Electronic Cigarettes

Tools    

Charge up the battery using a computer USB...

Then, attach the nicotine capsule.

Then, all you have to do is take it out of your pocket when you need it a puff on it like a regular cig.

The thing comes to life and gives you the nicotine hit. When you're done, you just stick it back in your pocket.
I think that's awesome. ESPECIALLY if one day they legalize marijuana everywhere and they had e-marijuana cigarettes because I HATE lighting bowls and bongs. I'm very neurotic about it. Usually have to have other people light it for me. Tobacco cigarettes I can handle just fine, but marijuana lighting drives me crazy. I burn my fingers with the lighter, I have difficulty inhaling (it BURNS), I stress about accidentally blowing out some of the weed. I think it's stress -- I'm usually okay once I'm stoned. That relaxes me and suddenly I'm a whiz with lighting.

The People's Republic of Clogher
You need something totally different for that kind of smoking. E-Cigs aren't designed for it.

There are products out there but they're not going anywhere near this thread, and that includes their discussion.

Well, I'm saying that one day this type of design may be made for it. In fact, according to some Google searches I just did, there apparently are already some.

First pic is the battery (looks like the white part of a cigarette) attached to the USB charger.

The second one is the battery next to the nicotine capsule (that looks like the butt end of a cigarette).

These lookalike ones are much better than they were at the very start. You get a good hit from them and the battery lasts for ages. Around a whole nicotine capsule worth of smoking.

Of course, if you leave the battery sitting without use, like any rechargeable battery, it will lose its power and need a charge before using it again.

Each nicotine capsule holds the same nicotine as about 60 cigarettes.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20140201_1.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	12857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20140201_2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	12858  

I think that's disturbing that you can charge a cigarette with your computer.

It's very simple. Just stick thebattery on the USB thing... plug into the USB socket and it just charges.

All it does is use the power. No registering with the computer etc. Just uses the power.

The red light on the charger thing comes on and the green light at the end of the battery comes on as well.

When it's fully charged, the lights turn off. Takes about 20 minutes.

When you puff the thing, the green light comes on and glows like a regular cigarette, except it's green.

When the battery needs charging, the green light at the end of the battery will flash rather than stay lit when you try to take a puff from it.

I think that's disturbing that you can charge a cigarette with your computer.
I can also charge one on my TV...

There are also e-cigs called Passthroughs which do away with the battery entirely. Just stick it in a USB port and off you go.

I've got one but never use it, to be honest. If everything else dies at once and chargers become outlawed I've got an alternative, I suppose...

That's the addict in me coming out.

Just watch how much you smoke.

Electric cigs, obviously, down burn down so it's hard to tell if you've smoked the equivalent of half a cigarette, or made a mistake and smoked the equivalent of 3 in one sitting.

When I use mine, I tend to go for 6 or 7 puffs... then I put it away for an hour or so.

You soon develop a new technique for smoking - I think everyone who starts gets a nicotine headache the first few days then they start to unconsciously moderate the amount they use.

There's also different strength liquids from 0mg up to 36mg. I was 36 for ages but few places offer it now so I use 24mg.

18 seems to be the average strength.

Just had a comment from Tac... cheers bud... might have a look.

E-Lites are about £7 for two capsules. A capsule is about 60 cigarettes worth.

£7 for 120 smokes. Pretty good considering a pack of 20 real cigs in the UK costs near £10 now.

Your talking up to £60 for 120 real cigs... just £7 for leccy ones.

That's as near as makes no difference... a 90% saving.

Just had a comment from Tac... cheers bud... might have a look.

E-Lites are about £7 for two capsules. A capsule is about 60 cigarettes worth.

£7 for 120 smokes. Pretty good considering a pack of 20 real cigs in the UK costs near £10 now.
A £7.99 30ml bottle of Dekang (Chinese but good quality) liquid will last me about a week. The stuff I get from the States is about a tenner for 30ml - tastes fantastic though. £60 for a pack of cigs a day for 7 days...

You've got to factor in the cost of batteries and atomizers too but you're not buying them anywhere near as regularly.

An eGo battery will cost you about a tenner. A Mini Protank atomizer is about £12.

If you're unlucky, a battery will last a few months but I've got one which I bought nearly 3 years ago still going strong. The Protank atomizers have replaceable coils (5 for a tenner, or cheaper on eBay) and I find I get a couple of weeks from each coil until it starts to lose performance.

Yeah, to get started cost me £25.

That was 2 capsules, the battery and the USB Charger all in one big pack.

After that, all I have to buy is the capsules in a double-pack at £7 a pop.

There are a lot of e-cig 'reviewers' on YouTube but the most even-handed I've found is Phil Busardo. He's reviewed all manner of stuff, from the cheap disposables to the £200 monsters.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/

I've been using e-cigs for about a year and they paid for themselves, and more, after about 3 weeks.

I'm still a bit dubious as to how safe they are with the lack of safety checking but they're certainly good for when money is tight and I need a quick smoke.

Yeah, to get started cost me £25.

That was 2 capsules, the battery and the USB Charger all in one big pack.

After that, all I have to buy is the capsules in a double-pack at £7 a pop.
Can you refill the carts yourself? I used to be able to (unofficially, of course) but found that they only held 0.5ml or so of liquid. I get through about 3ml a day so found myself getting through them far too fast.