Tools    

Who knows overall but in 2016 so far at least i think it has been;

1.Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

2.PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

3.My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Still the only good top 3 in here

Three more favorites:

Hildur Gudnadottir - Without Sinking

Love Hildur. She's one of the most inspiring musicians for me personally. Maybe because she's so damn atmospheric.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# Infinity

An album I can't really talk about, because it's all feels.

Death Grips - The Money Store

Death Grips, one of the most important bands in my life ever. Everyone has an opinion on them and I feel that opinion usually dictates if you'll be my friend or not. Hard picking an album of theirs I like more than the others, I like them all pretty much equally. Went with Money Store for the cover, even though I'm showing the censored version.

Dragon Force is Power Metal, just so you know. You wouldn't want metal meanies like me making fun of you
I think it can be BOTH.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
Been struggling to think of a good #3. My #1 and #2 are currently Remain in Light and Wish You Were Here respectively, so I feel like I should pick something less rockist for a #3. My reflex answer is Ziggy Stardust but I'm not sure that I want to lock that in.
That sounds about right.

How appropriately gamey of you.

The People's Republic of Clogher

How appropriately gamey of you.
Post punk/synthpop/dance rock?

An album cover of a cherub apparently pleasuring himself?

Welcome to the human race...
That sounds about right.
As the number of favourites gets smaller, I feel like I need to vary them a bit more in order to aim for as broadly representative a selection as possible. Remain in Light is a strong amalgamation of multiple genres that includes those it took influence from and also that which it influenced, which is also true of Wish You Were Here to a lesser extent. To this end, I feel like I could swap in Enter the Wu-Tang or A Love Supreme or Ride the Lightning as my #3. It's difficult, I tell you.

As the number of favourites gets smaller, I feel like I need to vary them a bit more in order to aim for as broadly representative a selection as possible. Remain in Light is a strong amalgamation of multiple genres that includes those it took influence from and also that which it influenced, which is also true of Wish You Were Here to a lesser extent. To this end, I feel like I could swap in Enter the Wu-Tang or A Love Supreme or Ride the Lightning as my #3. It's difficult, I tell you.
The top 3 metal picks I threw up are fairly representative what I gravitate towards, but my main top 3 to a much lesser extent. None of it really speaks to my appeal for The Glitch Mob or Def Leppard or the jazzy pop-rap of Shoji Meguro and Lotus Juice.

Babymetal is fricken' weird... I think I like it.

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds
You can think what you want, you're still incorrect.
My Spirit Will Go On, 200.02 BPM
Exciter, 144.82 BPM

>_>

Speed metal isn't really about speed, it's just called that because they were all on speed while they were recording it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Babymetal is awfully mediocre. And I'm saying this as a sucker for anything that's Japanese.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Tough for me to pick favorites of all time, due to the ways tastes change over time etc. I will post three records I really like from the metal genre that are of the now. Metal is probably my favorite genre by just a hair, but I listen to many different genres of music. Here are three metal records I listen to a lot these days. Not the best ever or any silly claims like that:

Dark Tranquillity
Damage Done

Amorphis
Under the Red Cloud

Moonsorrow
Viides luku – Hävitetty

Originally Posted by Mr Minio
Babymetal is awfully mediocre. And I'm saying this as a sucker for anything that's Japanese.
I like that there's, ridiculously, a mash-up of Heavy Metal and J-Pop out there.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Tough for me to pick favorites of all time, due to the ways tastes change over time etc. I will post three records I really like from the metal genre that are of the now. Metal is probably my favorite genre by just a hair, but I listen to many different genres of music. Here are three metal records I listen to a lot these days. Not the best ever or any silly claims like that:
Got some specific songs from those to recommend, Sedai?

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Speed metal isn't really about speed, it's just called that because they were all on speed while they were recording it.
Partly the reason yes.

But musically speaking Speed metal is the bridge between Heavy metal/NWOBHM (New wave of British Heavy Metal) and Thrash metal. Speed Metal is more technical and melodic than thrash, while being faster and utilizing harsher vocals than heavy metal. If you listen to a band like Iron Maiden (Heavy), then Exciter (Speed) and then finally to something like Slayer (Thrash) you will notice a distinct difference between the three bands and the type of music they play.