The New Design Thread

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
It looks really great! Nice job! I think it is going to be pretty easy to get a handle on.

On an un-related note, the caption on the original gif said that this was Harry Potter?! WTF?

Glad you like it. I am definitely optimistic that people will get used to it quickly. Lots of stuff in the same place, and most of the changes were done with ease of use in mind, so I think the transition will be pretty smooth for most.

Well, the actor in question was in one of the Harry Potter movies, so I guess that'd be why.

I logged in today for the first time in ages... imagine my surprise!

Great job, Yoda. It looks great!
Wow, Sinny! Welcome back.

Yeah, you picked quite a day. I haven't even sent out the mailing list update about it yet, so I guess it was just a total coincidence.

The Quizzes section looks tidy...
Amusingly, that was another section I had to do quick-and-dirty. That one's getting a huge facelift, too.

Everything's been updated to fit the new style, obviously, but to meet the Oscar deadline I had to just update the general look and feel of some of them. I'm still going to go through and actually change the way a lot of them are laid out. And add new functionality after that.

So stay tuned for a lot more on that one.

Changes usually take a while to get used to, but I feel as though I'm already used to it.

Nice work, Yoda!

Yeah, took me ten or fifteen minutes to acclimatise my eyes to it... i.e. I'm used to seeing who's online at the bottom of the page, having certain links in certain places etc...

Now I'm used to where things are, it's all cool and the fresh 2 levelled look adds a great dynamic...

A system of cells interlinked
Don't forget to load your new profile banner pics, especially Lucas, because he loves Blade Runner!

Don't forget to load your new profile banner pics, especially Lucas, because he loves Blade Runner!
http://film-grab.com/movies-a-z/

If you're looking for a banner, that should come in handy.

Of course, it's strange at first but adjustable Nice work

Awww, gone so soon?

Re: Oscar Picks. Yup. I just have to put the link back up! Here it is for now: http://www.movieforums.com/oscars

We're doing the chat on Sunday, too.
Thanks for that!

Yeah, I still don't have my own computer, and only have access to one once a week for a couple of hours, which makes me turning up just as the new design goes live even more coincidental. I'll be back for good when I buy a new laptop after I return from my travels.

One thing I love is the fact that I haven't had to search around for links I use a lot, like Find My Posts or Edit Post, stuff like that. They all seem to be in their logical place even though everything looks very different.