Brought somebody home.

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
And I thought you eventually brought a girl home and wanted to congratulate you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Well I've just had one of the filthiest days of my life, I don't think I'll ever wash the sin out. After the last 11 hours I think I'm gonna descend fully-clothed into a cold bath, but first...
No one else found this intriguing?
What's all this about then?

This quote, in this context, is like a perfect mashup of this:
I don't even have to see either video to know exactly what you're talking about.

I dont know Omni, if the birds still not even able to stand....
Oh, it can stand well enough to jump out of my hands and run away from me, it just keeps winding up on it's back when it tries to jump out of the box and it can't roll over most of the time.

Originally Posted by TONGO
Give a phone call to a vets office, and see if one will give you some free advice on a wild bird. They may say since it doesnt have any ability to properly move itself, in any capacity, then to put it down.
Which is exactly why I'm reluctant to do so.

OMG Do you have something Satanic planned for that poor bird.

I reasoned that keeping it in a shallow covered box while I make noises and occasionally pop in must freak it the hell out so I decided to make a different home with taller walls and a way to look out so he can grow accustomed to my presence (I also wanted a way to see if he's tumbled over). I also have an dropper which I can stick through the holes but he's very ruffled right now.

If he becomes able enough to climb around on the walls and branches I put inside then I'll know he's getting better.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mofie 15a.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	26566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mofie 15.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	26567  

And I thought you eventually brought a girl home and wanted to congratulate you!
No one else found this intriguing?
What's all this about then?
Terrorist scum. They get it all over.

What part of the bird's new house did you need the MTG cards for?
I don't understand the question.

Would you please just throw a snake in there and give it a little lunch?

That's nature's way.

Breakthrough!

It has never made any chirping noises before, but now it lightly cheeps and chitters and it has WAY more energy than when first I found it.

Terrorist scum. They get it all over.

Now I really want to know what happened earlier.
If you feel filthy and need to wash the "sin" out, then who are the "terrorist scum"?

Breakthrough!

It has never made any chirping noises before, but now it lightly cheeps and chitters and it has WAY more energy than when first I found it.
Ill let Captain and Minio try and pry out what you meant earlier, but I have to say Im impressed by your efforts Im really rooting for you two, and hey, if you pull this off it may get Thread Of The Year. Better than the Trump thread.

OMG Do you have something Satanic planned for that poor bird.
Oh come on Citizen, any House Sparrow worth its salt knows how to play Magic: The Gathering.

Now I really want to know what happened earlier.
If you feel filthy and need to wash the "sin" out, then who are the "terrorist scum"?
A terrorist is like a snail, it leaves a trail of scum everywhere it goes and it has aberrant sexual fetishes. I did take that clothed bath by the way, stained the water black.

Yes! I ditto Tongo's sentiment about being impressed with your efforts, Omni.
This is so cool. Birdie seems to like the new home you've built for him.
If you haven't done so already, try putting a long branch through the holes in the box to create a perch a couple inches above the bottom and see how he reacts to that.

Oh, and keep the Terrorist Scum away from him!

A terrorist is like a snail, it leaves a trail of scum everywhere it goes and it has aberrant sexual fetishes. I did take that clothed bath by the way, stained the water black.
I didnt know snails had abherrent sexual fetishes. I think Ill google that.....

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Call me stupid, but I still don't understand what he's talking about.

Yes! I ditto Tongo's sentiment about being impressed with your efforts, Omni.
This is so cool. Birdie seems to like the new home you've built for him.
If you haven't done so already, try putting a long branch through the holes in the box to create a perch a couple inches above the bottom and see how he reacts to that.
I don't trust hanging it more than an inch above the ground, but I have adjusted the larger twig to be a perch.

I've noticed by this point that it doesn't seem to be a straightforward chest wound as I initially thought, but the joints at the base of it's tail and right wing are raw pink and it seems to move with no regard for them, often sitting on it's tail or outright grabbing it's own feathers with it's talons when it falls down (which keeps happening). I worry that repeatedly reaching in to roll it over may put more stress on the joints than necessary. They may heal better if he's not moving, so I'm torn between righting it so it can eat and drink, or leaving it so it can heal. Even then I'm not sure it can heal.