm 100% with you on that one - I once watched a Jerry Lewis movie in English and that was terrible as well
Boom Boom!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Phart-house, eh? That's a weird thing you're into, @The Rodent, but to each their own, I guess.

Ozu's Good Morning has fart jokes. Also, Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead has farts in it, and much more than just farts, mind you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Netflix doesn't have Alien: Resurrection, so I decided to try it with The Chronicles of Riddick instead. I set my color theme to greyscale, and put it in German language. It's perfect. They just called the Lord Marshal, "Fuhrer."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This sounds RIGHT up my alley, excuse the mental imagery... but I don't have a player at the moment and suddenly I am sad.
You don't have a DVD player? Damn, I'll send one over to ya.

Suspect's Reviews