The 2014 Tattymobile ... Or how to be an indecisive ninny

Tools    

Is it natural for a man to obsess about such things?
11.11%
2 votes
Brown n' Black
0%
0 votes
Blue n' Black
61.11%
11 votes
None More Black
5.56%
1 votes
Black n' Red
5.56%
1 votes
Red n' Black
0%
0 votes
Yellow n' Black
16.67%
3 votes
Grey n' red
0%
0 votes
White n' Black
0%
0 votes
Black n' White
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Black is always the right choice, very sharp. I have always been envious of the overseas car market.

The People's Republic of Clogher
As someone who used to sell American cars, I understand doubledenim's post.

It's a motor industry which has grown up around wide straight roads and cheap fuel and thus heavy cars with a rather agricultural suspension system. When you see a traditional US vehicle on European roads (and my cousin used to own a Camaro, bless him, in Tyrone) they look a little unwieldy. It's changed a bit recently, mainly due to the major manufacturers having standardised platforms - Ford USA's core stock has the same underpinnings as Ford Europe etc.

They used to have completely different architectures.

I thought DD might've meant the way they looked or something. US cars do look dreadful over here. There again, cars are getting so big now over here, that we're fast catching them up on that score. I'm well aware how much better designed and engineered they are.

The combination of saftey needs and the desire for good fuel consumption means that they all pretty much look the same now, too.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yep, The DS3 is technically a 'small' hatch but the interior room isn't far off my old Astra's. A whole new class of car has appeared because the new breed of small car is still too large for some.

I taught the late Mrs T to drive in a Fiat Cinquecento and she refused to drive anything larger for years and even then it was a struggle to get her behind the wheel of a Corsa. She was hella weird though.